Eddie-NLs Octavia Vrs Estate 170CR

Eddie-NL

I've only just stumbled across this thread. I've never seen so many retrofits on a car. Sterling work!

How much work was involved with the RVC install? Cheers.

Radders: either your bumper has been replaced after a shunt or they're aftermarket and there will be a switch placed somewhere in the cab. Press everything!

Edited by thejames

Radders: either your bumper has been replaced after a shunt or they're aftermarket and there will be a switch placed somewhere in the cab. Press everything!

I spoke to Radders at the time.... It seems a bumper with front sensors was fitted to the car in error when it had a bumper replacement before he purchased it. When ordering the bumper the previous owner said yes when asked does the car have parking sensors thinking they meant in general rather than the front ones and then the people fitting it just fitted it rather than ordering another one without sensors.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

awesome amout of nice kit on this car, you must really know your stuff, think i need to leave my car with you for a few days and let you do some stuff!!

where are you in Norfolk?

I'm in Great Yarmouth if you need vcds or advise on retrofits

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've in the last week purchased a 2010 Vrs estate in Race Blue, and i've just stumbled across your thread, brilliant to say the least! And Karlosfandango I am also in Attleborough, may see you around town.

• 4 weeks later...

Small mod as such

Twin Rear Foglights enabled

Great work once again Eddie. There can't be that many mods left now for you to do

Sent from my Galaxy S5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Park Assist 2 fitted and working with 360 degree Optical

Sensors on the rear side

]

Eddie.

I have just bought myself an Octavia Scout 184 DSG, the car is a 3 month old ex Skoda management car. I'm not sure if it is a MY 15 or MY16, how can I tell?

The car comes without some of the features I had on my 2011 SEAT Leon FR 170 such as front parking sensors and xenon headlights.

I have asked the dealer about fitting the front sensors, he told me a local auto electrician would do it for £250 + vat, but would not be integrated into the Skoda system.

What would be involved to fit front sensors and connect into the display? Park Assist would have been nice also, what is involved with this? Does it need a new steering rack?

Regards the Headlights, I'll just have to put hi power bulbs to enable me to see at night?

Many Thanks

Gordon

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody !!!

I want to thank in PUBLIC for his help and support Eddie-NL.

For the park assist retrofit PLA-1.5 & PLA-2.0

passengers mirror lowering , memory Motor & coding

BE abs unit coding 

best regards

vv

• 3 months later...

How?? ;)

I would like that!

Not sure how Ed did it but I think VDOeditor can if you have the tools to dump/edit the cluster eeprom.

There are tools that can access the eeprom directly but cost lots or if you're handy with soldering you can remove the chip and use a cheaper chip reader.

Quick youtube demo:

Edited by langers2k

Since I had the car I thought it odd that the cluster display when the door open was displaying a Saloon / hatchback when on other vehicles in the VW range get a proper Kombi / Estate display. I managed to figure out how to change it.

Kombi_zpsun9vmaes.jpg

How did you do that? Is it something that's possible with a pre-facelift, as it's such a little thing but really annoys me every time I look at it.

• Like 1

How did you do that? Is it something that's possible with a pre-facelift, as it's such a little thing but really annoys me every time I look at it.

It might be possible, however the hard part is finding out what to change to get it to display what you want.

Even after trying several other variations with mine it didn't change