EGR Delete..... Im so confused

L33 LHO

Ive purchased one of the Allard kits for the BLT engine last night - Very pricey, but i wasn't happy when i tried the normal one without the ASV, was horrid and violent on turn off! (i didnt do the clutch in trick, but i dont want the hassle!)

Will report back when it arrives.

• Like 1

On a side note, the Darkside kit is £74 + postage. The Allard kit is £74.95 delivered on ebay - A few quid in it, if that.

The Allard one has welded end plates, the darkside one is made from one solid piece. They both have Boost tap points if you wish to use them. I'll be fitting a boost qauge as im going Hybrid soon.

Ive purchased one of the Allard kits for the BLT engine last night - Very pricey, but i wasn't happy when i tried the normal one without the ASV, was horrid and violent on turn off! (i didnt do the clutch in trick, but i dont want the hassle!)

Will report back when it arrives.

I have recently got my vrs and it has an allard kit on it. It is still horrible when you turn it off. I never knew of this clutch trick but I have just accepted that it may annoy me when I turn it off but it will save me money in the long run. Haha

I've been running the Allard EGR delete on my BLT for 3 years with no problems other than the EML on the dash (3 active EGR fault codes) I now have a Shark stage1 EGR delete map so no more EML and no MOT fail.

004-9.jpg

002-10.jpg

003-8.jpg

If the EGR is "mapped out" will there still be vacuum on the pipe on idle?? just thought id check i took the pipe off and still have a light suction no warning lights come on. but after cleaning the asv and egr theres oil coming from someone where as i took off the boost pipe and that was oily too

If the EGR is "mapped out" will there still be vacuum on the pipe on idle?? just thought id check i took the pipe off and still have a light suction no warning lights come on. but after cleaning the asv and egr theres oil coming from someone where as i took off the boost pipe and that was oily too

Depends how it's done, but probably yes. My solution on the BLT engine, disables the EGR function in the software, but the vac pipe NEEDS disconnecting.

EGR delete for the BLT engine to retain the ASV.

IMAG0601_zps0a1749d7.jpg

That looks neat, I'm presuming it is the darkside kit. So when this has been fitted, the warning light needs to be mapped out? Is that correct?

That looks neat, I'm presuming it is the darkside kit. So when this has been fitted, the warning light needs to be mapped out? Is that correct?

Thats the Allard kit. Basically the same thing. I have a remap with it mapped out/tell it not to open. This just tidies it up and blocks it off at the turbo so no air is coming up to where the egr was. Nice bit of kit, just pricey. :)

Thats the Allard kit. Basically the same thing. I have a remap with it mapped out/tell it not to open. This just tidies it up and blocks it off at the turbo so no air is coming up to where the egr was. Nice bit of kit, just pricey. :)

Ah, thats interesting. On the Allard site it doesn't mention anything about using one on a BLT engine

does your vacuum pipe to the egr still suck a little? mines mapped out not to open and it still has some suction

• 4 years later...

You don't happen to have a thread for fitting this ket do you? Just about to tackle it in my Roomster and wouldn't mind seeing what's involved.