Columbus firmware upgrade

Hi All,

Looking for some help please getting through the minefield of hardware/software/map versions.

My Columbus unit (in a 2009 Superb II) currently has the following:

Delivery Part Number: 3T0035680B

HW Version: H11

SW Version: 3814

Map Version 7920

I'd like to upgrade to v11 maps, are v11 support by my current software version?

What is the newest recommended version of software if I was to upgrade that?

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

Looking for some help please getting through the minefield of hardware/software/map versions.

My Columbus unit (in a 2009 Superb II) currently has the following:

Delivery Part Number: 3T0035680B

HW Version: H11

SW Version: 3814

Map Version 7920

I'd like to upgrade to v11 maps, are v11 support by my current software version?

What is the newest recommended version of software if I was to upgrade that?

Thanks in advance.

Go to 4020 if you really want to, but you'll not notice the difference.

4120 will bring radio text but not enough room for maps and POI's from v.9 maps and beyond.

I'd leave the firmware alone and just update maps. Especially as in 2009 the Columbus wasn't a 'B' suffix (although you may have fitted a newer Columbus to an older car suggested by the HW number). It probably didn't have a suffix then. Which suggests the part number shown is because it has already had firmware updated.

Hello members

I hope someone can advice plz.

I’m having some issues with my columbus nav.

Right now I'm running this version

Dis. Part number: 3T0035680B

HW-Version HO5
Sw-Version 4120

Some of the functionalities disappear from dashboard settings after I’ve update firmware from factory default to version 4120.

My question is;

If I upgrade my firmware to latest version of SW to 5269 will that upgrade fix that issues?

Also can I run latest maps V11 on 4120 SW version?

Many thanks and I’m looking forward for your advices.

Edited by Radost

Go to 4020 if you really want to, but you'll not notice the difference.

4120 will bring radio text but not enough room for maps and POI's from v.9 maps and beyond.

I'd leave the firmware alone and just update maps. Especially as in 2009 the Columbus wasn't a 'B' suffix (although you may have fitted a newer Columbus to an older car suggested by the HW number). It probably didn't have a suffix then. Which suggests the part number shown is because it has already had firmware updated.

thanks  KBPhoto

OK so is that reversible without recoding? Strange things cos wf I used suppose to be safe. Can u advice which version of WF is safe and is not factory one? Also is there any chance that overwriting with new upgrade will return settings to normal?

Ive also went to dealer for check up and they said that I have a problem with

“roof combination areal for models with navigation sys and preparation for telephone.” That is why are missing settings in my dashboard.

Any opinion on that??

Thank you

I also have V9 maps handy for anyone who would like to borrow the disk in the Birmingham area , Just give me a shout

Hi whereabouts in Birmingham are you Re the V9 update(my contact mobile is 07855522295)

regards Barry

I have just had a new Columbus unit fitted (as it kept freezing) and it has been loaded with version 4120 but I have lost the noise when you touch the screen and it knows that, which for me is anoying as you do not know if it will action the touch for a second or two, by which time you can have touch it again only to lose what you wanted. :devil:

I have been hunting for the last 45mins trying to see what map version 4120 is.

I have just had a new Columbus unit fitted (as it kept freezing) and it has been loaded with version 4120 but I have lost the noise when you touch the screen and it knows that, which for me is anoying as you do not know if it will action the touch for a second or two, by which time you can have touch it again only to lose what you wanted. :devil:

I have been hunting for the last 45mins trying to see what map version 4120 is.

I am not familiar with older firmwares, but have you tried this (if available):

Setup --> Display --> Confirmation tone?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, and thanks to everyone who helps out to us newbies that don't have the knowledge yet.

I would like to have confirmed my findings in this forum..

I have this radio info...   my car is a 2011 modell 

part number 3T0035680A

HW-version H41

SW version 2724

SV SW version C_EU_9.242_t500

HW Vehicle 0*C801     (I've read hear that this is mentioned as a "C" model)???

Map version 7690        (map version 8.1)

So need to confirm that I should use update 4020 and this will give me POI speed camereas and etc...

I've read that there is also different HD partitions to choose...  wich shoul I use?

Thanks in advance

4020 will allow you to us v.9 maps with speed cameras and have POI's installed from the disc.

4120 doesn't have enough room for the POI's, so avoid that one.

It will create 3 partitions. Some say that you need to use 3810 furst to create these partitions, but I've know people to go straight to 4020 without issue.

You'll need backups of your music and custom POI's as well as a map disc as this upgrade will wipe everything off the Columbus.

4020 will allow you to us v.9 maps with speed cameras and have POI's installed from the disc.

4120 doesn't have enough room for the POI's, so avoid that one.

I'm wondering why you prefer the 4020 with POI's from the disk?

I have 4120, and I load my custom POI's using the SD card reader. I then import them on the hard drive, and the SD card is no longer needed.

When you want to update POI's on 4120, you only have to reload the newer file. The map stays on the hard drive.

When you want to update POI's on 4020, what is the correct procedure? Do you have to burn another disk and reload the entire map?

Edited by Too Tall

Simplicity. That's why.

And I've never bothered about trying third party solutions when 90%+ of what I need is on the map disc.

I've never updated the POI's and don't see the need to as (apart from speed cameras) they don't change that frequently.