Super-Pro Bush Lubrication

I noticed there has been some discussion about suitable lubrications for the above bushes.

As I have a few waiting to fit when the weather warms up, felt it needed further investigation.

Some of the bushes that I have that are to go in areas that move (ie rear beam) and come with a tube of lubrication grease.

On the back of the tube is written " WP GREASE, This premium quality product is a silicone based grease",

also a warning not to mix it with other greases.

I phoned Superpro Europe Ltd and spoke to a very helpful guy called Graham and asked him what it was ?, he confirmed Lithium grease.

Sooo when I get round to fitting my goodies thats the supplied grease I will be using. :thumbup:

Hope this helps

yes is correct...never use petroleum based grease on any bushes,because will eat eachother.

Silicone grease is good aplication for all bushes.

And another thing...silicone grease is better on exposed areas like under the car because unlike the petroleum grease is not washable,will stay.

wasn't someone on here saying not to use copper grease, was in one of our supsension related threads recently, something to do with copper filings damaging bushes?

Update:-

lube.jpg

Well as you all can see its not copper.

Rob do you mind contacting them again and ask why they recommend copper.

From a pic on another topic there is a pic of your beam bushes. What did you use and any problems?.

I have said that I used fine copper grease on the front arb bushes(superpro) with no adverse effects so I guess its down to personal preference.

I wouldn't use copper grease either. Copper is traditionally used on threads or tapered metal-metal fits, as a high-temperature anti-seize paste. Silicon DC5 is nice stuff if you have it.