Eddie-NLs Octavia Vrs Estate 170CR

Eddie-NL

Some great mods here Ed!

Any more info on the heated washer jets?

Wired them in today too, need to check them when I have a minute as it is different to my old Golf.

in the Golf it was wired to a switched live, on the Octavia it is Pin 4 of the BCM. So not sure if they work all the time like the golf or only when the Black ice warning is on

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like i need to catch up with you again some time soon as really fancy the extra lights in mine. Must also get around to having my screen changed as now have auto light sensor

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Long awaited update

After having a Rear View Camera in my Old Golf I was keen to have one in the Vrs. Easy I thought, fit one of the Tiguan ones in place of the boot release opener only to discover that it was a lot bigger. Then I started looking at the number plate cameras, they look crap so was starting to give up on the idea.

RickST170 was also keen to get a camera on his Blackline too and he took the plunge to cut a hole in his tailgate, so I thought that I would give it a go. Well after getting all the wiring done last week I finally took the plunge and got the Dremel out

camera1_zpsbf911853.jpg

camera2_zps9fe03fe6.jpg

• Like 4

love that reverse camera - top modding - but ditto I wouldn't want to drill my tailgate.

Love the audi knob - my last car had that black one, new one has similar but with red detail and a bit more metal showing - still a ball shape though - makes it much nicer to hold/change gear.

• 1 month later...

New Update

Tried to fit Park Assist, unfortunately found out my ABS pump doesn't support it. Luckily I tested it with the sensors taped on the bumper.

I didn't want to change the ABS Pump so settled to fit front Optical Parking

Here are the results

ops5_zps1415ceac.jpg

ops4_zps9e1f5cec.jpg

ops3_zps99974ec3.jpg

ops2a_zps349c70be.jpg

ops2_zpsccb4eba4.jpg

ops1_zps273bb926.jpg

• Like 2

Wow.. that is amazing sorry im a newbi on here with my 1st octi vrs wonder if that steering wheel would fit mine.. and some of them mods lol absolutely amazing ..thats all I can say ..P.s can you update mine for me pleeasee :angel:

• 3 months later...

Very nice - saw this mentioned last week, from the Mk5 forum.

Where's the coding for this, out of interest? Accepting that it's likely only to be available to FL models.