Reversing camera & running cables

Hi Folks

One thing i miss on my Fabia is the parking sensors, my driveway is about the width of the car (even if the fabia is a bit narrower than the bora) and the extra snce always came in handy particularly when shoehorning the car in at night

I was hunting on ebay for a set and came across the reversing camera kits.

The last time i ran cables from the boot to the front of a car was fitting an amp in the boot of an old Golf Mk3 so not to many trim pannels to contend with.

can anyone offer any advice on getting the cables from the camera by the numberplate on the hatchback into the car through the boot and up to the dash with as little pain as possible. From looking over the trim panels this morning it almost looks like the entire interior needs to be stripped to the shell just to get the cables from A - B out of site :(

Thanks Guys

My preferred route was stevie.d's route

but looks like i need to take the roof liner partially out to get the wires in from the tailgate.

and it seems that regardless of wired or wireless camera i still need to get the wires out of the tailgate and routed around the boot to the light cluster for power so I'm as well just running video and power up the car

Could always go wireless and just put a moped battery inside the tailgate :D

• 3 years later...

Parking sensors are enough for me, camera for the size of a car like the Fabia doesn't worth the hassle imo.

Sensors are enough really

however, sensors seem to be abit unreliable in the long term. I've had 2 go already on my 2013 and i think the nearside one is playing up at the moment too. 

I've been tempted for a camera for the added reliability tbh. 

You need to strip the trim off the inside of the tailgate and have a look what you have to play with. There will be a rubber sleeve that runs cables to the number plate lights etc. Pull that away from the tailgate and thread some stiff wire down the inside of the tailgate. When it comes out the other end, tape a length f power cable and pull through. I can then be fed into the car behind the headlining and down the C pillar to the reverse lights. Earth can be a spade terminal to the metal work behind the tailgate trim, wiper motor earth point will do.

Receiver can wired to the ignition live of the stereo so it only comes on when radio is on. Have got this to do on my Octavia, will do a write up if i remember