Low Screenwash warning added

Nice mod Eddie. Must admit it use to bug me that. on my vRS. Quite often get caught out when on lots of little trips and the water just runs out.

Just bought an S4 and it has this feature, came on 2 days ago. Promptly refilled and no dirty screen for me :)

Muppet question here....

Is the VRS different to the regular Octy in this respect? Both our cars (and a 2006 4x4) have a warning light for low screenwash already

Kind regards

Ian

You get low screen-wash warning on all vehicles fitted with Xenon headlights I believe.

Almost, all models with headlight washers (which therefore includes all models with xenon headlights) get the larger capacity washer bottle and the low level warning light.

Was gonna say, I just assumed it was standard as it's such a small thing. I get a display come up on the top of my maxidot where the time is when it's low.

I thought that until I run out especially coming from my previous Octy which did have it!!!

I hope you're generalising and not aiming that at anyone? :thumbup:

Not aimed directly at anyone, how hard is it to check them regularly though? If you are the only driver then surely you must have an idea they are getting low simply by the amount of times you use them?

Even though the vrs is the top car or maybe it should be, the elegance and l&k have more toys as standard

That’s just it though, it may be the sportiest version they make but is IMO spec wise sits below or at best level with the `Elegance in the trim level, so is not top of the range.

Not aimed directly at anyone, how hard is it to check them regularly though? If you are the only driver then surely you must have an idea they are getting low simply by the amount of times you use them?

OK - someone took offence as they thought you were calling them a muppet. I see now it was just a misconception, so will clear out the report. :)

• Like 1

Not hard at all.

I've never seen my light come on.... probably because i top it up weekly along with other checks.

Almost, all models with headlight washers (which therefore includes all models with xenon headlights) get the larger capacity washer bottle and the low level warning light.

Nice mod Eddie - for such a low cost it's a no brainer.

Luckily both of my cars have been with xenons so had this already - in fact I was surprised that it wasn't standard on all vRS models. If it didn't have the warning i'd definitely want to fit it. Not much use finding out you're out of fluid if you're on a filthy motorway miles from the next services..

I'm guessing the warning comes on when it is low and not empty? So when you get the warning it is low but still has a little in there?

Pretty sure ours has the warning light (Elegance with headlamp washers) but it's not come on yet and seem to have used a load of screenwash. Maybe because it has a bigger bottle than other cars I've had.

Phil