Dan's GTB1756 Powered Fabia VRS

DanHam

• 4 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread! But I'm gonna be getting myself a Corrida red Fabia in the next couple of months and this has given me a lot of ideas of what to do, love this car and very enjoyable read of the project!

• 1 year later...

Well it's home and I am happy! Loved the drive home, brought back all the love and the economy (something I'm not used too lol)

Will switch insurance etc over fully next week and then be using it daily again. Definitely feels quicker than a standard Astra VXR.... mine is tuned to 309bhp though so does go quite well now :D

• Like 3

Glad you're happy with it Dan. Was great to look after it for you for a couple of years.

Was good to get back in the mx5 today. Much as I loved the Fabia, you'd done so much to it that it was never really 'my car'. The 5 was more a blank slate I've made my own ????

Definitely good to leave your own mark on a car. I'd like to say the Fabia will save me money but I'm sure it will get spent on modding it :D

I've not been to any kind of car show / track day or anything since I sold the Fabia. Will surely be visiting some this year though.

• Like 1

Fabia insured yesterday and done about 60 miles in it already. Updated map uploaded by Kevlaaa and the logs sent off to John - thank you for the map update! Now running slightly more fuel and boost that it was before and feels great.

Feels more comfortable to drive fast than the Astra does, its a lot lighter to steer aswell (I think it's the settings within VCDS). Was in mine yesterday then straight into Kev's 2260 Fabia and the difference is a lot so it's really got me urged to get a larger turbo onto the Fabia at some point :D

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 29/12/2016 at 23:54, DanHam said:

Well it's home and I am happy! Loved the drive home, brought back all the love and the economy (something I'm not used too lol)

Will switch insurance etc over fully next week and then be using it daily again. Definitely feels quicker than a standard Astra VXR.... mine is tuned to 309bhp though so does go quite well now :D

Must admit I can see where you are coming from. I am regretting selling my stage 3 Fabia now. Although I now have an S1 which is fantastic I feel I need another Fabia as a second car.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/02/2017 at 19:05, Toxicvrs said:

Sure I saw this yesterday on my way home. Looked damn well :)

Where did you spot me mate? I'm all over the place haha! Do about 500 miles a week in it at the moment!

Are you by any chance the lad with the silver one with wide mouth I pass on the A483 now and again?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DanHam said:

Where did you spot me mate? I'm all over the place haha! Do about 500 miles a week in it at the moment!

Are you by any chance the lad with the silver one with wide mouth I pass on the A483 now and again?

Noo mate, I was just coming out of Four Crosses as you went across south towards Welshpool. And unfortunately not...  I was in a red mk1 Fabia

1 hour ago, Toxicvrs said:

Noo mate, I was just coming out of Four Crosses as you went across south towards Welshpool. And unfortunately not...  I was in a red mk1 Fabia

Ahh didn't see you! Hope it wasn't when it was filthy! Are you down that way often?