Most annoying things on your Superb

KSR have you not got a boot release on the key fob ? Mine works inside the car

Yes, I do, but it is easier, when in the car, to just press a button on the dash.

There are some easy fixes for some of the niggles mentioned:

Cornering fog lights/fog lights when reversing - VCDS recoding, job done.

Yellow puddle lights - pop the mirror glass off and they pull out - I fitted some LEDs to mine and they are miles better.

Handbrake lever - never really noticed.

But on the whole, pretty trivial niggles.

Steering reach - I'm 6'3" and its at the limit for reach so any taller might be hassle.

An external temperature readout on the Columbus would be nice along with a permanent clock somewhere near the hazard switch.

There is nowhere to put your right foot when using cruise control, sometimes on long journeys you just need to move your right leg a little - especially with a knackered knee from an old Rugby injury.

Also, why don't ALL cars come with Aspheric wide angle door mirrors on both sides? My old P12 Primera had both which I liked.

Two irritations and one 'feature':

The Columbus radio cannot be set to switch on at zero volume (as in off), so every time I switch on the blasted thing pipes up again without requesting it;

There's no easy adjustment for how long the coming home lights stay on. 10 seconds just isn't long enough for me.

Maybe I am missing something - I've only had the car a month!

Oh, and the sunglasses holder isn't a universal size - and it's not lined, so glasses put in there buzz and ratlle!

along with a permanent clock somewhere near the hazard switch.

You can enable a clock on the Columbus though.

Two irritations and one 'feature':

The Columbus radio cannot be set to switch on at zero volume (as in off), so every time I switch on the blasted thing pipes up again without requesting it;

There's no easy adjustment for how long the coming home lights stay on. 10 seconds just isn't long enough for me.

Maybe I am missing something - I've only had the car a month!

Pretty sure both can be adjusted with VCDS (certainly the CH lights) and possible adjustable in the maxidot and Columbus?

+1 for the moronic auto-wiper function. No matter what sensitivity I set mine to it seems to operate in reverse - plenty of rain = motionless wipers; slightest spot of damp = flail around like they're having night terrors :(

The DSG box can also get itself confused sometimes too leading to the occasional bout of frenetic changes between two or more gears.

Apart from those it's all tickety boo :)

+1 for the moronic auto-wiper function. No matter what sensitivity I set mine to it seems to operate in reverse - plenty of rain = motionless wipers; slightest spot of damp = flail around like they're having night terrors :(

The DSG box can also get itself confused sometimes too leading to the occasional bout of frenetic changes between two or more gears.

Apart from those it's all tickety boo :)

Love this. Laughed out loud.

i thought it only came on if the front wipers where on?

That's certainly how it worked on my Mondeo - but don't worry Racing Boy - You're buying a twin-door so you don't have one. (PS - I'm a Wishaw boy - grew up in Ettrick Street, Coltness - left in 1986)

i thought it only came on if the front wipers where on?

if they are On, or on Auto, even if you've turned them off; engage reverse within a min or so and the rear one will come on and have a wipe - HATE it!

That's certainly how it worked on my Mondeo - but don't worry Racing Boy - You're buying a twin-door so you don't have one. (PS - I'm a Wishaw boy - grew up in Ettrick Street, Coltness - left in 1986)

ha ha I grew up in craigneuk but moved up to coltness in the 80's I'm on the oppistate of the dryburgh side what a small world it is

Pretty sure both can be adjusted with VCDS (certainly the CH lights) and possible adjustable in the maxidot and Columbus?

I'd really appreciate some guidance on setting the Columbus on volume to zero. The volume slider for the on volume in the Columbus settings seems to stop moving at around 20%. I've had a pretty good poke around the VCDS Coding - 07 module and can't find anything.

Re the heated front screen. When I was going to do a factory order three months ago the dealer said its only available on the Elegance and there was a specific thing on his computer that said it wasn't on the Greenline version either. I just dug out the Brochure I got at the time and it says the same, Elegance only (£255) and not on a Greenline. This, along with a stupidly long delivery date made me get a standard Greenline SE that was already at a dealers 250 miles away. Had the heated screen been available I would have gone for it and waited for a factory delivery as my last three cars have had them and they are great.

ha ha I grew up in craigneuk but moved up to coltness in the 80's I'm on the oppistate of the dryburgh side what a small world it is

Aye, know it well. Actually spent first few years on North Dryburgh Road (just before that blind summit between Murdostoun Gardens and Allanton Grove), then my folks moved to Ettrick Street when I was about 7. Moved from a 3-apartment to a 4-apartment - social climbers! :rofl: My Granny and Papa lived in Hazeldean Crescent for I don't know how many years.

Just dawned on me, another thing does annoy me. Width of rear seat - totally out of proportion to the general size of the car. I play keyboards, and occasionally need to take a stage piano with me (the piano is just under 5 feet wide). It sat quite happily on the back seat of my Mk3 Mondeo; likewise in my wife's '57 Focus. But no way will it sit across the back seat of the Superb.

But the fact that this, and the lack of internal boot release or heated front screen on all models, is the only things that annoy me, says basically what a satisfying car the Superb is to own and drive.

The central cup holders are poor and badly positioned for having to change gears. I miss the ones that used to come out from the dash on my laguna.

I also find the driver seat to be very difficult to get a good position in.

The dimming rear view is also poor compared to my last car - it doesn't react quckly to lights from behind that change position so you get distracted by the changes.

The sunglass holder is a bit noisy.

Don't like having to press the door handle to lock with KESSY - previous car you just walked away and it locked.

I also miss a button in the boot that will flatten all the back seats with one touch.

The touch buttons on the Columbus I find to be pretty poor and the until itself is a bit fiddly control wise. Voice control is a bit too complex at times to be of any use.

All just niggles though - good car overall.

Wouldn't really call bonnet release a huge issue - the bonnet is only open once a week.

My drive is narrow and on a slope until it levels out alongside the house where I park. There is not enough room to open the passenger door as it is too close to the house, so if I want to open the bonnet, I have to drive the cark forward, walk round to the passenger side, release the bonnet, then reverse back to be on the level to check the oil, etc.

^^^ you can’t really blame the car for that though can you.

It is only annoying to me as in SWMBO’s car it is on the drivers side, so inevitably you forget which cars handle is where.

My drive is narrow and on a slope until it levels out alongside the house where I park. There is not enough room to open the passenger door as it is too close to the house, so if I want to open the bonnet, I have to drive the cark forward, walk round to the passenger side, release the bonnet, then reverse back to be on the level to check the oil, etc.

Yeah, can see the layout of your driveway makes it tricky. If it's not practical to lean over from the driver's side - and I admit it is awkward, why not check oil when the car is out - say in the office carpark, or supermarket, or filling station?