Hi, Ive got the felicia 1.3LXi and want to do an engine swap on it. I would like to get an engine capable of having a turbo fitted because I love the sound that a dump valve makes but i know it isnt going to be possible without spending big money. So i'm just going to go with a normal petrol engine (preferbly quite tuneable) but I'm not sure which engines are going to fit into the felicia. Any help you could provide would be great. Thanks in advance

Its probably gonna be an engine no bigger than a 1.6 as I am a student and aint got much money. I was thinking of putting the polo engine in but its hard to get hold of one. Ive been looking at scrapped cars that I could buy and take the engine out of it. Do you know if the polo engine is a straight fit and where to get one from

Its probably gonna be an engine no bigger than a 1.6 as I am a student and aint got much money. I was thinking of putting the polo engine in but its hard to get hold of one.

The 1.6 8v could be worth a look - has been used in Golfs for the last 25 years, and appeared in some of the GTi's so there are various tuning options commonly available (pretty sure I've seen turbo conversions for them).

To be honest though, the cost of buying an old 1.6 unit and getting a turbo fitted to it probably isn't much different from getting a 1.8T unit...

Rob.

Have you found out how an engine swap will affect your insurance as this may stop it being cost effective? 1.6-8v would be a good bet though if you go ahead with it and I'm sure parts will be plentiful for it for a while to come :D Alternatively, you could try and source a PD/TDi engine which have a turbo and are quiet tunable. You'd have to make your own dump-valve noises though ;)

Chris

I personally am investigating the posibility of popping a Volvo T5 engine in a Felicia which will start at 225hp and with a remap will blow R32 turbo'd mk2 golfs out of the water - lol.

Thats what i would consider anyway !

Andy, why use such a wimpy engine?

I reckon with a spot (this is a very relative term) judicious bodging an Audi 2.7 twin turbo V6 could be shoehorned in.

As to whether it is crazy, how about an Estelle with a smalll block chevy? There are 2 I know of, 1 of which is on here :D

52%20Side%20carbs.jpg

for more, have a look at Dave's page, http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.akers/skoda.htm

:D

Yeah :D

A 425 cubic inch Oldsmobile V8 with up to a 600 shot of NoS available, although I think he was only planning on running 300-400 as it was thought that would be "enough" :D :D Had a Jag V12 rear axle that fitted straight in :)

Absolutely barking :cool:

On the insurance side of things they shouldnt hit you to hard, and will probally be the same group or a little lower than the group the new engine came from eg. a 1.8 engine from a golf gti mark 2 (group 16) in to the felicia would probally be around group 15/16! as long as the insurance company is happy that you have uprated the breaks and suspension and possibly also tyres! On the brighter side it will be a small price to pay as you watch bmw 318 drivers seam confused as you not only pass them but also pull away from them!

• 2 weeks later...