1K0963235F activation code for CBBB engine ECU

YuryG

Hello everyone,

I recently installed myself a "dumb" PTC heater (1K0963235F) using the original schematics for my car (i.e. through 2 relays, connected to Engine's ECU).

I think PTC's presence must be somehow activated (my best guess is a 5-digit code for Coding II, like cruise-control (de)activation codes).

Does anyone know the right code for my engine to activate the PTC (1K0963235F, factory option code PR-7E6).

Edited by YuryG

You might find this is one of the few factory only options that can't be retrofitted to cars with CBBB, CLJA or CFFB engines. It depends on the ECU software version and the firmware in the climatronic unit.

There are two ways to add a PTC heater...

'F' version - A bare heater element and two relays controlled by the ECU.

'E' version - A intelligent heater with integrated CAN-Bus controlled regulator/switch

Initially this option wasn't actually available for these engines, as one the ECU outputs that usually drive the relays was used for something else. A later version, used a different ECU output and required a change to the ECU software.

I saw an early Superb II with this factory fitted option, where the Climatronic had failed. After replacing the Climatronic, the PTC didn't work. It required factory assistance to get it to work. My understanding is that the Climatronic firmware was updated so that it requested additional heat via the ECU instead of talking to the J604 via CAN-Bus.

I know of one person who has successfully used the 'E' version, despite in not showing in the schematics for the Superb II. It appears the climatronic in his car is set up to talk to the J604 (7D).

You may do better talking to an Estonian dealer.

rwbaldwin, thanks for information.

I used ELSA to get correct schematics. The wiring IS different for CBBB, CLJA or CFFB engines (pin 27 instead of pin 70 for low-heat relay).

I actually called local Skoda dealer today and they said they can reprogram electronics for approx. 42 euros.

Now I am looking for cheaper options, because I bought the whole needed hardware for approx 90EUR.

They are expecting my version (using original schematics and 2 relays).

I guess, if I would have used the E version, it would work almost out of the box (only register it in the gateway)...

Try adding 2048 to the climatronic coding.

Thanks! Will try it tomorrow in the morning.

Tried it (to put .....800 (2048 in hex) instead of ....000), but coding is either not accepted or not saved...

Looks like I have to go to the dealer... :(

Edited by YuryG

• 2 years later...

Did you succesfull installed the heater? And is it working?

I have an 2010 golf gtd with the same engine code. My golf didn't also have an auxiliary heater so I think about to install one. It's now winter and I'm freezing the first 10 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...