Wide mouth bumper. A rough guide.

Excellent guide Joe!! Looks really smart. I wouldn't mind having a go of this on mine... but will have to wait until I can do the FMIC conversion.

I was thinking of taking the mesh and spraying VRS onto it in a very slightly darker or lighter colour than the mesh itself??

Maybe I'll photoshop it to see what that would look like first though!!

Anyways... as I said, A very good and informative thread once again!!

Edited by muppo2000

Don't forget to update your sig piccy now Joe!

Its not on the road yet so not able to take a nice picture of it yet.

Wheres the crash bar mate?

Half of it is in the bin. I cut it that much it was pointless so i kept the legs and welded some strengthening bars into them.

What FMIC have you got joe?

Great guide!

It is a mishimoto, pretty sure its there G line one. Took abit of work and have had to loose the main part of the crash bar but hopefully its worth it once it is up and running.

Guest BigJase88

You can drill holes in the stock crash bar to help airflow to cooler.

Still keeps a fair chunk of the crash bar, just an idea for anyone following the guide

intercoolerclean006.jpg

That bar will not save your life. I tryd an ibiza bar and could flex that by hand, granted the fabia bar is alot stronger but as soon as you start cutting it etc its so weak it might aswell not be there. It is a crash bar designed to protect the engine etc not you, have you ever seen a renault crash? The harder the front end the worse for you. The front end is heldmtogetha with the front anti rollmbar and a strut brace on top. I have been through this before, i know what im doing and i know the cons of it other wise i wouldnt of done it. Others have done it and found no difference even under track driving.

• Like 1