skodalads VRS

skodalad

That was my concern with that quick shift. When I asked before they said they didn't know if it would fit the Fabia.

Hope you get it sorted ok though :)

Well ill take one for the team and say they don't fit haha Ill get it sorted I always do

Holy **** that's miles out :(

They state on the website it fits 'European 02M gearboxes' I would be sending them pics before you modify it,get some money back

Yeah it really is, Im going to send some pictures over to him tomorrow and see what he says, I wasn't going to get the actual shifter modified, I was thinking about a bracket that can be bolted through the exiting hole on the linkage with the new pivot point in the correct place, sort of like and extension.

• Like 1

Looks awesome!

Proper bit of heavy duty rope that is as well lol

Thanks mate! Haha perks of living in a farm, loads of heavy duty stuff.

Like I've said before.

So many of these epic build going on, can't wait for them to be finished to see how they run. Hopefully some good power figures but mostly nice and smooth with all the supporting modifications.

There really is at the moment, there will be some serious cars knocking around soon! That's more what I'm interested in, having a good solid figure, but with what engine not on the verge of blowing up!

• Like 1

Not much to report back with until tomrrow night when the snail returns home.

Cleaned up the gearbox mount bracket ready to be powder coated

6D2EAC3C-5951-459B-B93C-F4D9952C7663.jpg

And a few new pictures have emerged which I love!!

F369EAE9-9D93-4194-BB59-7DB90F805294.jpg

Me looking like a gorm in the background haha

4FB90663-B8B2-4F64-BA0D-CF110130DD94.jpg

I'll get some more pics up tomorrow

• Like 2

Being having a think about the boost pipes and how I would like them to be, I know a few people on here have bought the eBay hard pipe kit and didn't think it was too bad, So I have ordered one

Boost%20pipes.jpg

Then instead of using a 90 degree elbow to the inlet I have ordered a 90 degree metal pipe to match the hard pipes, this will be cut to length and welded on, then the other side of the vband to the end of it

90.png

After the hardpipes have been mocked up they can then goto paint, where they will be finished in bodycolour including the inlet

• Like 1

If they come out like I have it in my head, we should be onto a winner! 

Im going to put a larger piece of silicone between the top boost pipe and the intercooler, which should hopefully allow for the movement

On 1/28/2017 at 00:43, Rayban790 said:

Just read through the whole article and wow! Absolutely awesome! It's fair to say your time and effort have paid off!

Thanks for taking the time to read it mate, cheers man

Spent the weekend getting the bay ready to have the engine back in, Stripping all the old loom tape off and starting again, cleaning down the legs and I will probably flash over them quickly with some silver paint.

I also tried to reroute the harness, get ever single plug and unravel it so I can run things neater

9DF8936B-DAAB-4287-8846-CB14AB6CB532.jpg

All the old crap removed

A5B1A29C-1AA5-429B-8780-3CCC407BF740.jpg

Pulling a plug out to demonstrate how I have got every plug, Unraveled so I can tape the plug that goto the same place together, Also I'm going to run the washer bottle water lines through the wing

5FC0C425-FC62-42DA-86F5-4D6EAC088545.jpg

Edited by skodalad

10 minutes ago, Lofty said:

Blimey - is the bottle of Meths to help you through this difficult job? LOL

I hate how messy the standard engine bays are on these, but I couldn't bring myself to get to the levels you have - fair play for getting stuck in

haha It does look that way, Its mega at removing all the old glue and crap off the wires!

Its a mine field and It mashed my brain a few times this weekend but its nearly done now, Just little things like removing the plug for the oil level sensor as the shallow sump dosen't have one, and running other wires in different areas

16 hours ago, pip_vrs said:

I know what its like, got it all to come again too. 

I don't envy you mate!

Just to give you an idea of how i'm rerouting things, This is the washer bottle water pipe and then plug

3F8F83E6-70F9-4413-A6FD-17D78D90A133.jpg

C8FC6E88-B6B0-4EDF-B8C0-8B7A325C51E5.jpg

These 3 will be run from the back of the engine to their plug locations, to keep them hidden, Check out my horrible chassis notch done by havair, I'm having it redone before it comes back on the road and the inside of the legs will be painted too

14E6D90D-18D4-46D6-94A6-3C67263086F8.jpg

All the power cabels that run to the junction box will be run together to keep things neat

D34702B8-7DCD-4AE9-8C23-1E3583E41DD6.jpg

My way of keeping things organised haha

875771E1-2344-4098-9D4B-72F9E21EA901.jpg

Splitting the loom into sections, this decision is based on where the plugs run to on the car

1C50613B-335F-4FB4-9D20-E82620FEA7BA.jpg

Still waiting on the turbo, having some pins made up for my adaptor and the guy who was supposed to be making them has been off. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Robshaw said:

Must admit, when I got to the loom pictures I thought...

Sod that for a game of soldiers! 10/10 for your patience on this!

That thought ran through my head a few times, I also had to walk away a few times aswell haha

Thanks mate, worth it in the end

• Like 1