I can confirm......

Llanigraham

Insert the screw driver in the flat slot and then slide the whole light unit away from the side the screw driver was inserted. (IIRC this means it is slid towards the drivers side)

It will then pop out of the tailgate.

I have a 2013 Yeti , one of the licence plate bulbs has blown 

How do I remove the bulb ,

I have just removed and replaced my offside licence lamp unit.

Pushed it to the left then with finger nails behind lift the right side out a bit then move lamp to the right and remove the left side and wiggle it out as the connection is on the right.

Replace is a reverse of this.

The above photos are the closest fitting I could find without going outside (monsoon weather here at the moment!) the bulbs inside are indeed W5W bulbs, the F/L can also take LED’s once the errors warning has been turned off with VCDS. 

photo4_zpsedaf0ed6.jpg

Thanks, that shows the spring clip clearer than the photo I put up (which are sealed LED units)

You can see them here with the rear trim removed (removed to fit a rear drive recorder)... but the fixing clips are hard to make out which is why I posted the previous photo.

photo2_zps9a651402.jpg

Actually they need to be slid towards the passenger side.

(I have removed my post with the previous photo and your post so it doesn’t confuse anyone)

Hi guys

Thanks for that, following instructions given I was able to replace the bulb, although using as big a flat bladed screwdriver I could get into the slot it took as much force I could apply to slide the bulb unit over  enough to remove

I was considering getting Halfords to fit it  so a Fiver saved

Thanks again