Skoda vRS Mk2 Extended warranty

bingo765

I bought a used VRS at the beginning of the month, from a used car dealer. Standard 3 months warranty applys. Looking at renewing but don't no where to start. Never had to buy one before. I'm assuming as 3rd owner that any Skoda warranties wouldn't apply to me?? It's 2010 Cave.

Edited by TopRavr

There is a Skoda Used Warranty that you can maybe buy.

There is a recent thread, i will bump it.

Then fill in the Application and see what it says on price etc.

?

Can someone link the latest Skoda Used / EXtended Warranty 2015 on here so people can find it,

cheers.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

George - I just phoned them there (with a query as to whether they'd be offering renewal as the car will be six years old at the end of September), so they're still in action.

• Like 1

Cheers,  

You are as well to get another year with your low mileage and not modified car.

and i see that link in post #28 works when 'try again' is clicked.

PS

Good price as well. IMO

Edited by GoneOffskiroottoot
  • Like 1

Cheers,  

You are as well to get another year with your low mileage and not modified car.

and i see that link in post #28 works when 'try again' is clicked.

Definitely - couldn't replace the vRS with a car with a similar spec for what I paid for it (I'm talking like-for-like - the car would need to be a year old with fewer than 10,000 on the clock - 0-60 around 7 secs, DSG, full climate control, cruise, parking sensors, bluetooth..).

I was looking at the Swift Sport (do like them but you need to 'wind it up' to get it to go - I like power on tap at the low end) and an S1 at the other end of the scale (but can't justifty paying £20k+ for a used example to do 4,000 miles per year).

• Like 1

I can only drive Automatics, so it has to be the Fabia for the cheapness of buying and running,

and i am looking for an Estate without AWD,

So A1 is out, even though the most comfortable small car,

So for a nippy FWD estate for 'Much Cheapness'  a Seat Leon is what i am after, when i find the right one in Silver now.

Tried them all i think in hatches, Clio RS, Mito TCT, Mini Cooper S, Polo GTI etc

and while trying to keep my licence a 1.8TSI will be fine, no need for a 2.0l 280ps.

The Ford Focus ST2 TDCi Powershift Estate is a cracker, but Derv & still too expensive.

• Like 2

I'm looking at extending my Warrenty when it runs out in March this year it's will still be pretty low mileage but had got 3"cat back and forge induction do you think the will extend it with them know those mods are done and current Millage is 18500 so by March will just be touching 20k ish

Cheers in advance

If you are Remapping the car you might as well concentrate on spending on good Fluids, filters and plugs and not bother with a Warranty 

unless it is with someone that covers modified engines,

or go with a Tuning Box, buy the Warranty and you might well get cover if the Underwriter is none the wiser.

(They are not silly though, because they can check your Declared Mods on your Car Insurance if they are going to have to pay out £4,000 or so.)

No idea, Email them and ask.

I had a 2 Year Skoda Approved Extended Warranty on a Fabia and after a year i modified and just assumed i would not be claiming.

?

Are you not going ahead with Remapping, and have you checked with anyone about doing it?

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely - couldn't replace the vRS with a car with a similar spec for what I paid for it (I'm talking like-for-like - the car would need to be a year old with fewer than 10,000 on the clock - 0-60 around 7 secs, DSG, full climate control, cruise, parking sensors, bluetooth..).

I was looking at the Swift Sport (do like them but you need to 'wind it up' to get it to go - I like power on tap at the low end) and an S1 at the other end of the scale (but can't justifty paying £20k+ for a used example to do 4,000 miles per year).

Hi Brian

You may remember that I had a problematic vRS a few years back.

I'm in a Swift Sport now and absolutely love it. I've had it over a year now and I'm still not bored of it.

The way it handles and delivers to power is fantastic. It obviously has less low down power as it's naturally aspirated but it just loves to be revved.

Mine was £10k for a 6 month old, 2000 mile demo with 5 doors. Superb value.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Ran a quote this evening it came in at the following

£329

12 Months

£100 Excess

Thought this was a little steep considering it only covers 12 Months  :thumbdown:

You can just take the Twincharger Gamble then. At least 10 times more if you have major issues or failure

A bit less if the DSGG gives up the ghost totally. 'YOU Decide'.

• Like 2

Ran a quote this evening it came in at the following

£329

12 Months

£100 Excess

Thought this was a little steep considering it only covers 12 Months  :thumbdown:

How much??? I just paid £227 last night for mine, 12 months, £100 excess and over 15k per year?............

How much??? I just paid £227 last night for mine, 12 months, £100 excess and over 15k per year?............

Maybe it's based on mileage of the car then ?

Edited by A9X SJ

Wondering if anyone can guide here that's maybe been in similar position? Our wee car had the original manufacturers warranty extended by Skoda at the time of the engine change, meaning September 2014. The extended warranty covered the engine from the date of change.

The original 3 years overall warranty would have ran out in April 2015, but with the Skoda warranty extension that takes it through until September 26 this year instead.

I realise it's complicated because I think the engine only extension means that the likes of DSG isn't currently covered, I may be wrong in my interpretation. But I'm wondering if the Skoda warranty linked to above will be available to me from September onwards or if I would be as well seeking to get the warranty now.

Wee car has full Skoda history, and thankfully since the engine replacement there are no longer any oil consumption issues. So I'm weighing up options at the moment, if keeping the car once the extended warranty ends then I would rather have peace of mind just in case.

The website allows you to buy the Warranty once the Original Manufacturers,

New Parts / Goodwill / Extended Warranty on a Replacement engine Warranty or Skoda Approved Used Car Warranty Expires.

Great value, and Skoda / VW can not have any reason to say 'Known Issues' or any Dealersgip Diagnosing an issue say, 

Known Issue & Warranty might not cover the Engine / DSG.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I was contemplating a Swift Sport but I've signed up for another year - only £165 (with £250 excess) which is cheaper than last year by a good bit! Well chuffed as didn't want to part company  :yes: .

• Like 1