skodalads VRS

skodalad

Just recently bought my first Fabia VRS, for me it is perfect, quick enough for a bit of a thrash and still brings home the bacon when it comes to fuel economy, I am from staffordshire and bought the car from yeovil so a swift 5 hour journey there and a 5 hour back, needless to say i was really surprised how capable it is on the motorway. Anyway pictures...

When I got her back and after the first wash...

IMG_0113.jpg

post-94466-0-15388800-1346233578_thumb.jpg

Edited by skodalad
  • Like 1

Thanks mate! Its pretty clean, few little things like cloudy lights, which would like to do some thing about, any ideas?? all I am going to do is get it remapped, audi winters and coilovers.

So far i have

Replaced the number plate screws

Valeted the seats

Detailed under the bonnet as it was a mess

Stripped the wheels of baked on tar (2 hours work)

New disks and pads ordered

• 2 weeks later...

What seams to be a common problem with fabia headlights is that they can go cloudy over time, like this...

IMG_01872.jpg

So after a bit of advice off here, I bought some 1500 grit and 2000 grit paper, then polished and got them to look like this...

IMG_01892.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

After a big gap in this thread i have finally got my arse into gear.

Doing my research on the wheels and ordering the neccasary parts to get them to fit.

Because the bolt hole is so slim (20mm) I have gone for 'tuner bolts' with a 50mm thread m14 with a 1.5 pitch.

The reason for the 50mm thread is because the face of the wheel is 25mm thick and 25mm to go into the hub.

Then to clear the rear axle I have opted for 5mm shims to kick it out slightly and I have had to have 20mm hubcentric

spacers for the front just so the rim can clear the suspension strut.

The car has also been lowered now on some JOM coilovers, which considering how cheap they are, for me the ride is perfect,

stiff but with a little bit of give, which is good as i will be running 8's and 9's so clearance will be minimal.

All that is left to do now is to test fit the wheels and then order tyres then it will be ready for ultimate dubs.

So, its been an eventful week, after throwing a boost hose on the way home from work one night I got the car recovered to the garage

IMG_0497.jpg

Then as we had just unloaded the car into the yard, the bed of the recovery truck slid on its own and cracked my front bumper and taken chunks out from underneath aswell.

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

Its not that bad, but i took it to a body shop, and because of where it is it would be more cost effective to buy a new bumper and get it sprayed.

So all this will be repaired on their insurance so i have actualy come out of this better than i went it. A little dent in the wing is also getting fixed as it will need to be blended in over the wings anyway..

Now onto the wheels which will be fitted this weeks hopefully, in time for ultimate dubs,

The shims

IMG_0508.jpg

The extended bolts and tool

IMG_0509.jpg

And the lovely hubcentrics

IMG_0510.jpg

More updates this week after trial fit.

• Like 1

Be careful with that adaptor tool for the bolts, i had some on a old car and sheered the hex head off because it so long the torque just twisted and snapped it. Ended up making it as short as possible and welding a new head on.

Cant wait to see the wheels on though, you on a stand at ultimate dubs?