< Wing mirror indicator needs replacing >

I have a 07 vrs octavia and i have to replace the indicator bulb in the wing mirror on te driver side...just to be clear i have to take out the mirror and thats it coz someone told me i haveta take off the entire cap!! cheer ppl!

You will need a compleate lamp as they are LED'S ,you remove the mirror glass and mirror motor and there two torx screws and the unit unclips .

this is what you will need I just had to do both as they went realy dim and failed MOT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-SKODA-VW-LEFT-HAND-MIRROR-INDICATOR-LAMP-LIGHT-1Z0949101C-/380401388320?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%

Only just did this job on my 58 Vrs.

Tilt mirror all the way down, fingers in and it popped off, pull apart the two contacts for the heated bit and don't drop it...

One T15 Torx (I think) to remove then you can carefully lever off the casing, there's a latch in the forward edge, but all I did was gently get my finger nails under and ease upwards. Some finger pain for about a week but it went away. :giggle:

You can then access the two T10 Torx screws from the top, with a long (6") torx driver. Take the screws out and the whole unit comes away, release the connector and unplug.

I was nervous about removing the mirror, but it was easy!

All in all, no breakages, some pain... Good Job! :thumbup:

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

ive got a 2005 elegance 140 and my nearside mirror indicator bulbs gone. do you have to get that whole new unit and not just buy a new bulb?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

just called skoda for this part.... £46! defintily get one from ebay. how can they be selling them for twice the price and vice versa how can someone be selling them for half the price on ebay?

Be careful. The dearer one includes the puddle lamp for the higher spec cars. Mine with a puddle lamp recently cost £40, the cheaper prices are possibly for without a puddle lamp. The part number is 1z0 949 101, suffixed with a c without puddle lamp and a d with puddle lamp.

Hope that helps

Adam

yeah thanks that does help. i have puddle lights... ffs lol looks like i need the £40 one. the puddle lamp still works its just the indicator that doesnt.

the guy i spoke to on the phone said they may be able to replace the bulbs but from whats been said on here i think thats obviously not going to be possible. £40 spend here i come :)

thanks for the help

For reference to original post, the part number should end in 102 not 101 if it is the driver side.

Dryden: same happened to me. I was lucky one of the two leds still worked on mine and made a few quid back by selling it is as part working on eBay.

• 4 weeks later...

Only just did this job on my 58 Vrs.

Tilt mirror all the way down, fingers in and it popped off, pull apart the two contacts for the heated bit and don't drop it...

One T15 Torx (I think) to remove then you can carefully lever off the casing, there's a latch in the forward edge, but all I did was gently get my finger nails under and ease upwards. Some finger pain for about a week but it went away. :giggle:

You can then access the two T10 Torx screws from the top, with a long (6") torx driver. Take the screws out and the whole unit comes away, release the connector and unplug.

I was nervous about removing the mirror, but it was easy!

All in all, no breakages, some pain... Good Job! :thumbup:

from the attached pictures could you give me some guidance. is this the same as your one that you have done?

you can see how far i got to replacing the wing mirror indicater/puddle lamp form the pictures attached. i dont have a T10 alan key to remove those last 3 screws (if they are the last piece to the puzzle). do you have to remove them to get the lamp out?

Also after reconnecting everything together again i tested my wing mirror adjuster and now, if i adjust the off side mirror the nearside mirror moves at the same time but in the opposite direction. the near side mirror (the one i slightly dissasembled) still adjusts independantly. WTF!? i am pretty sure they both moved independently before. all i did was disconnect the heating. i left everything else plugged in as there was no need to unplug the cables going into the motor/motor housing.

post-49050-0-79277600-1377695643_thumb.jpg

post-49050-0-53124600-1377695644_thumb.jpg

post-49050-0-95791300-1377695644_thumb.jpg

post-49050-0-60441400-1377695645_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

from the attached pictures could you give me some guidance. is this the same as your one that you have done?

you can see how far i got to replacing the wing mirror indicater/puddle lamp form the pictures attached. i dont have a T10 alan key to remove those last 3 screws (if they are the last piece to the puzzle). do you have to remove them to get the lamp out?

Also after reconnecting everything together again i tested my wing mirror adjuster and now, if i adjust the off side mirror the nearside mirror moves at the same time but in the opposite direction. the near side mirror (the one i slightly dissasembled) still adjusts independantly. WTF!? i am pretty sure they both moved independently before. all i did was disconnect the heating. i left everything else plugged in as there was no need to unplug the cables going into the motor/motor housing.

Yeah I see where you are at.

I didn't remove the motor. I did remove the casing (beware the finger pain...) then worked with a T10 torx screwdriver from the top to get the base off including the indicator. IIRC the casing and the indicator locate together so you may need to take the casing off first.

Does that help?

But unfortunately I don't think you can buy a cheaper replacement for just the indicator unit with say a cut out for the puddle lamp, so the cost is 40 quid once the indicator goes regardless.

Adam

• 2 months later...

My led turn signal are dead!! LOL

Let me see if I undertand...There are one bulb on the mirror that light when the door it's open, and there are the led turn signals.

To exchange the led turn signals on the side mirror, i need to buy that plastic under piece? that comes with the led incorporated?

• 4 months later...

the light is the puddle light and the indicator and it all one unit. you can change the bulb but not the led's. cant remember if the bulb is for the puddle light or indicator though. Also i had to get an adapter lead for an extra £10 as the new light part has a different female port then the old parts. i have a 2005 model. hope that helps

Edited by 140PD

• 2 months later...

mine just failed the MOT on the drivers mirror indicator not working its strange as it was working yesterday! tried to charge me £30 to replace at skoda plus £24 for the part told them to do one and now wish i hadnt as i just broke the mirror unit itself as i was a bit heavy handed wish i had looked on here before as im use to just popping off the cover without the glas having to come out i left the glass in GUTTED is an understatemen

Quote [Also after reconnecting everything together again i tested my wing mirror adjuster and now, if i adjust the off side mirror the nearside mirror moves at the same time but in the opposite direction]

Mine does exactly the same thing, and has done ever since I bought the car!

Anyone know why and how to cure it?!!

Its deliberate! There is a setting in maxidot to adjust both mirrors at the same time or individually. You have it set to the former by the sounds of it...

As Adam says, that's by design. Set the driver's side first, then the passenger side.

If you have MaxiDot, you can disable it in there, or it can be done with VCDS.

Also, you don't have to remove the motor to replace the indicator unit. Remove glass, and with the old "gently but firmly" grip, pull the coloured surround upwards, it should pop off and give straight access to the torx-screws. If you've installed an LED in the puddle light, don't forget to change that over too.

Can't claim this as original advice as I found the info in a thread here at the time, but it isn't necessary to remove the glass to take the mirror cover off.

Tilting the glass as far down as it will go gives sufficient clearance to lift the unclipped cover over the top (angling it forwards). I had to do this to replace a failed indicator unit on the drivers side and then again some time later to replace puddle lights on both sides with LED's.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Successfully replaced my wing mirror indicator unit today on a Skoda Octavia MkII  2012.

Useful advice here on this topic !

My part No was SKODA RIGHT HAND MIRROR INDICATOR LAMP LIGHT 3T0949102

£20 on ebay .

I found I could not remove the mirror plate (very cold weather )

Used a hot air gun to warm carefully behind fitted mirror  and it came off very easily ! 

The mirrors do operate as you have described. I've had mine for 10 years and it did it from new!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk