odd satnav problems

hi all

i have a 2009 elegance and the satnav died on me, dealer and skoda paid for repairing the system (new motherboard).

on completion all seemed well til the other day when using the satnav, the white matrix between the dials has no nav option anymore?

i suspect i may need either a newer can gateway or some coding.

any help appreciated.

info from satnav

3t0035680b

hw version H70

sw version 4120

map version 7920

thanks

roj

Columbus issues in 3yr+ old cars seem to be popping up frequentky at the mo. Mine died the other week, kept trying to re-boot itself, see other threads on columbus for more info, I was lucky as skoda and lease firm paid the bill between them so i got a fresh unit. Had to haggle with dealer for latest firmware and maps though, even though it was costing £2000 + vat they wanted another £175 for v7 but after a heated exchange they gave in and loaded the latest disc they had, v7 so i,m happy.

Interstingly though, I lost maxi dot nav and radio functions initially, however after restarting the car next morning, all menus were back, think it just needed to sleep for a while. I think if the car is off for 2 hours or more, the computers re-boot and recognise each other again, someone else suggested disconnect the battery may also work as both systems need to re-boot simultaneous to recognise each other

Sorry for jumping in rojtatton but i have the very same thing , i have never had Radio or Nav in the maxidot display with mine .i have only had the car since September so i am unsure if it has ever been changed .

countryboy i dont have a button at the of my wiper stalk , should i ?

My car is a 2009 Elegance

It'll be a coding issue, the Superb 2 uses BAP protocol to the cluster and this has to be enabled in the Columbus using VCDS or the dealer diagnostic tool.

The same thing may also happen if the firmware is upgraded with the wrong disc (one that's had the PQ and SK tables swapped) rather than a standard unmodified one.