indicator relay position?

I had a problem with indicators going intermittent and this varied with battery volts. The hazard relay is cleverly used for both hazards and indicators - the external connections determine which function is used. I changed the hazard relay and problem was solved. Part number is 1U0 953 235 B.

If you can't pull the relay out from the front then remove the blanking plugs below so you can push from behind. Don't use a lever (e.g. screwdriver) without protecting the soft faced facia.

Some people have reported a similar fault due to the indicator stalk. See here for details. There are some similar threads you can search for too.

I find the search box on here to be useless so I use Google and enter Briskoda followed by my search terms.

My relay was clicking by itself. I replaced it and it still did it. I fixed it by spraying contact cleaner into the base of the indicator stalk. :)

Same here.

My relay clicked last winter in a crazy mode (when the stalk was on the off position). A quick blast of switch cleaner into the stalk base and a wiggle around cured it.

Best bit was that the cure was free, as I got a can of switch cleaner from work FOC.