Yeti news from the Paris Motor show (L&K on the way!)

RapidRonnie

As usual not sure which bits will make it to the UK, but here it goes:

An especially high-end variant of the ŠKODA Yeti will be marketed from November

2012: the Yeti Laurin & Klement. Laurin & Klement stands for company founders Laurin

and Klement. The business bearing their names, founded in 1895, later merged with

ŠKODA. After the ŠKODA Octavia and Superb, the Yeti is the third ŠKODA to feature

Laurin & Klement trim. The car’s appearance is luxurious thanks to 17-inch Annapurna

alloy wheels, bi-xenon headlights with curve-light function, an automatically dimming

driver-side mirror, SunSet and a silver roof railing. On the outside, lettering on both

front fenders marks out the car’s Laurin & Klement trim.

All of ŠKODA’s current metallic paints and white are available. The interior trim also

leaves hardly a wish unfilled. Black leather seats with silver seams and embossed Laurin

& Klement lettering, leather-covered three-spoke multifunction steering wheel, shift lever

and handbrake grip with silver seams, piano lacquer or wood décor strips with Laurin &

Klement logo, front door sills with Laurin & Klement logo, textile floor mats with silver

borders, Bolero radio, netting programme – it’s all on board the ŠKODA Yeti Laurin &

Klement.

Also in ŠKODA’s programme from November 2012 will be the ŠKODA Yeti Adventure

special model. Numerous features such as seat covers with a silver trace design or the

Reef exterior package imbue the car with a whiff of adventure.

An interesting new safety feature for the ŠKODA Yeti is the optional fatigue recognition.

The system analyses the driver’s steering behaviour to determine his concentration and

trigger an alert via the instrument display if necessary. In addition, the Columbus

navigation system has been updated, one benefit being digital radio reception capability.

Finally, the new shift lever generation will be available in the Yeti from November 2012.

Edited by OctaviaT81

That spec looks just like the elegance, but with a few colour changes...Doesn't appear to be a step up that i can see.

Well it would be hard to beat the Elegance standard spec, thats possibly why the L&K has not turned up till now. Maybe they might downgrade the Elegance spec so there is a larger delta in the specs between versions. VAG have been reducing some standard equipment in some models but so far to my knowledge the Yeti has so far escaped a significant trim (well, she'd get cold as winters on the way)

Well it would be hard to beat the Elegance standard spec, thats possibly why the L&K has not turned up till now. Maybe they might downgrade the Elegance spec so there is a larger delta in the specs between versions. VAG have been reducing some standard equipment in some models but so far to my knowledge the Yeti has so far escaped a significant trim (well, she'd get cold as winters on the way)

Theres been interior trim pieces and underbonnet bits dissapearing as well as main suspension material/design changes going on but I thought VW stated there would be no more luxury Skoda models in the future with leather etc? I bet the seats on the L&K will be plusher perhaps?

Interesting, so what has gone missing from the Elegance spec wise?.

I understand that the suspension has changed along with other components, probably due to cost reduction and dual component sourcing with little change in functionality. All manufacturers do this. I didn't know VW were planning stopping Skoda offering leather as standard but would have thought that it would still be available as an (expensive) option.

Laurin & Klement stands for company founders Laurin and Klement.

Well, knock me down with a feather. And presumably 'The party of the first part shall be known in this contract as the party of the first part'. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_ALYkBIF-4

Finally, the new shift lever generation will be available in the Yeti from November 2012.

I guess the reality here is almost certainly much more boring than it could be, ie the gear knob has a silver outline rather than 170 DSG?

Interesting, so what has gone missing from the Elegance spec wise?.

Ive spotted underbonnet bits going missing on later builds, recent test driven ones didnt have the plastic battery casing in place for example, they just had some spongey material surrounding the outside, carpet missing from the side panels of the boot, plastic bits missing underneath also. I think they were all Elegance spec ones too that I noticed them on so it isnt a case of leaving the flagship one unchanged. :(

Ive spotted underbonnet bits going missing on later builds, recent test driven ones didnt have the plastic battery casing in place for example, they just had some spongey material surrounding the outside, carpet missing from the side panels of the boot, plastic bits missing underneath also. I think they were all Elegance spec ones too that I noticed them on so it isnt a case of leaving the flagship one unchanged. :(

Thanks for the info, Jana has undergone the weight loss program, odd that they would loose the rear carpet side trim from the boot although the battery liner isn't a big deal as long as it works but I guess it could age compared to the plastic one. I've no idea what bits are missing from underneath as Jana has yet(i) to run over me.

As usual not sure which bits will make it to the UK, but here it goes:

An especially high-end variant of the ŠKODA Yeti will be marketed from November

2012: the Yeti Laurin & Klement. Laurin & Klement stands for company founders Laurin

and Klement. The business bearing their names, founded in 1895, later merged with

ŠKODA. After the ŠKODA Octavia and Superb, the Yeti is the third ŠKODA to feature

Laurin & Klement trim. The car’s appearance is luxurious thanks to 17-inch Annapurna

alloy wheels, bi-xenon headlights with curve-light function, an automatically dimming

driver-side mirror, SunSet and a silver roof railing. On the outside, lettering on both

front fenders marks out the car’s Laurin & Klement trim.

All of ŠKODA’s current metallic paints and white are available. The interior trim also

leaves hardly a wish unfilled. Black leather seats with silver seams and embossed Laurin

& Klement lettering, leather-covered three-spoke multifunction steering wheel, shift lever

and handbrake grip with silver seams, piano lacquer or wood décor strips with Laurin &

Klement logo, front door sills with Laurin & Klement logo, textile floor mats with silver

borders, Bolero radio, netting programme – it’s all on board the ŠKODA Yeti Laurin &

Klement.

Also in ŠKODA’s programme from November 2012 will be the ŠKODA Yeti Adventure

special model. Numerous features such as seat covers with a silver trace design or the

Reef exterior package imbue the car with a whiff of adventure.

An interesting new safety feature for the ŠKODA Yeti is the optional fatigue recognition.

The system analyses the driver’s steering behaviour to determine his concentration and

trigger an alert via the instrument display if necessary. In addition, the Columbus

navigation system has been updated, one benefit being digital radio reception capability.

Looks good, like the sunroof idea. LOL

IMG_2459.jpg

• 2 weeks later...