Most annoying things on your Superb

andy

sounds like you should have bought another laguna.but on that note i am thinking of buying a 2004 2 lit petrol laguna estate for my grandson would you recomend them.

bill

• Administrators

Front lamp washers in cold weather, always seem to freeze open at some point in cold weather. Combination of slush and spray maybe.

The boot, it's too big, I keep forgetting where stuff is only to find it in the spare room, aka my boot. :p

if they are On, or on Auto, even if you've turned them off; engage reverse within a min or so and the rear one will come on and have a wipe - HATE it!

Can be disabled via VCDS.

andy

sounds like you should have bought another laguna.but on that note i am thinking of buying a 2004 2 lit petrol laguna estate for my grandson would you recomend them.

bill

Bill Mine would have been the newer model 08 version laguna so not sure what the older version was like in comparison. Overall, a bit like the Skoda Estate it was a good size, the boot floor was nice and wide and flat and it was a lot better on the fuel. Didn't have one bit of bother with it for the 3 years.

What swung me to the Superb was the 4x4 option with the winters we had just had. Odds on it wouldn't happen during the 3 years I have the Superb but never mind.

I just picked the bits where I think the Laguna was a bit better but overall I do much prefer my Superb, partucularly with the added toys like the park assist, heated windscreen and washers - not to mention the massice amount of legroom for my daugher in the back. The Superb has a nicer look that the Laguna as well.

thanks for the reply Andy

living where you do north of watford i suppose you would need a 4x4 ,the superb is the best buy at the moment and we do have the estate which is best .my grandson needs some thing for his work as an electrician.

bill

Aye, know it well. Actually spent first few years on North Dryburgh Road (just before that blind summit between Murdostoun Gardens and Allanton Grove), then my folks moved to Ettrick Street when I was about 7. Moved from a 3-apartment to a 4-apartment - social climbers! :rofl: My Granny and Papa lived in Hazeldean Crescent for I don't know how many years.

Sorry for the OT.

lol Lauder Cressent for me ;) moved away 22 years ago but still go up all the time .

Back on topic

The seats and sometime the dashboard creaks when its cold in the morning

Edited by GerryT

Yeah, can see the layout of your driveway makes it tricky. If it's not practical to lean over from the driver's side - and I admit it is awkward, why not check oil when the car is out - say in the office carpark, or supermarket, or filling station?

I'm too old and creaky to lean over from the driver's side - I've tried and failed!

When the bonnet's open, I like to clean any dirty marks in the engine bay, top up the windscreen washer, etc, so its nice to do this at home where I've got my rags and fluids. I've done this on my driveway for the past 44 years, so I'm not keen to change the habit of a lifetime!

I thought I'd seen the last of this problem when I got rid of my Alfasud many years ago, which had the boot release inside the door frame on the passenger's side.

My list (much of which has been mentioned above) is:

- driver's seat comfort is very poor (if only they used quality leather and a better design as in the 5-series I tested)

- twin boot design (where water on the saloon door pours over into the boot interior when you open the saloon door)

- a bigger fuel tank would be nice

- lack of a decent foot rest for accelarator side

- I find the air con to be warmer than my previous VW Passat (20C used to be a nice cool temperature, but not in the Superb - dealer has tested and claims there are no problems)

- DAB would be a nice option to have

- I would like a heated windscreen without the annoying metal grid lines (however I don't think this yet exists)

- lack of a soundproof barrier to the rear passengers (this would be a god-send, especially on family holidays)

Overall though, I'm very happy with it. A very solid car.

I'd really appreciate some guidance on setting the Columbus on volume to zero. The volume slider for the on volume in the Columbus settings seems to stop moving at around 20%. I've had a pretty good poke around the VCDS Coding - 07 module and can't find anything.

Agreed - how do you get the switch on volume for the radio to be svaed at zero?

And another new pet hate - if you have the SD card playing music, then it defaults to on again (even if it was 'paused' before you last switched off), and whilst the Columbus is starting up (seems like ages but is probably only a minute or two), you can do nothing with it!!!!!

Any ideas?

Two points , firstly the way you can deafen yourself while parking if you run your hand on the volume steering controls , secondly the worst is the way water can flow into the boot when the boot is opened in the twin door !

• Like 1

Dashboard rattles and poor headlights (dipped & main beam) otherwise it's 'Superb' :)

So what are you comparing them with? Do you gave xenon or halogen bulbs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk whilst in a taxi rank

When got the car I thought it never had heated mirrors as you cant see the symbol in the switch as the control switch hides it when your seated. Its fine now i know its there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk whilst in a taxi rank

The fuel filler pipe design is resoundingly crap, the fuel can't flow down the pipe fast enough and constantly triggers the overfill protection on the pump, the nozzle has to be pulled out a little to overcome it.

I disagree about the comment regarding the poor quality of the leather seats in the Superb. My driver's seat is holding up really well and it has put up with grubby workwear for the last 75,000 miles.

The fuel filler pipe design is resoundingly crap, the fuel can't flow down the pipe fast enough and constantly triggers the overfill protection on the pump, the nozzle has to be pulled out a little to overcome it.

Really? :think:

I push the nozzle in as far as it will go, keep it level and squeeze, it then fills the tank in one go, I do wait a couple of seconds for a second and third squeeze but virtually nothing extra goes into the tank before the pump cuts off again.

Really? :think:

I push the nozzle in as far as it will go, keep it level and squeeze, it then fills the tank in one go, I do wait a couple of seconds for a second and third squeeze but virtually nothing extra goes into the tank before the pump cuts off again.

Really.

Its always been a pain in the arse from day one. And at various petrol stations too.

From what I have read at several Skoda forums I conclude that somehow mostly diesel-cars suffer from the tank fill problems. As long as I keep the pistol around 6 o'clock, mine fills up without any problem.

Regarding the annoyances:

• I find the cruise control controls terrible. In my wife's Twingo (which only cost 1/3 of my S2) there are nice big buttons on the steering wheel. Moreover the Twingo has a separate resume button. In the S2 I always press "set" when I want to "resume" and visa versa.
  • The sun blinds are way too short. There is a large gap around the rear-view mirror, and (for tall persons) if you move them sideways they don't block the sun when it's further sideways than 45°.
  • The seats are too hard. Coming from a comfortable French car this is something I really had to get used to.
  • The paint is too soft (or thin) and scratches easily. The paint of my previous car (a 1999 Renault Laguna) was much tougher and less susceptible to scratching.
  • The Climate Control can't be set below 18°. If I make short trips in winter (with a thick coat on), this is much too high. I want to be able to set it to about 15°.
  • The fuel tank is too small. It is sold at 60 liters, but I never get past 55 liters. Even when it was new (and completely empty) I could only get 58.4 liters in. A car this size should have a 70 (usable) liters fuel tank.

Edited by andrehj

Compared to my Octavia

1. No right foot rest when cruise is on......will make something from stainless plate!

2. No bottle holder in front doors.

One week in and really impressed!

Hi, future Superb owner here (170hp/DSG/17"/xenon), I'm worried about the squeeks from the doors when riding bumpy roads, are this a common problem? Can it be solved other than with wd40 on the rubber door seals? Also I've heard numerous complaints about the DSG keeping it down to 1300-1400rpm while driving in city (in D mode) and that causing annoying vibrations (that is what I look for to get rid of like in my Octavia 105hp/PD/m5). Thanks

I forgot about this until this week's colder weather - the heated seats take forever to heat up. Once they are hot they are very hot but they do take longer to heat than I'd expect.

does it not take longer to heat your up your house as well this time of the year this a unnecessary moan about a very good car i think people have started moaning about nothing its time the mods put this post to bed.

bill

does it not take longer to heat your up your house as well this time of the year this a unnecessary moan about a very good car i think people have started moaning about nothing its time the mods put this post to bed.

bill

Well, this thread is about little things that annoy you - not really much wrong with discussing that is there? Why should the discussion be closed?

The seat refernce is compared to other cars in the same conditions, it's a bit slow.