Skoda Fabia II HID Kit anyone?

Hey Briskies,

Just wanted to know if anyone of you have decided to fit a HID kit to the Black Monte style headlights yet?

Thinking of buying a MK2 Fabs VRS and think i'd want to do this as not only would they look like factory xenon's (which of course are not available standard, for some stupid reason) but they will match the DRL Fogs and also provide better vision at night.

Would love to see some pics if poss and also if there are any BULB WARNING errors that anyone has encountered once fitted....

Cheers u lot!

I got these:- http://www.hids-dire...ersion-35w-kit/ - you can also specify what temperature K you want the bulbs (4300 or 5000 will give closest to OEM look) - as they are canbus they will be compatible with the Monte/vRS black projector lights.

Nice one pal, that's where I got mine for my MK1. So would Defo get those from there. U got a few pics? Any errors at all?

I have exactly the same 4300K H7 Canbus Pro kit from HIDs Direct. Work very well on my 2011 FL Fabia Elegance, decent straight beam pattern, not blinding at all, and never been flashed with them on. Makes so much difference too, the standard headlights are pretty terrible!

Don't forget you will need VW style adapter plates (like these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190406021805 ) if you do not want to cut your original ones.

I'd just get the 5000K kit like i did last time, they're slightly crisper than the OEM 4300k but still aren't daft blue. what i'm interested in are some pics of how they look in the new one? anyone posting any up?

It's the burn temperature, a bit like degrees Celsius or Fahrenheit, but in 'kelvin'.

4300k is oem colour and often the brightest. The higher temp you go the more blue/purple the light becomes, and less effective.

Steve.

The lower the number the more blue the light, the higher the Kelvin the closer to white light.

Kelvin relates to a solid iron bar being heated and as the temp rises the colour changes to white hot, hence the higher the number being white light.

5600K is industry standard and used as Northern mid daylight.

Here is the Google description.

Colour temperature

Main article: Colour temperature

See also: Stefan–Boltzmann constant

The kelvin is often used in the measure of the colour temperature of light sources. Colour temperature is based upon the principle that a black body radiator emits light whose colour depends on the temperature of the radiator. Black bodies with temperatures below about 4000 K appear reddish whereas those above about 7500 K appear bluish. Colour temperature is important in the fields of image projection and photography where a colour temperature of approximately 5600 K is required to match "daylight" film emulsions. In astronomy, the stellar classification of stars and their place on the Hertzsprung–Russell diagram are based, in part, upon their surface temperature, known as effective temperature. The photosphere of the Sun, for instance, has an effective temperature of 5778 K.

The lower the number the more blue the light, the higher the Kelvin the closer to white light.

Kelvin relates to a solid iron bar being heated and as the temp rises the colour changes to white hot, hence the higher the number being white light.

5600K is industry standard and used as Northern mid daylight.

Here is the Google description.

Colour temperature

Main article: Colour temperature

See also: Stefan–Boltzmann constant

The kelvin is often used in the measure of the colour temperature of light sources. Colour temperature is based upon the principle that a black body radiator emits light whose colour depends on the temperature of the radiator. Black bodies with temperatures below about 4000 K appear reddish whereas those above about 7500 K appear bluish. Colour temperature is important in the fields of image projection and photography where a colour temperature of approximately 5600 K is required to match "daylight" film emulsions. In astronomy, the stellar classification of stars and their place on the Hertzsprung–Russell diagram are based, in part, upon their surface temperature, known as effective temperature. The photosphere of the Sun, for instance, has an effective temperature of 5778 K.

The lower the number the more 'YELLOW', not blue.

Anything above 5k or 6k and the light starts to become less effective for road use as it starts to go blue, then purple past 12k.

:)

I had a 6k kit on my Evo , looked great , lit the road up fantastically but dazzled everyone else , it stayed on the car for a week

In terms of "lighting", I find Philips Xtreme Power bulbs much better from 6000Ks on my car.

Even my wife had noticed it, where she don't have any clue about Xenons, halogens, cars etc... :)

Then I tested 4300K xenon, it is the best for me

Edited by irfant

Been running an HID's direct 4300k kit since pretty much day one on my Monte, transformed the lights and makes them how they should be from the factory.

Couldn't recommend them enough!

Been running an HID's direct 4300k kit since pretty much day one on my Monte, transformed the lights and makes them how they should be from the factory.

Do these work ok even when flashing the high beam?

Steve :)

Did you buy the light clips Callum or did the kit come with them?

Edited by VRS-Powered

Do these work ok even when flashing the high beam?

Yes work fine mate, even when flashing :)

Did you buy the light clips Callum or did the kit come with them?

I modded the originals as that what they recommend, just put a tiny cut in the corner of the clip to get the wire in, apparently the aftermarket clips aren't the best... Was very straight forward :)

I modded the originals as that what they recommend, just put a tiny cut in the corner of the clip to get the wire in, apparently the aftermarket clips aren't the best... Was very straight forward :)

I think post #6 addresses this with an oem part.

• 2 weeks later...

I have exactly the same 4300K H7 Canbus Pro kit from HIDs Direct. Work very well on my 2011 FL Fabia Elegance, decent straight beam pattern, not blinding at all, and never been flashed with them on. Makes so much difference too, the standard headlights are pretty terrible!

Don't forget you will need VW style adapter plates (like these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190406021805 ) if you do not want to cut your original ones.

Are they the exact ones you used?

Am I right in saying HID kits are no longer legal unless they are self leveling and have headlight washers (as per OEM Xenons) or are at least an MOT failure?

l

Incorrect bud, HIDs are a grey area.

MOT testers manual says IF they are there they must work.

i just took my hids out for the 3rd and im never using them again.

1. the light clusters always condensed up because theres never a full seal so moisture gets in..

2. that annoying warm up drives me nuts so i cant flash during the day without looking like my cars broken.

3. the light produced seems to disipate very easily. really bright up close but almost useless on the motorways or b roads. and street lights can drown them out i find?

i was using hid direct kit so a decent kit.. might see if i can use them in my beach buggy or something.

• 2 months later...
l

Incorrect bud, HIDs are a grey area.

MOT testers manual says IF they are there they must work.

Northern Ireland is different though , mot manual apparently states cars with xenons must have washers , loads of Evo owners are having to rig up Heath Robinson affairs to get through the test