Tyre types delivered on Citigo

andy0681

interesting response. Personally as tyres are pretty cheap on the citigo I wouldn't be too worried. I would expect premium tyres on my new car though. I had cheap ditch finders on my Audi before replacing them with Uniroyal rainsports, and the difference in handling is night and day.

I think Nexxen will catch up with other manufacturers and looking at reviews they seem ok, I would be ****ed seeing them on my new car though!

Customer already have possibility to buy tyres he likes, after receiving the car. Most of the customers doesn't care too much about tyres. So how it would sound, if dealer offers more expensive tyres as additional extra? Customer would probably choose another car brand.

Hi

I picked up my CITIgo se last night with steel wheels and it had Falken tyres, next to it was an elegance also being picked up almost consequitive number plates and that had continentals on alloys

So looks like 14" get falkens and 15" contis

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

im not really sure the make (I will check) but my greentech came with Continentals, which I assume isnt a bad thing

contipremiumcontact 2

Not sure if that is good or bad though

• 2 weeks later...

My wife has just taken delivery of new Citigo SE.  We were surpised to find it fitted with summer rated (it snowed in Scotland overnight) Falken Sincera SN831A tyres rather than a premium all year brand like those fitted to all of the other Citigos in the dealership. 

I have never heard of Falken tyres.  Does anyone know if this brand is any good - wet road stopping, longevity? 

Also, why would Skoda choose, other than the rather obvious answer - to be cheapskate, to supply non-premium tyres?

When asked about this, the supplying dealer said that he had never heard of Falken tyres and suggested I buy another set of tyres for the car.  And with that response, he lost a sale for a new Octavia Elegance estate, which I had planned to order in the next couple of weeks.

My Citigo had the same tyres when I picked it up two years ago. The fronts did 16000 miles and the rears are stil on the car at 19600. I'll tell you what they are shipping now when I have a look at my new pre-pdi Citigo SE this afternoon.

"Also, why would Skoda choose, other than the rather obvious answer - to be cheapskate, to supply non-premium tyres?"

Although not perhaps as well known in the UK, I thought Falken were a pretty premium brand - I know they are known for doing high performance oriented stuff...

"Also, why would Skoda choose, other than the rather obvious answer - to be cheapskate, to supply non-premium tyres?"

Although not perhaps as well known in the UK, I thought Falken were a pretty premium brand - I know they are known for doing high performance oriented stuff...

My Fabia vRS had Falkens fitted when we bought it (second-hand); they were utter rubbish and lasted about 8000 miles, gave **** all grip and a rock hard ride.

• Like 1

My Citigo had the same tyres when I picked it up two years ago. The fronts did 16000 miles and the rears are stil on the car at 19600. I'll tell you what they are shipping now when I have a look at my new pre-pdi Citigo SE this afternoon.

The tyres on the new car are Hankook Kinergy Eco.

• 4 weeks later...

MrsVivs Citigo Elegance came with Continental ContiPremium Contact 2e.

For whatever reason, at 19k, the fronts are a bit low and I might swap front to back or get a pair of new ones and also get the tracking checked. However, 2e have a grip and fuel rating of C,E. Conti 5 have a rating of A,C. Michelin Energy + are better than 2e as well.

So, regardless of what came with the new car, what will you put on next and why please? I'm seriously looking at the Michelin's.

• 5 weeks later...

Just checked the tyres on my 75BHP Elegance (collected earlier this week)& they are Contipremium Contact 2E(E stands for Economy???) but so far (only done around 225 miles, they seem to be fine: very quiet, grip OK etc etc.

• 4 weeks later...

My 2013 'Sport has Conti Premium Contact 2s - On the Serpens 16" wheels.

Car grips like **** to a blanket, however fuel economy suffers.. I can never crack over 48mpg tank-tank.

My 2013 'Sport has Conti Premium Contact 2s - On the Serpens 16" wheels.

Car grips like **** to a blanket, however fuel economy suffers.. I can never crack over 48mpg tank-tank.

I bet if you slowed your acceleration down, and knocked a little off your top speed and then used the grip to hold your speed round the twisties you'd easily crack  it.  I've learnt to drop back from some cars before a set of bends, knowing i'll be able to carry more speed though them so ultimately have to slow less and obviously have less speed to make up but still in the same place on the road, if that makes sense.

MrsVivs Citigo Elegance came with Continental ContiPremium Contact 2e.

For whatever reason, at 19k, the fronts are a bit low and I might swap front to back or get a pair of new ones and also get the tracking checked. However, 2e have a grip and fuel rating of C,E. Conti 5 have a rating of A,C. Michelin Energy + are better than 2e as well.

So, regardless of what came with the new car, what will you put on next and why please? I'm seriously looking at the Michelin's.

In the end we went for a pair of Conti 5s, which are no worse than the 2s that came off, but I think they're a touch better in the wet.

My lad has just put his deposit down on a 2016 Monte Carlo, with the square-bottomed steering wheel, and that is on 15" Conti 2s.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

A quick update on my June '15 Post. Having read a goodly number of reviews of the tyres fitted to Citigo's, I thought that I could do much, much better than keeping the factory-fitted Continental 2 E's (born out by the fact that Conti didn't obviously have much faith in them & have progressively replaced the 2 E's, with their 3, then a 4, & are currently now trotting out their Mark V1) so bit the bullet (& shelled out a goodly few shekels) & replaced them at 4.5k with Goodyear Vector, 4 Seasons, Generation 2 tyres, and what a good decision that turned out to be. I find the Goodyear's to be a lovely confidence-giving tyre, so don't regret having to sell my daughter into white slavery, to fund the purchase.

I wonder what tyres are now being fitted to Citigo's?

I wonder what tyres are now being fitted to Citigo's?

I'm picking mine up from the showroom on Saturday morning, so once my excitement calm's down, I'll add what mine comes with to the list.