Fun Truck Register

• 3 months later...

Hi all another Fun addict. T735BHP (original reg with the rivet for the original plates in the right place for 73.5 BHP!) it is like Triggers broom but in cracking fettle overall. All tin worm cut out and replaced with 0.8 corten steel. 173k on the shell lot less on the rest. Four branch polo manifold roof bars and 15" wheels. Highlight of ownership!  Took my mk2 golf to a car show with the wife riding shotgun in the Fun (barely clean) with the kids the stewards made me put the Felicia in as well and got more attention than anything stinking of merguires all day!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

Fun 1999 T 2nd owner purchased Feb 2003 at 13xxx miles and now 33500 miles, Standard spec +full glass truckman top .Bodywork and interior still in very good condition leather seats have been covered since my ownership.

Due to our dog now longer able to jump into the back the milage has been very low the last few years.

I hope this will be added to the Fun register.

• 5 weeks later...

Wrong section i know, but just for the fun owners

If anyone is  looking i have good seats, steering wheel, and wheels available  :)

And i am desperate for a rear bumper, any condition considered

Thanks

Edited by russjw

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cyrile

I have just bought a 98 fun here in Portugal. Only done 47k kms. Body and interior as new. would like to update it with aircon, electric windows remote locking etc. Any suggestions would be welcome,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Heres my old girl. She is a 1999 model with 92K. Had her about a year now as i fancied something left field after the Log Burner got written off. Also to annoy My VW  mates.

Was completely standard when i got her, and quite a bit neglected.  Got a AeroTop (the Severn bridge had a go at it and made it very second hand and a few windows short.) and a hightop commercial Truckman for her.

Still has the wheezy 1.6 AEE at the mo.

Got plenty of hop ups for her too. Make her "Propper FUN". Courtesy of my old TSR Mk1 and my welding torch.

......just trying to work out how to uplad an image... give me a tick...

Edited by dubsidedown

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

1999 S reg, S300FUN 170,000 Miles :o . truckman top and towbar other wise original.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/288837-my-new-toy-fun/

Ahh I thought it might be someone on here selling it on ebay, really want to buy it as the condition looks good versus the price! Unfortunately trying to run two 17yr old pickups at just 17 isn't looking very realistic.... (the insurance isn't such a problem as I expected , 1.6 for a young driver obviously isn't much worse than the 1.3 in their eyes!)

• 2 weeks later...

T plate 68K 1.6 petrol Truckman, original except rubber boots plugs oil blah blah, slats taken out minor rust to bed will be put back and damaged ones resourced, minor rust to wings and one wheel arch, chip to screen grubby steering wheel, hardly any ware anywhere else for year its quite clean runs sweet, found in barn in Norfolk now resides in B93 9** 3 Mot due July. Not for sale defo keeper, love the looks it gets had many people ask what is it? two boys love pozin but younger teen age daughter hoodys up and goes crimson two jack rustles love it.

Don't let any get crushed gang Ill have all the breakers if you have nowhere to store them. good luck all in the fun club. Mike R is a Skoda fun lover  :sun: 

Mycar

Edited by Mickrobo

• 2 weeks later...

had my truck about 18 months now........... and still think it is the MOST practical car i have ever owned....

and it still makes me smile sometimes when i see it

first week on the road

2013-09-01080411_zps23c5525d.jpg

doing it`s job

beer%20truck1_zpsx2c80fsj.jpg

more work

truck%20boiler_zpsvgii5axt.jpg

steam powered ?

truck%20chimney_zps8csrehhq.jpg

day off

truck1%20april%2015_zpsqawwpqp0.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wedders in Cornwall. Bought X reg FF 12 weeks ago. X96***. 81,000 miles. First registered Sept 2000. Two owners from new inc myself. Spent first half of its life in Brighton. Pretty much standard spec, but in good nick. Got Truckman top, and just fitted two new front wings for it. Need two long roof bars for it (Cab to Ring), otherwise very happy with the old girl. Gonna show it at small car shows around Cornwall just for 'Fun'.

• Like 1

The only problem with the long-bars is that you can't use the Truckman and the bars at the same time, unless you cut the Truckman. Personally I'd look for finding a set of short-bars. ;)

• 1 month later...

DSCN1789_zps3a494450_1.jpg

bought my V reg in September 2014 from Norfolk.  I'm in south Lincolnshire.  It's a petrol, 1.6 very reasonable condition for age.  I think it's pretty much original.  Needs some work on a few little rusty bits, haven't found anyone I can trust to do it yet.  It looks like the offside rear wheel arch has had a little scrape and been badly repaired.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Picked up a Fun last week as a company vehicle. T reg with 101K on the clocks.  Needs a little titivating and could do with some replacement Fun specific items, though I understand parts are rare.  First job is brakes and wheels, looking at a 6N2 Polo GTi set up, or a VW2 with vented discs as fitted on my Mk1 Golf GTi. Wheel wise I have several sets of 14s in the shed but would really prefer 15s.

Any advice on the above and possible spares location greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, we have just bought a felicia fun with truckman top and tow bar fitted 1998.  Just joined the forum.  We will be getting the fun MOt'd this week with any luck and be using it as our main run around. Look forward to contact from other members!

Bev and Jim, near Stamford lincs

• Like 2

T plate 68K 1.6 petrol Truckman, original except rubber boots plugs oil blah blah, slats taken out minor rust to bed will be put back and damaged ones resourced, minor rust to wings and one wheel arch, chip to screen grubby steering wheel, hardly any ware anywhere else for year its quite clean runs sweet, found in barn in Norfolk now resides in B93 9** 3 Mot due July. Not for sale defo keeper, love the looks it gets had many people ask what is it? two boys love pozin but younger teen age daughter hoodys up and goes crimson two jack rustles love it.

Don't let any get crushed gang Ill have all the breakers if you have nowhere to store them. good luck all in the fun club. Mike R is a Skoda fun lover  :sun: 

Mycar

have number two sworn feb 2015 runner not to much to get back on streets hoping non driving son will adopt arches need doing and plastic bits bashed up runs fine with little mini service.

• 1 month later...

Skoda Fun Pickup with Truckman top, on the road, daily driver. Needs tidying but will do as weather permits. There is quite a big following for these here on the Isle of Wight! Can anyone give me the dimensions of the cab rear window? I need to get one cut. Thanks.