Dark_Hero's Evil Fabia

Dark_Hero

I've had my car for 2 years now and quite simply it is a brilliant car! I've done a few things to it during this time, some good, some not so good. I thought I'd experiment a little.

Don't have too many pics of when I first got it, but I'm sure you all know what a standard Fabia looks like.

I found a different front grille on Superskoda so thought I'd give it a go. I also found a set of DRL projector lights. Not to everyones taste but I really like them

fabiaa.jpg

Next up I had a go at brightening up the interior. The dash board was rather depressing. Again from Supeskoda I ordered their aluminium look dash kit and got a new double din HU

Image006.jpg

IMG_2398.jpg

The first big mod was getting custom leather from Seat Surgeons. Fantastic quality and something quite unique

April11005-1.jpg

April11001-1.jpg

April11002-1.jpg

April11004-1.jpg

It was then time to get experimental.

I wanted to continue the blue colour theme on the exterior too, so thought I'd change the grille and fog surrounds.

IMG_2365.jpg

IMG_2364.jpg

The plan was to also do the wheels the same colour, but it didn't go down too well so I moved on to a different idea.

Decided to Carbon wrap the grille

July11004.jpg

and get some pasty boy badges

July11001.jpg

By this stage I was getting bored of the green dash lights so decided to change them

July11013.jpg

July11012.jpg

July11014.jpg

Next I decided something a little different and customise the front grilles

059.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

This is how it stayed for a few months while I started saving for more goodies.

After a few months of getting things together I took a trip to Unit 18 for some work to be carried out. Really impressed with how the car turned out. It's really responsive now and pulls like a train.

Got some nice new wheels as my old ones had suffered a bit from the previous owner and kept losing air

IMG_3310.jpg

IMG_3312.jpg

Also got around to finishing my fog surrounds. Half carbon wrapped

IMG_3316.jpg

Decided to have a change in the interior and gloss vinyl wrapped the air vents, which gives it a modern feel

IMG_0157.jpg

Had a good cleaning session while I was at my brothers

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

Here's a quick pic while I was on holiday in Scotland

IMG_0175.jpg

performance wise it's where I want it now, so all that's left is to tidy up the exterior a bit

• Like 1

Here's a few more recent pics.

Got some new mats online which suit the interior a little better

IMG_3751.jpg

Not the best of pics but you can make them out anyway.

Also got a new cigarette lighter socket which matches too

IMG_3747.jpg

Also took part in the recent group buy for black washer and coolant caps which have tidied up the engine bay rather nicely

IMG_3749.jpg

And here's just a couple of pics while I was out for a drive with my brother the other evening

IMG_3732.jpg

IMG_3700.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Looking good dude what power is it running now ?

Not sure what power it's running to be honest. About 215 methinks. Need to get her on a rolling road

What intercooler is that?

It's the Forge Seat Sport Style intercooler.

I got it from DPM performance. http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/forge-motorsport-fmintssibd-seat-sport-style-front-mount-intercooler-kitbr-ibiza-6l-19tdi-pd130-0202-p-8270.html

Was £100 cheaper when I bought it in April though :-S

Little update. Got myself an R32 steering wheel :-)

I've sent it to the Seat Surgeons for a little make over. Should get it back in a couple of weeks I can't wait.

Also ordered a new stubby aerial, to replace the aftermarket sharkfin. Hopefully that will turn up tomorrow so I can get it fitted quickly.

I've also got the weekend to myself so going to remove the side "bump" strips as they don't actually prevent any bumps.

• Like 1

Good luck with the bump strips :) they make a big difference! Love the other updates too :)

Thanks mate. Started on the bump strips tonight. Got all of them off ok and started to de-stick the doors. Got half of the front passenger door done but got too dark. Will finish up tomorrow :-)

Well I finished removing the bump strips and all the adhesive goo. Was a right pain and took hours! But looks much nicer Will give it a good clean tomorrow if it stays dry.

I also fitted a new aerial. Will get piccies when I can