Shall I remove my black door trim.

Guest BigJase88

Its the paint below that will be bubbled you see

The recess is where the bubbling occurs.... Mines was terrible! All 4 doors were knackered so ended up costing me another £50 for new trims to hide the bubbling

The brand new rubstrips looked nice though :)

i took 1 off my drivers door.. then bonded it back on again. was mental hard getting the bond off that they are stuck on with. I could not be arsed in the end.

no !! the silver car looks good with strips still in place same as the red cars

imo the only ones that pull it off well are black ones and yellow ones

yes dont do it

i think the black breaks up the lines of the car on a silver car, funnily enough my curent vrs is a black car, and that obviously has black moulings too, and it doesnt seem to need to have the colour broken up, but lighter cars like silver and red and yellow seem to need it imo

Guest BigJase88

we were thinking of removing ours too on our silver vrs.... but angry man yours look fantastic in silver where and how did you do it?

Bought a set from a silver leon cupra. And stuck them on

The seat paint code is different to the skoda one but there wasnt enough in it to notice the difference

693cc43b.jpg

You have shadows etc coming into play on this pic but in real life youd be hard pushed to notice the difference

well personally I think that looks great.... it's something I'm definitely going to do I can see what alot of you are saying about breaking uo the silver paint but ours has black alloys so I think they do that.... what about the door handles on the vrs anyone ever tried to change the black ones??

I agree, the car looks much better with the side ones either removed or painted silver. I was thinking about the front and rear too, but a silver car loses something with those done.

• Like 1

hmm,

I have black wheels too which was why i was thinking remove the door strips in the first place

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

More to the point I love the black section on the rear bumper!!! However my towbar would ruin that look