EGR Delete..... Im so confused

L33 LHO

Sorry for spamming, I thought the asv on the Blt was electronic and was maintained when an egr delete was fitted with the asz having a mechanical asv which was lost with an egr delete?!

Yes that's correct.

I'm abit lost now lol I am going to make a BLT egr delete that way you delete the egr but keep the ASV.

Or

Are you wanting a egr delete for the ASZ engine with a custom ASV in? As this is what I originally thought you guy wanted?

No, I believe what people are wanting is that Darkside pipe (which I didn't think existed). I.e. a shortened version of the traditional race pipe, with flanges on both ends so you can unbolt your BLT anti-shudder (which is separate from the EGR) and just replace the EGR section.

On an ASZ engine, the whole thing is one long pipe with both EGR and ASV in it, so you have to remove none or both, on a BLT you can remove just the EGR section and leave the ASV in place. What people are asking for here is a shorter race pipe to enable them to do that.

Yes that's correct.

I'm abit lost now lol I am going to make a BLT egr delete that way you delete the egr but keep the ASV.

Or

Are you wanting a egr delete for the ASZ engine with a custom ASV in? As this is what I originally thought you guy wanted?

That

• 2 weeks later...

i'm intersted in one of these too, BLT engine, i'd like to remove the EGR but keep the anti-shudder, and i want the engine management light to stay off (If this means mapping it out will it affect my Shark stage 1 map?).

Can someone explain what the ASV actually does? I understand the EGR and why to remove it but don't know a thing about the ASV in all honesty

ASV makes it shut down smoothly I think, all it is, is a alloy housing with a flap in side working off some sort of servo. bit like a throttle body on a petrol car from what i can see.

Dark side developments make a EGR delete for a BLT engine and its about £75

ok cheers, last question i promise! If it needs to be mapped out will this affect the existing map on the car?

Sorry for being a pain, i'm new to modern diesel engines, my last few cars have all been petrols running carbs

Your current software can be modified to incorporate modifications to shutdown the EGR process without affecting the rest of the software.

I'm just in the process of buying a egr off a Blt engine so I can take measurements from as my personal Fabia is a asz engine. I will let you know when its finished and tested ect

Why not just get the kit that another diesel tuning company has made up and just copy it ;)

I'm just in the process of buying a egr off a Blt engine so I can take measurements from as my personal Fabia is a asz engine. I will let you know when its finished and tested ect

What would be the guestimated price on one of these finished products? would it include a blank? if not where can i get one of them (Ebay?)? :)