Special K

Leeboy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Time for a bit of an update. Not much progress made during March, not least because it’s been rather chilly. Anyhow over the course of a few hours during evenings and a few more hours this weekend, I’ve sorted the front end out now (ignoring the dirty bits sitting between the wheels; that’s a project for next winter).

So all lights work, wipers and washers working and adjusted, and all electrical connections and earths have been checked and brushed up where needed and weather proofed.

The boot carpet liner went in the washing machine which was semi successful, most of the stains have come out, but some of the edges started fraying and the backing material has broken up a bit, but looks ok, and works well with my servo cover that I have “carpeted” as it was scratched and had plastic missing.

IMG_2938_zps141e5b69.jpg

Scuttle all shiny with new wiper arms and grommets

IMG_2939_zps92a8ba44.jpg

New washer bottler (thanks to Skoparts International :)), tubing and washer motor.

IMG_2940_zpsb1bf0bbd.jpg

Meanwhile inside, with colour coordinated dash insert strip and Audi air vents. Below a bit of surface rust has been treated to limit its spread.

IMG_2943_zps898e5aad.jpg

And in the back, I’ve been retrimming behind the seats. Again using my roll of parcel shelf fabric, the rubber mat looks quality now and new sound deadening going on the rear bulkhead. Has since been trimmed with the same carpet material and this afternoon I’ve been working on a new parcel shelf and sound system.

IMG_2941_zps7b1d1f2a.jpg

Finally, nice shot of front end (if you ignore the background), I especially like the contrast of blue paint, black plastic work and white/silver accents picked up by the lenses, wheels etc.

IMG_2944_zps6e340c90.jpg

One day soon, I'll take it somewhere for some arty shots.

Also will be at Castle Combe end of the month (no track action though)

• Like 2

Just about made it to a RR meet this morning in Portsmouth. Started to misfire, I assumed it was dirt in the carbs as they have no filters when a helpful person pointed out a HT lead hanging free!

Just seen this, you're welcome ;)

that's at least three of us off to Castle, fancy a convoy up, meet at Saisbury's, Hedge End?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Car is all back together, clean, polished and ready for Castle Combe tomorrow. This will be its first significant since I drove it to its new home last November. Got a load of tools and stuff on board, not expecting any probs, fingers crossed.

Will finally get some finished photos tomorrow too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

It has been spectacularly quiet here. However just acquired a stainless steel manifold for the K series motor. Bit of work will be needed to join to a new silencer, as I want to hide it from sight and not be on show under the rear bumper.

IMAG0037_zpssf8oxe7o.jpg

IMAG0035_zpsbomrbom7.jpg

IMAG0033_zpsmop4hlez.jpg