Fun Truck Register

Seeing as there's only 400 or so left I thought we'd see if we can get a little register of Fun's up so we could see how many of them are on Briskoda
Feel free to be as frugal or detailed with information as you wish, however I would like, if possible:

Name, Month & year of registration (If you want to put the full reg, it's your truck - your call), when you got it, your milage on it, extras (c/l, r/c/l, e/w, e/w, Truckman, towbar etcetc), mods / customisation.

Cheers guys, let's see how many of us there are

1) RainbowFire, Nov 2000, had it since May 2010, 30,000 miles (out of 80,000), Remote central locking, electric mirrors, removable centre box, Truckman (with glass), rear speakers. Now sold - see below (Storm27)

2) Robk1, March 1999 (T Plate), 0wned 4 years, c 53k covered, Remains pretty much standard running spec minus the tonneau and most of the timber slats. Some graphical replacement/enhancement and a tow bar.

3) mattelly2 april 1999 (T Plate) 73K on the clock. Currently undergoing "restoration" when finished... fresh lick of paint, new wings, raptor roll-on bed liner to replace the wood which had rotten, skoda badges replaced with autobot badges (after all it is a transformer), rear speakers also mounted in back with the helpful advice from RainbowFire. Truckman top with glass also and currently trying to source a tonneau cover.

4) rolo, 1999 T, owned for 2 years, average nick, just fitted new front "half" wings, engine is the hybrid 16v, afh head/1600gti bottom end conversion, on favorit front springs and a6 rears.

5) Jackmx131 - 1999 V Reg. Owned for 4 months so far, 77k on the clock, currently going to be my project, has got truckman top.

6) Fun Pickup - September 1999 V reg, just aquired, probably going to drop a diesel in her, definatley going to respray her, might also keep the original wheels just for show and run some nice larger rims.

7) Alexei Egg - July 2001 and has 47k miles on it. It's got a detachable towbar and electrics; and I've pimped it with some gloss black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 16" wheels which I swap to 15" all-season for winter.

8) dil1986 - dil1986 - 1998 s Reg. Owned for 1 month so far, 69k on the clock. its black not yellow detachable towbar

9) kev1 - November 2001, (EX51 ***) 78k Stock all round, come with a full glass Truckman top, bought it in November 2011 with 55k and 2 previous owners, I got it purely to transport mountain bikes.

10) topiarius - Oct 99 so V. Done 80,000 miles. The mechanics have been gone over and anything needed doing done so now turning attention to any bodywork and interior faults.

11) vilguy - t reg with 105 k miles. starting to get some rust issues 17" white alloys with 205 45 pilto sport 3 tyres. Interior being replaced with alfa romeo seats, in cream leather, rear seat being retrimmed in leather, door cards the ditto. momo steering wheel, gear knob and handbrake cover

12) funfunfun - 1999 T 1.6 that could do with a little TLC. 58,000 on the clock. Seems standard at the moment. Just starting to show its age in a couple of area's. Will be having a Alloy Wheel change shortly.

13) erooney - V reg, 99600 miles roughly.. needs some love , only mods are a nice block of speakers shoved behind the front seats under the bottom fold of the rear seats.

14) korweb1974 - T reg Fun she needs alot of tlc but i hope to sort it all out

15) FerryScoob - 2000 W reg. bought as a project.

16) uma1998 - s reg 1998 lowered, bbs wheels, very rotten

17) M14esp - 2000 x reg fun other than inner arch tubs no rust issues. Got a spring kit 15" g60 wheels, full repaint on the cards. Not sure on colour/colours yet though. No optional extras other than tow bar !

18) keithIOW - 1999 T reg, 89k miles, no electric windows, no air con, no central locking, rear struts all repaired, also doing cam belt, water pump and service, it has got a tow bar, it also has the truck man top with windows

19) Dajwid - 1999 S reg, S300FUN 170k truckman top and towbar other wise original

20) mycoolbeard - 1998 80k, Full respray in blue, Black leather, Wolfrace alloys Lots of custom stainless, Rear cover and removable roof

21) Ste S - 2000 w reg, 27,000 with toneau cover and truckman top

22) Trashtest - 94k, 2000 (W). Soon to be put into a garage to begin restoration.

23) RogersRoadshow - April '99 T reg (second owner since April '00) All original paintwork, all complete leather etc. Only 15,000 miles. Remote central locking, electric windows, triple air horn! Clear matching side repeater lights, colour-coded (darker yellow) eyebrows (above headlights). Centre console compartment. Rear speakers & under-seat mini-sub. Original alloys, all wooden slats complete, roof bars. No rust, no rot. Garaged, dry miles only

24) Storm27 - 2000 X red. 81300 miles, aquired Nov '12 - Remote central locking, electric mirrors, removable centre box, Truckman (with glass), rear speakers.

25) Bobbyturtle - X reg (2000) standard fun, changed wheel bearings,coil pack,battery,windscreen,full service....the list goes on! still needs a lot of cosmetic work but for now she's good for the winter,

26) paul12 - T REG 99 120000 on clock. engines a little worn but seems fine, changed the hydraulic headlight levels to electronic, std wheels

27) SupStacey - W reg (2000) fun, 100k on the clock and counting, Paint is black, bodywork is pretty good, We've owned it for 3 years now with no major issues, driven daily :)

28) Funfan (x728***) oct 2000 165500K on the clock. owned since 2010, work done: new engine, box, clutch, LPG conversion, wishbones, rad, twin fans, stainless 4into1 with 1.9 diesel cat back, starter, throttle-body, sierra 4x4 front calipers/hyundai discs, 35mm front springs, rear brake replaced, 18" wheels fitted, central locking, electric windows/mirrors, nitrous system fitted and welded right rear arch.

29) M14esp - got another one a v reg standard fun with truckman !!

30) TeflonTom - W reg 2000 116k, 16" alloys, Alfa Romeo sports seats, full respray in pearlescent gold (BMW colour I think?), fully colour coded, runs as rough as a bag of old nails at present, soon to be nurtured back to full health

31) ForestRob - T reg with 70000 miles on it, which the documentation seems to confirm.

32) iainstodge - T 1999, 73000 on the clock, I have the truckman top, roof bars and tow bar, brought it home to Portsmouth to give it some much needed TLC.

33) mcapachey - X 2000 ...a bit rusty where the front wings join the body...some of the wood in the back is rotten/missing...has a cracked fog light...

34) whitemarina - S reg 1998 43k - Going for no expense spared ££££ refurb!

35) magicfelly1999 - X reg 2000 , 88k "Nessa" she needs some work but body work is good with little rust on a couple of spots on doors ect, has original truckman top and wheels.

36) Phillo - V reg, 1999, 146k, towbar, Truckman

37) fun pickup - 2001, 49k

38) Bryboi - w reg, 83k, Truckman, tonneau, towbar

39) OxDogg - s reg, Truckman, towbar

40) E4EW - T reg, 173k

41) Grasscutter - T reg, 45k, Truckman

42) Russjw - S reg, 88k

43) Keeper - t reg, 13k, Truckman

44) VmaxGazza- w reg

45) Cyrile - 1998, 47k KMs, Portugal

46) Bill100 - t reg

47) CrazyDom - X reg, 102k

48) dubsidedown - 1999, 92k, Truckman

49) Mickrobo - t reg, 68k, Truckman

50) Wedders - x reg, 81km, Truckman

51) Airhead - v reg

52) marge - 1999 v reg, 85k, Truckman

53) decca48 - no details

54) philpheasant - t reg, 101k

55) BevandJim - 1998, Truckman

56) funboy - Truckman

57) Monkeyboy269 - t reg, Truckman towbar, central locking

Seems that the most popular additions are, Truckman, towbar and rust ;) I do suspect there are very few that are still running the original cassette unit, and even fewer with rear speakers. ;)

I think the 57 owners (for 56 trucks) is not a bad score really, and it's good to know they are still out there and still people who are looking after them: some keeping it original, some making it their own, and some somewhere in-between.

At the time of writing the score is as follows:

Licensed (i.e. taxed): 256

SORN'd: 168

According to HowManyLeft......

One was registered in 2004

One in 2014

and one in 2015

.....one can't help but wonder where those last two have been hiding.

Whilst updates were a rarity, this will be the last update that I shall be making (I like my communities to be communities, not cold, sterile technical forums, like this has become), and indeed this will be the last posting that I'm making within this section of Briskoda.

Any new owners, just copy the list above, add yourself to the end, and slap into a new posting.

Take care Fun Truckers....... :) :)

Edited by RainbowFire
Updating register list

Hi ya Rainbow, guess I better make it two:

2) Robk1, March 1999 (T Plate), 0wned 4 years, c 53k covered, Remains pretty much standard running spec minus the tonneau and most of the timber slats. Some graphical replacement/enhancement and a toe bar.

There are some registers running out there, one being, if still fully active, the Fun Club site - suggesting 200+ registered, one of which will be mine when first purchased back in 2008.

Let's watch them roll in ;)

3) mattelly2 april 1999 (T Plate) 73K on the clock. Currently undergoing "restoration" when finished... fresh lick of paint, new wings, raptor roll-on bed liner to replace the wood which had rotten, skoda badges replaced with autobot badges (after all it is a transformer), rear speakers also mounted in back with the helpful advice from RainbowFire. Truckman top with glass also and currently trying to source a tonneau cover.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mine was registered in July 2001 and has 47k miles on it. It's got a detachable towbar and electrics; and I've pimped it with some gloss black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 16" wheels which I swap to 15" all-season for winter. Bluetooth ICE has been added, and the top of the load area protected with yellow grip tape (my kids' mates love climbing in the back). New battery and timing belt and normal old car maintenance. Summer sees the semi permanent fitment of an outdoor beanbag which can quickly cover the open back seats in the event of a short shower (easier than closing up); and some wakeboards, wetsuits, mountain bikes and even a couple of kids motorbikes complete the "lifestyle" look on occasion. Just looking for CJ to fill the passenger seat...

• 1 month later...

Another one here, Registered November 18th 2001, (EX51 ***) 78k on it now and in good condition all round apart from the rear bumper which needs repairing. Stock all round, come with a full glass Truckman top and load liner. half leather front seats and trim, no fancy electric windows or mirrors.

I bought it in November 2011 with 55k and 2 previous owners, I got it purely to transport mountain bikes. I may of met one of you before in the Forest of Dean,your Truckman top had come detached and smashed to pieces on the way down the motorway!!!

Edited by kev1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new here having just bought a Fun with truckman top with windows. Registered Oct 99 so V. Done 80,000 miles. The mechanics have been gone over and anything needed doing done so now turning attention to any bodywork and interior faults. It is replacing a Caddy pickup. We have 4 kit cars but nothing with 4 seats for conveniently taking the grandchildren.

• 4 weeks later...

on my second fun,

t reg with 105 k miles.

starting to get some rust issues on the body work so being completely resprayed in blue (or grey we arent sue yet!) on 17" white alloys with 205 45 pilto sport 3 tyres.

Interior being replaced with alfa romeo seats, in cream leather, rear seat being retrimmed in leather, door cards the ditto.

momo steering wheel, gear knob and handbrake cover. Basically anything to get rid of the yellow!

varnished beech to replace the rotten and missing rear wood.

Being done up for the mrs as her "retro ride"

Another one to the list.

Mine is a 1999 T 1.6 that could do with a little TLC. 58,000 on the clock. Seems standard at the moment. Just starting to show its age in a couple of area's. Will be having a Alloy Wheel change shortly.

• 3 months later...

here's another, 1.6. V reg, 99600 miles roughly.. needs some love and a kick up the backside. I've done about 8000 miles since January I think. only mods are a nice block of speakers shoved behind the front seats under the bottom fold of the rear seats, and a nice chunk of new metal in the back by the tail gate so I cant see or hear the road anymore :) oh and a truckman- yellow one with windows.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi I've got a 2000 x reg fun other than inner arch tubs no rust issues. Got a spring kit and new 15" g60 wheels ready to go on then its a full repaint on the cards when I can fit it in hopefully before Xmas. Not sure on colour/colours yet though staying yellow just not sure to keep the 2tone or not. No optional extras other than tow bar !

• 2 weeks later...

ok, i know i posted on here about 1 month ago when i got my fun, but now it is on the road,, so here goes

89k miles, no electric windows, no air con, no central locking, when i bought it , it had been parked under some trees for over a year, so it looked green with a hint of yellow, the rear struts needed welding (done for free by a mate who stores his motorbike at my place) needed a rear brake cylinder (fitted by another mate for free who is a mechanic..who also leaves his motorbike here..he is also doing cam belt, water pump and service) the interior was grey with dirt and about half inch of old dog hairs, couple of small holes in rear bumper, it has got a tow bar, it also has the truck man top with windows

this truck cost me £300..................then £150 for wheels, tyres, new wheel nuts and spacers, £45 for interior valet, and about £140 for oil, filters, cam belt, water pump, plugs and brake cylinder

so all in all no more than £650 and some helpfull mates and alot of elbow grease to get it back to yellow

B A R G I N

• 1 month later...

finally got one after looking for over 6 months.

2000 w reg, 27,000 with toneau cover and truckman top. really tidy,just need some wheels,cant live with the 13" im afraid, and lower it.

• Like 1

We've hit 21! Not bad (thanks to Tom for keeping up the register. :)

Just out of interest, does anyone else know their originating dealer? I know 2, mine and Uma's, originally came from Sherlodge. If you've still got the service book, hopefully it should be stamped right at the front.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm the proud owner of a Fun. Registered April '99 T reg (second owner since April '00).

All original paintwork, all complete leather etc. Only 15,000 miles. Remote central locking, electric windows, triple air horn! Clear matching side repeater lights, colour-coded (darker yellow) eyebrows (above headlights). Centre console compartment. Rear speakers & under-seat mini-sub. Original alloys, all wooden slats complete, roof bars. No rust, no rot. Garaged, dry miles only (last few years or so).

Couple of pictures on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25349482@N07/8194422268/in/photolist-du7yfy-eSjJQ8-bMYfng-dZw9e6-bTR63p-7M2EGM-b1fh3z-b1fh14-b1fhaD-b1fgUr-b1fh7T-dhTFTV-fG6cTv-fG6az4-dgDgTE-dgDfET-arkSbT-dUJWhe-8atio5-bqWX7x-a2p4PT-gstvwb-gssi4q-gsrjhE-axmys7-aevc1U-aBi5JM-aBkLeC-f9BaqM-aBiahn-aBi7QX-aBkUij-aBkM89-aBkWwU-aBkNgd-aBkSTy-aBkVTY-aBkNYL-aBi9rr-7Gq6VS-dcLR14-dcLQY8-ePtnS3-dcLQVc-8agMA1-9KCcys-9KzrDP-9KzgJP-9Kz9Hg-9KC4iN-9Kzn32

• Like 1