Amunsden Plus Bluetooth and Microphone install "How to"

Welsh_kai_boy

• 2 months later...

Welsh_kai_boy, could you please provide an external link to the photos illustrating  this invaluable post as the original images are no longer embedded.. I have a 2014 Roomster with RNS315 and Bluetooth now activated, but callers cannot hear me so presumably no mic. Would really like to see your pictures if possible.. thank you 

• 2 months later...

Appreciate resurrecting a very old thread! 

Has anyone recently purchased the required cable for this.? Car systems want payment by bank transfer and I would prefer to pay by ccard 

Grateful for any suggestions or alternative sources

• 4 weeks later...

Just purchased a vrs blackline.

Does anyone know where I could get the Bluetooth turned on and a microphone fitted in the Liverpool area?

Many thanks.

I purchased this one a couple of weeks ago - not yet got around to trying to fit so cannot guarantee it's the right one. 

Ebay item no - 253595899083

Glad you guys have made progress on enabling bluetooth functionality - I've struggled to find anyone locally in the Midlands that responds :(

25 minutes ago, Mallard said:

I order this on Sunday night, not arrived yet so cannot confirm it fits yet.

ebay no. 192541985096

Looks the same as the one I've bought. 

Edited by Stone1
Wrong info

A few pointers for others to avoid taking 90 minutes to do this. The OPs guide is very good, this is just my short comings.

My first mistake was not having a short Torx screw driver. Just a long one and Torx bits.

This made removing the top three screws from glove box rather differently. I ended up with a Torx bit clamped in mole grips, making the process of removing the glove box screws very slow. I also wasted a good 10-15 minutes trying to feed the cable behind the glove box without removing it (don’t waste your time trying this).

i found that there were actually 6 rather than 5 screws. Once all removed you can drop the glove box down (I didn’t actually need to removed the glove box light or the air con pipe) and thread the cable through.

I found inserting the microphone into the trim very fiddle. Took a very long time. No great tip here. Was just a pain.

My final struggle was in getting the green connector into the existing connecting block at the head unit end. It turns out that on the cable I purchased the outer green connector had to be liberated with a Stanley knife from the inner black connector before it would fit into the connection in the car.

One thing I’m glad I did was buying a set of plastic trim removal tools. This made trim removal easy and there were no breakages.

Hope this is of use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Rear of unit, only available port is the big one with 26 pins.

Or does it go into the quadlock thingy that is round the corner near glovebox ?

That has 2 ports where it would fit. If so which one and which way round ??

Thanks.

20200615_141118.jpg

20200615_141410.jpg

Thanks, well that narrows it down.

But the green connector dosent quite fit and when you remove it then it will fit in either one and either way lol.

Spose the way the green one nearly goes should show the way.

Cheers

• 1 year later...