How to - Mk1 Octavia halogen - xenon conversion

K17KEO

I dont want speak too soon at the moment as I can't get my lamps at the moment (they are completed but waiting at my son's workshop), but I've found motors from a different marque of car that have the same adjuster extension and power pin formation as the halogen lamps, I just need to check that they physically fit and lock into the xenon body.

If they do, then this part of the mod will be a doddle for others once I have checked. Will update further when I am sure

If i fit headlight washer bottle 5lt and headlight washers are they any other mods to do or will it work from the off.....Ordered halogen looms so not butchering own i have original hight adjusters off headlights which are xenon 4 pin can these not be moded? Lights are off a laurin klement proper xenons.

I think someone on the mk IV golf forum played around with this, but not sure if he ever got them to work, The original adjusters are like a big remote control car servo inside, but I believe the Xenon adjuster is a stepper motor that looks for a constantly changing input, although I have not had my hands on one yet to confirm this - not at over £60 a pop.

Do you still have access to the car to get the looms and level correctors from the suspension to do it properly?

Yes you are right they are round discs one on top of the other,that are held in with 2 screws the parts you mention i do not know either what they are or look like. I had the items posted, inside the headlights is 2 oblong pieces with the d2s connector on the end,i will try and get some pictures up my phone will not do it then you will see what i mean.I believe the 4 way connector plugs into this devise which is fastened inside the headlight.Then the igniter is fastened on the back of the outer cover the multi plug has about 12 wires which connects to the car loom plug.

The OEM fitment for xenons is the lamps themselves, headlamp washers, and sensors fitted on the front and rear suspension to supply a control unit with instructions to level the lights for load, acceleration, etc. These are needed if you want to retain the factory system. Post your piccies and I'll try to offer help/guideance for you.

• 6 months later...

Nice work mate!!!

On the other hand I got some used OEM xenon headlights off of ebay and some special wirrings(ebay too)and work done!!!

I dont have leveling adjustement but its not illegal to run them without it!!!

Sent from my GT-I9001 using tapatalk 2

• 1 year later...

When you say xenon upgrade are we talking hid, or original equipment xenon?.

If it is hid that you have, then this thread may help - http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/333860-xenon-retrofit/

If it is original equipment that you have then the thread will not be much use I don't think as they may be wired differently.

yep hid conversionthanks for that  

When you say xenon upgrade are we talking hid, or original equipment xenon?.

If it is hid that you have, then this thread may help - http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/333860-xenon-retrofit/

If it is original equipment that you have then the thread will not be much use I don't think as they may be wired differently.