tyre noise? wheel bearing maybe?

Had a problem with mine, it was uneven tyre wear on the outer edge of the rear tyre. They were worn but not down to the indicators.

Changed front to rear and had new fitted to front no problems since.

• Like 1

Had a problem with mine, it was uneven tyre wear on the outer edge of the rear tyre. They were worn but not down to the indicators.

Changed front to rear and had new fitted to front no problems since.

THIS.

I had the same issue when i bought my VRS and the rear tyres were 'stepped' giving a whirring noise anything over 30 mph.

Change the front tyres to the back and see if the noise changes or goes away. Its a quick and free fault finding exercise.

Check the wear on the shoulders of the tyres when you have them off and check the lateral play in each of the wheels by wriggling the wheel left and right to see if there is any excess movement that may indicate a possible bearing going.

Niall

This is so weird, think i have the same problem but i swear its coming from the front passenger side. Started hearing it last night. but mine sounds like more of a nail/rock in wheel, (checked all 4 wheels and there seems to be nothing there).

I've been having exactly the same issue with mine. Since been low, the front tyres have worn unevenly, so I've swapped front and rear tyres. I had the whirring noise at 25mph. I put the spare wheel on the front drivers and problem solved.

Now I know what it is, I have put the alloy back on and will jut keep check the tyre regularly. I thought maybe the tyre had a

slight flat spot or something, but I'm no expert! Glad others are suffering with the same problem :p

• 2 months later...

I had a similar problem to this (sounds like it at least) - it would start after a mile or so of driving at 60-70mph, and would last another several miles. The noise was relevant to the speed. New tyres on the front didn't solve the problem, but the garage who swapped + installed new tyres identified that a brake calliper had seized on.

Since I got that sorted, the problem disappeared. Something worth checking out any way? :)