17705 fault code sticky

• 3 weeks later...

Good info indeed. I'm dealing with this problem for about six months. Tuesday i'm going to a mechanic and hopefully he'll figure it out... A good 1.8T mechanic is hard to find here.

My car is stock.

-I've replaced the DV with a stock one a year ago (however it could be broken again), i will recheck.

-I changed N75

-I have Forge boost hoses and breather y pipe. (will also change Tuesday the S shaped hose under the inlet manifold)

-I did a boost leak test and everything was ok... I will do it again.

-I cleaned throttle body and performed tba but didn't change the gasket as it was in good condition.

What is the smoke test on boost pipework?

Also can this fault appear from SAI not working correctly?

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

nice one, i will be removing my throttlebody this week and cleaning as i reckon at 105,000 she will need it..

plus judging by the amount of stuff ive had to put right from the last owner/owners,,, i dont think somehow they were capable of doing this.!!

I had this error code and changed a load of sensors etc and turned out it was a dodgy remap that was causing it. Got the car remapped by RTech and the code has not came back and the car is running great now.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Great post. I've posted recently with an occasional low boost/limp mode and this code. Replaced the DV and pipework looks good. To be honest its intermittent and the car seems to reset when I 'turn it off and on again', so I'm now leaning towards a software issue. Cars only done 70k and in good health. Don't know if the car did it before remap as I had it done soon after I got it. However the mapper did a scan to check cars health beforehand and this code did not show - coincidence?

• ColinD unpinned this topic