Amunsden Plus Bluetooth and Microphone install "How to"

Welsh_kai_boy

Wasn't aimed at you personnaly Tech1e, was meaning more the Sales Department don't know what you can/cannot activate on the car or what the car actually comes with as standard

That I would agree with. I tend to help our sales dept quite often on issues like this. Yet they are the ones who get to go on the new technology courses.

And I am in Worcester as per profile. :)

That I would agree with. I tend to help our sales dept quite often on issues like this. Yet they are the ones who get to go on the new technology courses.

And I am in Worcester as per profile. :)

Sorry bud, was on tapatalk first thing this morn.

• Like 1

On another thread it has been said that the dealer software couldn't do it.

Picked up mine today & the dealer said that he had enabled the tick box but he was under the impression that it still wouldn't work when I get a mike as there was no conrol box fitted (usually under the seat). If it does he has asked that I let him know so he can pass it on ( no doubt at a fee )

My dealer said he wouldn't do it, not couldn't. Said that they only do that kind of thing with authority from skoda for warrant work etc. blah blah whatever...Hope to get a nice local member with vcds etc to sort if for me soon...

My dealer said he wouldn't do it, not couldn't. Said that they only do that kind of thing with authority from skoda for warrant work etc. blah blah whatever...Hope to get a nice local member with vcds etc to sort if for me soon...

What is the point of Dealers saying they wouldn't do it. What's the point of having it in the first place then

How will this affect the Warranty. Ask the dealer to send it back to the factory so they can do it

Picked up mine today & the dealer said that he had enabled the tick box but he was under the impression that it still wouldn't work when I get a mike as there was no conrol box fitted (usually under the seat). If it does he has asked that I let him know so he can pass it on ( no doubt at a fee )

As said the control unit under the seat is for GSM operation. The OP has activated is and used it successfully.

someone on the 'when does my blackline arrive?' thread said they had a company near Southampton who could enable the BT via the VCDS for a very reasonable 30 quid - if I can find the link I will post it up...

Anyone know any other companies in the south who could do this?

That someone was me :blush:

Not that i have taken mine to the garage yet as my Blackline has not arrived yet......

Garage is IGS in Eastleigh

http://www.independentgarageservices.co.uk/contact.php

• Like 1

It's true to some point. We are not as dealers supposed to carry out any modification that doesn't use a type approved method or kit from Skoda.

Again, not having a go. What is the point of things supplied by the factory that cannot be activated at the dealers?

With the Internet etc etc why not give you chaps the ability to do things

A rather nice chap on this forum, who has VCDS has agreed to enable mine tomorrow. Once thats done and I can pair my phone I will order the mic.

Would the dealer fit my mic? or will be a modification they would not do? If not I will need a willing person to help me fit it :happy:

Booble the guide is spot on, give it a go mate.

And you don't have to remove the pillar. I prised the seal away and just poked the wire in

All working? Glad you found the guide helpful.

I find it crazy that a tool that helps to be legal is disabled and then the literature tells you you need certain items fitted for it to be functional.

• Like 1

My dealer said they had enabled the Bluetooth during the PDI by unticking the box but Phone does not appear on the main menu in Maxidot & all the phone button does is mute the sound. Have they not done it correctly or am I just being a bit stupid & missing the obvious

Thanks

My dealer said they had enabled the Bluetooth during the PDI by unticking the box but Phone does not appear on the main menu in Maxidot & all the phone button does is mute the sound. Have they not done it correctly or am I just being a bit stupid & missing the obvious

Thanks

Look under the drivers seat, there should be a box that is the bluetooth module, no box no bluetooth.

I have phone on the radio and steering wheel buttons but no box

Look under the drivers seat, there should be a box that is the bluetooth module, no box no bluetooth.

I have phone on the radio and steering wheel buttons but no box

Confused now. Several people on here seem to have it working with with no box.

Not sure about factory fit but aftermarket, some bt boxes are fitted under the passenger seat, while some are behind the climate unit or in behind the glove box. I fitted mine under the passenger seat, it was much easier to route it there than under the drivers seat.

Adam

Not sure about factory fit but aftermarket, some bt boxes are fitted under the passenger seat, while some are behind the climate unit or in behind the glove box. I fitted mine under the passenger seat, it was much easier to route it there than under the drivers seat.

Adam

Think all factory fit ones are under the seat, the carpet is cut ready for the wires wether you have a box or not