Most annoying things on your Superb

As title really.

My two pet hates are the two scroll buttons on the wheel I sometime brush against these when turning the wheel and making my passengers deaf in the process.

Second is when waiting in hire with everything switch off the bolero makes a noise as though its shuffling the CDs. Does this every couple if mind. So annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk whilst in a taxi rank

• Like 1

The only thing I could say, and its not really an annoyance, is that the Columbus unit is so slow for the first couple of minutes of use and when you use the hard drive

Oh, and the fuel gauge - It moves too quick :D

Edited by dobbey
  • Like 1

Bonnet release on the passenger side, really ****es me off.

The auto wipers are properly stupid as well, very inconsistent.

I also miss the 0.5 degree adjustments on the climatronic although that isn't specific to the 3T0. Sometimes I WANT 21.5 degrees :rofl:

That's about it, damned good car other than the above.

• Like 1

Never have i brushed the steering wheel and turned the volume up! - ha!

I'm not a fan of the the 4 degree BONG and brighter MFD - passengers ask, what was that.

i like the cornering Xenon's but not a fan of the fog lights winking.

and i wouldn't mind a few more cubby-holes to store stuff up-front.

• Like 1

i agree with the volume control.but thats it, the rest is superb.

dobbey

if your Columbus takes more than a minute to start up there is something wrong with it my old unit used to take 2-3 minutes skoda replaced it.

bill

Hi

I think the only things I don't like are:

- the cubby holes are hard plastic and everything you put in them rattles! This is really annoying

- the Columbus touch screen appears to not want to work first thing (is this because it's cold?)

- the Columbus touch screen is incredibly inconsistent in its response to being touched even when 'warm'

- the space saver spare wheel. It's better than a repair kit and I want to retain a flat boot floor.

- not being able to shuffle play music from an SD card

- no DAB radio offering from Skoda UK, even asked my local dealer again today and he insists he has no knowledge of anything in the pipeline

Some of these are quite minor and the Columbus may have to be changed under warranty due to the 'shadow' on the screen (earlier thread) and I have be in touch with a SatNav company mentioned on this site about a retrofit DAB module but they can only offer a windscreen mounted antenna at present which I'm not too keen on.

Dave

• Like 1

Hand brake is on the wrong side too and the steering wheel don't come back enough in its adjusment.

Agree about that bonnet release and the dorky foglights, although I've fixed them in VCDS.

Handbrake on the wrong side is definitely the most annoying part of the car. I don't understand why Skoda didn't swap it over on RHD cars the same as they did on the Octavia 2 when the basic platform underneath is the same set of components!

I have an Amundsen + ICE unit and haven't been able to cancel RDS messages from the steering wheel without either changing radio channel or activating phone voice control!

My pet hates are:-

•    Bonnet release on the wrong side (as already mentioned above);

•    Buttons on Climatronic are too small to operate without taking your eyes off the road for too long;

•    Ventilated seats are easy to switch on with your heal, especially when in a car park or near a wall where you can’t open your door very far, and there is no warning that they’re on;

•    Winking fog lights (as already mentioned above);

•    Fog lights coming on when you select reverse;

•    No outside temperature display for front seat passenger;

•    Puddle lights under mirrors are weak and yellow compared to the bright, white LEDs on the MkI;

•    No internal boot release as found on the MkI.

No car is going to be perfect and I can live with the above and enjoy all the good bits of the car, which more than offset my pet hates!

I am annoyed with the volume resolution (I have a Bolero radio).

Very often the sound is too low and turning the volume one step up, then it is too loud.

Also the roll-controls in the steering wheel is bad engineered. Very often I can turn them one click without anything happening. I must admit that then I get a response back from a button in my fingers I also expect that something is happening. Maybe I am just expecting too much.

Volume button on steering wheel. Yes. Been caught several times.

Bigger fuel tank? Well it gets me to mid Scotland (600 miles plus) easily without refueling.

Steering wheel to extend further defo yes.

Handbrake on wrong side? Don't see what difference that would make albiet "2" inches.

Bonnet release, pain yes but can live with.

Very impressd with the car.

Coming from a Mondeo, I've found a few things different, but nothing really annoying.

Miss not having heated front screen.

Wouldn't really call bonnet release a huge issue - the bonnet is only open once a week. The Mondeo release was quite different, being operated by the key, behind the Ford badge in the front grill. Useful, in that you didn't have to open the car, but embarrasing, since if you hadn't unlocked the car, the alarm would go off.

Likewise, handbrake placement doesn't bother me. My wife has a '57 plate Focus Ghia, and it has the handbrake over to the passenger side too.

So really, the most annoying thing is no internal boot release, and that is not a great hardship to have to live with!

Coming from a Mondeo, I've found a few things different, but nothing really annoying.

Miss not having heated front screen.

Did you buy it new? I specced it when i bought the car - admittedly, a cost-option but well worth it at times...

Al.

I also came from a Mondeo;

Yes, I miss the heated screen (not an option on the SE and it should be)

The climatronic buttons are too small. I also cannot read them

That damned drivers seat. Mine 150% better than it was since I did some surgery on it so I am no longer crippled due to it pinching my sciatic nerve, but its still too narrow and it doesn't go low enough for me. I always feel like I am sitting on the seat rather than in it.

As mine is a hatch it would have been nice to have a rear wash wipe as I have to wipe the condensation off it every morning to safely reverse out of my drive.

The rest of the car is fine and I don't regret my purchase.

KSR have you not got a boot release on the key fob ? Mine works inside the car

Did you buy it new? I specced it when i bought the car - admittedly, a cost-option but well worth it at times...

Al.

Fraid not, Al

poverty spec., and purchased 10 months old (however, it did come with dual zone air, auto lights and a full size spare, jack and wrench - Skoda UK first owner.