I found my Superb: She's called Audrey!

Central Skoda should be able to tell you over the phone if the DSG oil has been changed, they would'nt have done it at the 20k service but did they do it at the 56k? It may not have been requested. if not, get it done now rather than wait till 80k as it will be big bucks if it goes wrong. Hope im not sounding too anal but i don't really trust 'service history' from main dealers.

The combi is just another word for estate.

Couldnt get used to wipers on by pushing stalk up (as opposed to down)

Nor the bonnet release on passenger side?!!!

Having owned a Legacy myself I know where you are coming from, at least the indicators are on the correct side on the Superb :giggle:

6. Couldnt work out computer info from stalk

What servicing info can i reset/set myself from the trip computer/steering stalk?

If you reset if from the maxidot (stalk) then it will go onto fixed servicing (10K miles or 12 months whichever comes first)

7. Front /rear heated seats took FOREVER to warm up

They are not quick on a Škoda (SWMBO’s TT are almost instant)

8. Now i know without rear wipers the rear screen hard to see

Wot do others do?

Use rain-X on it?

Rain-X works well on the TT (I have a wiper as mine is an estate)

10. Electric mirrors dosent fold flush to side body

Like just 75degress rather thn 90degrees folded (normal?)

Perfectly normal

11. First aid compartment in boot

But nothing inside - does new car have a 1st aid box?

They never came with a first aid kit in the UK

12. Glove compartment a bit sticky

Does not open until press release button 2/3 times!

13. Deffo dont like the PRODscreen

As Mercurio puts it - lol!

The Columbus is quite slow when it’s cold, this may improve once it’s been on for 10 mins etc?

15. Is there anythingelse i can program?

Like auto fold the mirrors? Only with a lot of work (door cards off, insert a relay and a wiring loom joining both front doors together)

Auto alarm after 10mins? No, but if the car has been unlocked and not opened in 60 seconds it will re-lock itself.

Auto door lock whn drive off? Yes

Auto Boot release from remote? The boot can possibly ‘pop’ from the remote as std, it will not open though, you still need to lift it (the electric tailgate on my combi is great, but it should be being a £500 option. :giggle:

Etc etc

VCDS is a lead you plug into the purple OBD2 plug just above the throttle pedal, this enables you to change a fair bit of the cars behaviour:

Alarm chirps on locking / un-locking (you can do this in the maxidot as well - ATA confirm

Anti hi-jack - the car locks itself at approx 10mph - VCDS needed

Selective unlocking - unlock just the drivers door (press the remote twice to open all 4 doors) or turn it off for all doors to open on 1 press - maxidot

Seatbelt warning bongs disable - VCDS

Ambient footwell lights: they light up (dim-able) when the headlights are on - look in the maxidot for ‘footwell lights', some have it enabled from the factory / PDI, others don’t, if there is nothing in the maxidot then you need VCDS to enable the option (it will then appear in the maxidot)

Headlight washer delay, change how often the headlights are washed - VCDS

Phone connection ‘bong’ disable (not all bong as std) - VCDS

Coming home / leaving home lights, change the operation to use the front fog lights instead of the xenon’s to prolong them - VCDS

I am sure I have missed some possible adaptations there, have a good read of the handbook as it will give you an insight on what the car can do (quite a lot) such as displaying the clock on the Columbus and enabling beeps on the touch screen, how not to deadlock the car, how to turn off the interior sensors etc etc etc.

• Like 1

Thks Black vRS.

I dont know.

Central Skoda wasnt very forthcoming -

and just claim those details belong to previous owner!

I ll give thm another bell.

Also i ll upload the service book onto here nx week.

Thks Racing Boy.

It was a novelty for me - hearing the noise thn a small movement of boot.

A bit like those self closing kitchen drawers!!! :-)

I just joined FREEDOM!!!

:thumbup:

I am also planning to buy some winter rims / tyres for Audrey.

Which size is the most economical for her?

15?

16?

Width and walls?

16’s are the smallest that will fit your car, you need 205/55/16” tyres on them (don’t have the minimum load index or speed rating to hand)

Does anyone know if the optional extras like Heated windscreen

and Park Assist need to declare to insurer

If so how much increase would i expect?

Would the heated windscreen be claimed on windscreen cover?

Or would it be a FULL insurance claim - eeeek! ?

My insurer (Škoda insurance = Allianz) charged nothing extra for FACTORY FITTED options, this included a replaced heated windscreen that was done under the (IIRC £60?) windscreen cover

The combi is just another word for estate.

Couldnt get used to wipers on by pushing stalk up (as opposed to down)

Nor the bonnet release on passenger side?!!!

Having owned a Legacy myself I know where you are coming from, at least the indicators are on the correct side on the Superb :giggle:

6. Couldnt work out computer info from stalk

What servicing info can i reset/set myself from the trip computer/steering stalk?

If you reset if from the maxidot (stalk) then it will go onto fixed servicing (10K miles or 12 months whichever comes first)

7. Front /rear heated seats took FOREVER to warm up

They are not quick on a Škoda (SWMBO’s TT are almost instant)

8. Now i know without rear wipers the rear screen hard to see

Wot do others do?

Use rain-X on it?

Rain-X works well on the TT (I have a wiper as mine is an estate)

10. Electric mirrors dosent fold flush to side body

Like just 75degress rather thn 90degrees folded (normal?)

Perfectly normal

11. First aid compartment in boot

But nothing inside - does new car have a 1st aid box?

They never came with a first aid kit in the UK

12. Glove compartment a bit sticky

Does not open until press release button 2/3 times!

13. Deffo dont like the PRODscreen

As Mercurio puts it - lol!

The Columbus is quite slow when it’s cold, this may improve once it’s been on for 10 mins etc?

15. Is there anythingelse i can program?

Like auto fold the mirrors? Only with a lot of work (door cards off, insert a relay and a wiring loom joining both front doors together)

Auto alarm after 10mins? No, but if the car has been unlocked and not opened in 60 seconds it will re-lock itself.

Auto door lock whn drive off? Yes

Auto Boot release from remote? The boot can possibly ‘pop’ from the remote as std, it will not open though, you still need to lift it (the electric tailgate on my combi is great, but it should be being a £500 option. :giggle:

Etc etc

VCDS is a lead you plug into the purple OBD2 plug just above the throttle pedal, this enables you to change a fair bit of the cars behaviour:

Alarm chirps on locking / un-locking (you can do this in the maxidot as well - ATA confirm

Anti hi-jack - the car locks itself at approx 10mph - VCDS needed

Selective unlocking - unlock just the drivers door (press the remote twice to open all 4 doors) or turn it off for all doors to open on 1 press - maxidot

Seatbelt warning bongs disable - VCDS

Ambient footwell lights: they light up (dim-able) when the headlights are on - look in the maxidot for ‘footwell lights', some have it enabled from the factory / PDI, others don’t, if there is nothing in the maxidot then you need VCDS to enable the option (it will then appear in the maxidot)

Headlight washer delay, change how often the headlights are washed - VCDS

Phone connection ‘bong’ disable (not all bong as std) - VCDS

Coming home / leaving home lights, change the operation to use the front fog lights instead of the xenon’s to prolong them - VCDS

I am sure I have missed some possible adaptations there, have a good read of the handbook as it will give you an insight on what the car can do (quite a lot) such as displaying the clock on the Columbus and enabling beeps on the touch screen, how not to deadlock the car, how to turn off the interior sensors etc etc etc.

on my superb if you hold the boot button the boot opens up in saloon mode it fully opens right up

Massive thks Martin!

>>>

>>>

Am worry abt this bit now.

Wot is the difference costs wise?

Thts BRILLIANT Martin!

>>>

16’s are the smallest that will fit your car, you need 205/55/16” tyres on them (don’t have the minimum load index or speed rating to hand

>>>

Exactly wot i needed to know!

Right - i need to try Skoda insurance thn!

Were thy cheapest for u?

Škoda Insurance were about £20 dearer than my cheapest quote… but the level of cover was far better as std, so if you compared the two ‘like for like’ then yes they were a fair bit cheaper.

Servicing re the cost is pretty much the same no matter what the car is on (so variable actually works out cheaper) but it really depends on the sort of driving YOU will do to see what is more suitable.

I bought my 1st set of Nokian’s (WR G2’s) from mytyres and had no issues at all, this year I bought a set of Nokian WR A3’s (even better if thats possible) for SWMBO’s TT from oponeo (from £73 delivered, for a 205/55/16 WR A3)

For wheels look on eBay for some Audi alloys (or VW / Škoda ones)

5x112 PCD (HAVE to be this size)

57.1mm centre bore (if they are 66.6mm - fitted to some newer Audi’s then you would need ‘spigot rings’ to reduce this size back to 57.1mm)

7” x 16” (the width is flexible a bit, but 6.5” - 7.5” should be doable)

ET45 (again this can vary slightly, just not too much - mine are 7x16 ET42)

• Like 2

Racing Boy!

Really!

U got auto saloon boot fully open?!!

I got to try mine!

Don't get too excited - "saloon mode" means that just the little section opens from the remote. To open fully - hatchback mode - needs two buttons pressed on the boot lid itself.

Ray

Don't get too excited - "saloon mode" means that just the little section opens from the remote. To open fully - hatchback mode - needs two buttons pressed on the boot lid itself.

Ray

Thts fine with me!

So my little boot can be remotely fully open with car keys whn i am both hands carrying shopping?

Racing Boy!

Really!

U got auto saloon boot fully open?!!

I got to try mine!

possittive hold the button and it opens straight up and press the middle button and it opens right up quite handy actually

Hey up mate,

Found this thread by accident. Toyota? go and stand on the naughty step for 10 minutes you naughty naughty boy!

Cheers

Ade

Huh?

Wot?

Yes head master :-(

Ade!

Whn u claying your car?

We want pics - else no believe! Lol

Huh?

Wot?

Yes head master :-(

Ade!

Whn u claying your car?

We want pics - else no believe! Lol

Oi you boy at the back. Pay attention

I covered it in the last lesson

When it gets warmer... if you think I'm going to clay my clay in this you must be mad

Any more stupid questions and send you off to see matron... :yes:

I have a plan as well as a garage... wait for a nice day in the week when I'm off and SWMBO is at work and give her the full treatment outside on the drive so all the neigbours can see how sad I am. They probably know already but it'll be worth the craic.

It'll be....

Snowfoam on paintwork

TFR under wheel arches

Bilberry on the wheels

Jetwash off

AG shampoo conditioner

Jetwash off and dry

AG Clay Kit

AG High dev cleaner

AG High Dev Wax

Wheels off and either AG wheel sealer or gtecniq C5 depending whether I've used the AG stuff up

Anglewax Glass cleaner

Angelwax H2GO on the windows

Anglewax Rubber and Tyre dressing.

Inside

Hoover

AG leather cleaner

AG Leather Balm

AG vinyl and rubber care

10 cups of tea. ;)

That vid on claying was good :thumbup: