How to guide to fit seat Leon cupra leather

Big deano

Right after being told it couldn't be done not one for hearing no I bought some umm leather for £80 so here's a how to guide to fitting ...

Advice before hand get manual seats as the splines That roll the seat back are different but not impossible to do as jut get this from a scrap yard..

Right first start by taking off ge plastic side bits which are held in by black screws ilunderneath..

2. There are 4 spline bolts either side of the seat which need to be taken out to split the seats in 2 .

3. Take the plastic clip that holds the actual seat sponge and cover on there's 4 plastic clips either side and front Nd back use a flat screwdriver to get the plastic out and then use your fingers to pri the rest undone repeat this for all 4 sides.. Remove the whole seat to leave just a base with the Fabia subframe repeat this with the leather exactly the same process and attach the plastic by folding it back in to the runner.. Once off you will see what I mean..

4. Attach the back of the leather to the leather base you have just attached to the Fabia frame and use the 4 spline bolts to bolt back together ..

And attach the plastics

Simple and easy as that

You also benifit from gaining back lumbar support this way

Rears....

Remove seats by unlocking the side clips using a flat screwdriver..

The little of the 2 seats bolts straight in but the big back you have to remove the bolt closets to door as it will not fit..it will look like the big bit sinks in a little but to get round this I used a piece of metal bolted it from one end to the other behind the seats and bolting it to the seat as a support..

This also supports the seats extra as the lock parts either side do not line up hammer them out of the way and use the brace for support..

Bottoms

Doddle big side needs bending a little bit to get it in the hole but not hard as for the little bottom needs just opening a little and slotting in

If you use you car with back seats down then will need to carry a socket to remove seats from race but I don't so doesn't bother me ..

1EE5556B-03D5-4B0E-B2B6-0ACD8B014B4D-5606-0000048029F324F3.jpg

Yes very simple all the bases are the same I kinda figured there not guna spend millions making different size bases all they have done is changed the subframes for different floor pans..

As for the tools on the floor I've got 30 packs of new flooring to go down on Saturday so took advantage of the warm back room lol..

It is quite easy and I'm surprised no ones done it before ..

I'm debating on doing a fitting service :) save people some money while making a little myself :) :)

• Like 3

I know you've put a quick guide of how to fit the rears but can you tell me if you'd damage any of the bits so much that if you decided to refit the standards you'd have to replace anything? I'm looking at a mk4 golf recaro interior but want to revert back to standard if I sell. It looks as though the rears are the only thing to worry about.

When fitted, are there any rattles in the rear and are they secure? Would do my head in if I had a rattle as a result of fitting the seats, so much that I'd prefer to keep the standard!

I know you've put a quick guide of how to fit the rears but can you tell me if you'd damage any of the bits so much that if you decided to refit the standards you'd have to replace anything? I'm looking at a mk4 golf recaro interior but want to revert back to standard if I sell. It looks as though the rears are the only thing to worry about.

When fitted, are there any rattles in the rear and are they secure? Would do my head in if I had a rattle as a result of fitting the seats, so much that I'd prefer to keep the standard!

The main problem/issue is likely to be the rears IMO. Body shapes are different so even if the bottom bolts/brackets are similar/the same, it's unlikely the rear seat backs wil be. Hence te OP's adoption of FMIFF to the rear seat backs. :) (two fecks, one fit.. ;) )

Edited by vindaloo

They will go straight back in without any problems if I choose to change back over. Again as said the backs are a little out but with some fiddle and extra bracing to make 100% safe fit in and can be taken out and put back to standard without any tell take signs

Yes very simple all the bases are the same...

...all they have done is changed the subframes for different floor pans..

On this basis can you not just separate base from subframe and swap the whole lot meaning you don't have to deconstruct the seat?

On this basis can you not just separate base from subframe and swap the whole lot meaning you don't have to deconstruct the seat?

It is possible but for the sake of 4 bolts it's easier to take them out plus the plastics around have to come off to get base off

• 2 months later...

Now found this! Mr Big, did you get any pictures of how you fitted the rears? I have a lovely set of Golf GT TDi seats and the rears are a pain dont line up as said above! Fronts a good tho ;)

Would be a massive help thankies :)

Thanks mate from what I've seen pretty much all vag cars in that range golf mk4 Leon etc all have the same seat pan base only the subframe is diffrent

all the seats from the mk4 based cars are the same subframes and will swap around even 3door will fit 5door. there might be a slight differance in air bag connectors but thats it.

even power seats are easily fitted as its only a fused 12v supply to each seat

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I would like to point out that the 3 door golf seats won't fit a 5 door , the front seat upright are hinged differently with a catch on the side of the seat.( I know I purchased a 3 door set by mistake).

Has anyone got some images of how to secure the rear uprights I can't quite work out how to install them stopping them fall forward.

Can i be your first customer for your fitting service? Obviously massive discounts for your first :p

I'll give u hand if u wanted to come down to gloucester...

It'd probably take an afternoon to have everything bar the upholstery work on the large rear section done.

Thats assuming you went downs the donor Fabia subframes & metal work route rather than the make it fit route.