Parking Sensors

XK140

Spoke to the dealer to-day and was told it was now too late to add this option.

My build week is 39 and they said spec cannot be changed when it's under 4/5 weeks to build date.

Not too bothered really.

The dealer can retrofit them if required but you only get the bleep you don't get the display!

• Like 1

New Fabia vRs on order,as I've already mentioned,and I carefully considered the options I wanted.It's still not too late to change and the only one I am thinking of adding is rear parking sensors.

I've never had these before,and my thinking was the fabia is quite a short car so fairly easy to judge where the back end is,so not needed.

On the other hand,if they work well and save just one back bumper damage incident they would be worth the money.Also I have a neck problems so don't really turn round when reversing,just use the mirrors.

Thoughts?

My first choice for an optional extra would be to extend the skoda waranty to 5 years/100k miles. This can only be bought when ordering a new car.

The dealer can retrofit them if required but you only get the bleep you don't get the display!

+1

This is what my cars got.

As said, you wont get the display but you will get the beep

I couldnt see the point of them before i had any. Thought they were for people who couldnt drive haha. But actually, theyre really handy as a safety net.

Especially on a dark wet night, as the fabias reversing light isnt brilliant IMO.

I've done a retrofit of the factory sensors on my vRS estate and my dad's vRS hatchback. Not a job for the feint hearted. I had to remove, cut holes in and refit the bumper, remove all the plastic trim panels on the LHS from the boot forward to the dashboard, remove the centre console to tap into the CANBus on the DSG gearstick and then tap into the fusebox wiring for the power feed.  After all this and some VCDS coding it works brilliantly with my retrofitted Columbus SatNav and my dad's Swing radio.

I've done a retrofit of the factory sensors on my vRS estate and my dad's vRS hatchback. Not a job for the feint hearted. I had to remove, cut holes in and refit the bumper, remove all the plastic trim panels on the LHS from the boot forward to the dashboard, remove the centre console to tap into the CANBus on the DSG gearstick and then tap into the fusebox wiring for the power feed. After all this and some VCDS coding it works brilliantly with my retrofitted Columbus SatNav and my dad's Swing radio.

But the kit with its own beeper in the boot and doesnt use the radios display would be much easier? Haha.