I can confirm......

Llanigraham

that the number plate light bulbs are included in the "bulb failure" system.

The yellow icon came on during the drive to work this morning.

Better check my box of bulbs to see if I've got a spare.

Yes unfortunately this is true. I concur with my esteemed Welsh colleague.

I know because I tried to fit LED bulbs to the number plate a while back.

Even though these bulbs can be used on other Skoda models successfully, it doesn't work on the Yeti! :wonder:

Pity, as I do like a nice shiny rear :giggle:

And as I found out today, you need a very tiny Torx head to undo the screws that hold the light in, and my set doesn't go down that small!!! :think: :@

Isn't there a small torx 'thing' in the toolkit, it's popped into the polystyrene alongside the hook for removing the wheel nut covers and the locking wheel nut key ?

There is supposed to be, but as my car wasn't new when I got it, it seems to have disappeared. :think:

It's an excuse for me to buy a nice Torx set!! :giggle:

Saw (in fact I bought) a nice little set in Aldi earlier this week - had lots of minature torx and other bits, together with a magnifying glass, I think it is mainly designed for mending specs, but useful all the same.

There is supposed to be, but as my car wasn't new when I got it, it seems to have disappeared. :think:

It's an excuse for me to buy a nice Torx set!! :giggle:

Graham, I was told a Torx 15 when I needed access to my bulbs but it turned out to be a 10. So it seems that some have 15 screws and some 10!

The tool supplied with my Yeti was not a Torx, just a bright plated piece of wire with a loop for a handle and a flattened end like a slotted screw driver.

I got a

Isn't they bit of shiny wire for getting the plastic caps off the wheel nuts?

That's what I used it for!!!

The one with a small right angled hook on the end is for getting the centre caps off, I got one of those as well

The shiny wire is for removing the plastic wheel trims and/or alloy wheel centre caps (where fitted) .

The black plastic 'U' shaped tool is for removing the wheel nut caps.

I'll have to have a look for that one! :think:

Graham, I was told a Torx 15 when I needed access to my bulbs but it turned out to be a 10. So it seems that some have 15 screws and some 10!

I can confirm that the 'Aldi' kit includes T5,T6,T7,T8,T9,T10 & T15 as well as 21 other bits - It's called a '36 piece Mechanical Tool set'

The one in the car kit is a right angled piece of metal with what looks like a T15 on one end and a flat blade on the other.this is in addition to the plastic tweezers, lopped hook thing, jack, wheel brace, wheel nut key and towing eye

• 5 months later...

http://www.autoledsh...ex1.php?cid=666

These will solve 'Bulb Out' warnings for rear number plate LED's on the Yeti :thumbup:

I can confirm these LEDs are a straight bulb replacement for rear number plate lamps, without additional resistors or CANBUS error for Yetis with build week up to 14/05/2012. (The lamp fitting altered thereafter from 6Y0 943 021 E to 8T0 943 021.)

http://www.hids-dire...i-bmw-mercedes/

:rock:

• Like 1

I can confirm these LEDs are a straight bulb replacement for rear number plate lamps, without additional resistors or CANBUS error for Yetis with build week up to 14/05/2012. (The lamp fitting altered thereafter from 6Y0 943 021 E to 8T0 943 021.)

Thanks Arkaig. Do they produce a pure white light or a one with a bluish tinge?

Unfortunately, posted too soon. After half an hour, the blessed CANBUS error light has appeared in the dash. Drat, back to square one!

Thanks Arkaig. Do they produce a pure white light or a one with a bluish tinge?

It is a pure white light, but see above - they're not CANBUS error-free.

Sorry :peek:

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, posted too soon. After half an hour, the blessed CANBUS error light has appeared in the dash. Drat, back to square one!

It is a pure white light, but see above - they're not CANBUS error-free.

Sorry :peek:

However having struggled with trying to fit various "guaranteed CAN-Bus error-free" LEDs to my rear number plate bulbs, without having to fit resistors, and without a dash "bulb failure" message appearing on the CAN-Bus system. I can confirm there is within VCDS a facility to enable the following Bit 7 which turns off the licence plate monitoring so that LEDs can be used:

ScreenShot2012-10-26at164108.png

Having had the VCDS change done today by Domhnall, I can confirm I now have LEDs in the rear number plate without the blessed CAN-Bus bulb failure symbol appearing, and without having to fit resistors. Take a look on your Yeti and it may also work - the Byte and Bit may be different, so just scan through 09 until you come across the description.

My thanks to Gizmo68 and Domhnall for their VCDS guidance and assistance.

• 2 years later...

I have a 2013 Yeti , one of the licence plate bulbs has blown 

How do I remove the bulb , according to the manual  page 230 it says it can be removed using a flat screwdriver . What direction and how much force is required, I can not get it to move did not want to apply too much force for fear of damaging the unit

Thanks for any help is appreciated