fabia front electric windows not working

sbt

hi all just looking for some advice regarding my sons 2009 fabia sport . both his front electric windows have stopped working at the same time so fuse me thinks but no the fuse as not blown . anyone with any ideas would be much apppreciated

Try Unlocking it manually with the key and hold it in the unlocked position. The windows should go down & vice versa locking and holding the key in the locking position closes them. (yes comfort closing should work with remotes but using the key in the door is a manual operation that rules out broken wiring.

If this works all your wiring to both doors is ok and most likely the dual switch in the drivers door has had water in it from rain when the windows been open.

And as above yes it can be the wires breaking at that mileage too. I could also be the motor/ecu but get the easy checks done 1st

• Like 1

Using the comfort feature even on the key won't rule out broken wiring. If the main live or earth has broken to the control unit it's not going to work at all.

If it works it will rule out broken wiring ;) But as you say if it doesn't work it doesn't so no loss?

Yeah I agree to some point, doesn't rule out all the wiring, does verify if it's a switch problem I guess.

Something to remember the driver window motor is the main control with the others working from that. We do have issues with motors, if you can get he switches out (they are quite tricky) you can look down into the door at the motor. If its got a right angled connector on the top that's the old type that has been done away with. They now have a straigh connector on top. Not conclusive diagnosis by any means but a good start.

My passenger window refused to work recently. I left the car, fretted all day and returned to the car and did the comfort window remote thing. It then worked fine. It was as if I had spoofed the wondow into not operating on getting in that day and ity just needed a reboot - is he inadvertantly working the switches while starting or something? I think that was what I did that day.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all - I would welcome any thoughts on this:

Car -

07 Plate Fabia, 1.2 petrol. 35k miles. This model does not have a key fob.

Situation -

Front passanger (electric) window - intermittent functionaility. Manual door lock operates and activates the central locking. Internal 'green' light on the window switch works fine.

Drivers side window - no functionality at all and door lock fails to operate the central locking. The key placed in the lock does operate that individual door lock and activate the cabin light. Internally - when sat in the car the window controls are illuminated on both doors.

The fuses are all fine for relevent wiring looms.

Have already tried some recommendations in this thread - will check the rest and feed back but i would be greatul for any thoughts.

Cheers

I have a 2011 fabia and it also had a problem with the passenger window sometimes not working. Told dealership when it went for its first service only to be told they could find no fault and to bring it in when the fault develops again which is basically not always practical

• 1 year later...

Pop the rubber boot off in the door shut on the drivers side. It unclips from top. Pull back the boot and check for broken wires. If they are ok disconnect the multi plug and reconnect, see if they start working again.

I took this advice from tech 1 e . Thanks a lot it did the trick . !! 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Hi

I had today both front electric windows not working and central locking working intermittent (fabia 2, 59 plate)

No key fob. I always thought it was a fault with my windows going up & down using the key.

Anyway key wouldn't work the windows. Mine had a thin brown wire broken on driver and passenger sides between door & A post with a thicker red/white wire broken on drivers side. Soldered the wires back together and windows and central locking all working well now

Thanks for the fixes :)