Parking Sensors

XK140

New Fabia vRs on order,as I've already mentioned,and I carefully considered the options I wanted.It's still not too late to change and the only one I am thinking of adding is rear parking sensors.

I've never had these before,and my thinking was the fabia is quite a short car so fairly easy to judge where the back end is,so not needed.

On the other hand,if they work well and save just one back bumper damage incident they would be worth the money.Also I have a neck problems so don't really turn round when reversing,just use the mirrors.

Thoughts?

yep they are great, my greenline is the first car i have had them on,

you get a beep via stereo speakers and a graphic on the radio display to show where the obsticle is beeps start at about 4 feet and continous tone at about a foot

only problem i have with them is when i drive other cars i am waiting for the beeps :(

• Like 1

Guess it depends on driving expriences, when i was 17 i would jumped at them, im now 25 and have to drive and manovure 3.5ton LWB van alot, and had to park varying lengths of Rigid HGV's

So for me personally they arent a must have.

But having said that whilest i worked at skoda had to opertunity to use Superbs,Octavia & Fabias with this option.

All work superbly and leave a comfetable gap ao u cant trust them.

My only gripe is i dnt like the display on a swing radio, fuctional but not as detailed as on the Balero and colubmus, which is to be expected due the differences of standard between these headunits, just mearly my opinion.

I would get them. & it has nothing to do with driving experience IMO

Parents at supermarkets just let their toddlers wonder off & no matter how diligent you are they can still get into a blind spot behind you,

that Audible is worth its weight. (You can adjust how much it turns your Radio or Music down while reversing)

&

more and more little people seem to just dump a bike on the ground behind you type thing,

i still check when getting into any vehicle before reversing even when there are parking sensors..

george

I would get them. & it has nothing to do with driving experience IMO

Parents at supermarkets just let their toddlers wonder off & no matter how diligent you are they can still get into a blind spot behind you,

that Audible is worth its weight. (You can adjust how much it turns your Radio or Music down while reversing)

&

more and more little people seem to just dump a bike on the ground behind you type thing,

i still check when getting into any vehicle before reversing even when there are parking sensors..

george

Sadly ive know plenty of people to trust sensors more then thier own eyes and comman sense.

Some i knew that a BMW backed in to a low which they KNEW was there because the sensors hadnt sensed it due to its hieght, the person then admitted they thought they must of been close but didnt know how close till they hit it.

All i would say is use as a AID and dont rely on it.

I would also like to clarify, im not saying driving exprience is a factor for everyone.

Its just for me Ive not been in a posistion to buy brand new therefore when buying a used car already spec'd.

Andthe fact that im comfertable parking thinks much bigger and with less visablity means for me parking sensors dont come high up in my esstentials for a car.

Would i spec them from new ? If it fitted in my budget after all the options id prefer first yes if not no

Spoke to the dealer to-day and was told it was now too late to add this option.

My build week is 39 and they said spec cannot be changed when it's under 4/5 weeks to build date.

Not too bothered really.

Spoke to the dealer to-day and was told it was now too late to add this option.

My build week is 39 and they said spec cannot be changed when it's under 4/5 weeks to build date.

Not too bothered really.

Just to compare, when I spoke to my dealer about adding some options he told me spec cannot be changed after 8 weeks to build date (mine was week 36), they need to get their stories straight!!

There is a Skoda kit for the reversing sensors that is dealer fit. I have it. It is not connected to the stereo so there is no drop in volume or display on the screen etc. However there is a small speaker with a red LED on it attached to the roof lining in the back of the car, this lines up with the rear view mirror so you can see it flashing -it makes different beeps when something nears the side as opposed to directly behind.

There is a Skoda kit for the reversing sensors that is dealer fit. I have it. It is not connected to the stereo so there is no drop in volume or display on the screen etc. However there is a small speaker with a red LED on it attached to the roof lining in the back of the car, this lines up with the rear view mirror so you can see it flashing -it makes different beeps when something nears the side as opposed to directly behind.

My mum had reversing sensors retrofitted by Caffyns in Ashford , hers is connected to the stereo but does not reduce radio volume and does not display but there is no box or led on hers it looks like factory

I did smile at the comment from the trucker that they are not needed, you could say the same about power steering, air con or abs , I personally wouldn't be without them and I've held my HGV1 and PCV for over 20 years

Rich...

2 things one im not a trucker, altho i have the upmost respect for them as i wouldnt wana drive a HGV on road regulary

2nd if you actully read what i wrote i didnt say i dont need them. They are just not the top of my list for options. Thats all.

Richf, Re Reversing sensors & Volume.

Do you know how to go into the Radio choices & adjust the Choice of Volume as you select Reverse,

'PDC Volume', 'Loud', 'Gala Volume' etc.?

As the Car goes quicker on the road going forward the Volume of the Music can increase automatically.

? Or does it not have that?

george

I do know how to use the radio on my car but i have factory sensors , my mums as I said were retrofitted by the dealer as her car is a cancelled order but she is happy with the volume of the sensors since she rarely has the volume up high anyhow, my point was the retrofitted sensors can appear factory apart from the display on the headunit , not all dealer fitted ones have the boxes and leds

Dont know about the speed function on the radio thats not something that would appeal to me particularly

Certainly the option fit is the best way to go, the drop in radio volume and graphic display are extremely useful.The first time i have had such a feature and would not go without again. I have not had experience with the dealer fitted option, but if that is your only choice, i would definitely do it.

I have set the radio to the 'Gala' Option as per the OM and the increase in volume as the speed rises is useful, not that that the fabia is THAT noisy. Had the same feature in a clio a few years ago, and really liked it.

• 2 years later...