Fabia vrs led front fog into Octy vrs

Thanks. Already got them working but with the following connections:-

Pin1 (flat end of plug) not used

Pin 2 Ground

Pin 3 (round end of plug) +12V foglight.

Full power on ignition on, and auto off when side.headlights switched on.

• 10 months later...

Has anyone attempted this on a pre-facelift and actually got some pictures of them fitted and whats involved? seems a few people have managed it but in a somewhat unhelpful nature havent posted any pictures or guides... most unlike members of this site!!

• 1 month later...

Anyone?? I refer back to my previous comment.. has this been done on a pre facelift (2007 for instance) octy VRS? has anyone got pictures and what was involved in doing it? 

Like someone has said on here, i cant remember when ive actually ever used my fogs as intended and would like the look of OEM style DRLs and have them go off when the sidelights are turned on..

the locations of the bolts on the pre-face lift are different to the facelift so it wont be a bolt in job. 

You'd need to work out a way of using the bolt holes on the fabia fogs, maybe extra holes in the bumper? or even fabricating something to make them line up with the old holes. 

apparently you can disassemble the LED light assembly and put the rear of the unit onto the front of your existing unit and bolt that in.

when I was investigating this upgrade, I noticed some golf owners doing it this way.

apparently you can disassemble the LED light assembly and put the rear of the unit onto the front of your existing unit and bolt that in.

when I was investigating this upgrade, I noticed some golf owners doing it this way.

May be the way to go then.. I might have to look into this a bit more, still surprised to find no one who has actually done this on a 2007 model VRS

Probably because they are £40+ each, its a lot of money just to try.

Before you buy look for pics of both as from what i saw they look different in physical size too which might cause issues swapping the innards over

• 11 months later...

no, youll need new pins and plugs to suit the LED lamp.

the square end of the plug is the ground/negative (I think)

the middle is the 30(40)% lit LED, and the round end is the 100% (which you should use for your fog light)

Thanks. Already got them working but with the following connections:-

Pin1 (flat end of plug) not used

Pin 2 Ground

Pin 3 (round end of plug) +12V foglight.

Full power on ignition on, and auto off when side.headlights switched on.

I have just bought all the bits to replace my fog lamps (2012 FL), but just before I do can someone confirm the pin connections as the two post above give conflicting information. Also how big does the resistor have to be ?

+1 on weather or not this can be done on a pre-fl. seen another post elsewhere saying the fog lights for the pre-fl and the fl are the same but they don't look it to me :( 

can you post some pictures of your lamps and a little bit more of a write up what needed changing? did the lights fit without any mods other than the wiring?

+1

This subject is long overdue a step-by-step guide!

I will have a look at doing one for you because my bulb blown light keeps coming on and its doing my head in.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sean,

If you are doing this on a MK2 Octy can you do a write up with some pictures etc when your on the way doing it? Ive been interested in this for some time but not got a round to attempting it due to issues with Motorbike taking over time and resources... if it turns out to be a straight swap with a wiring Mod I may well be up for this at some point

Dave

Right here we go my first write up 60282aebd0cdb33e2e7e6d2c9882b581.jpg

This is the wire harness with resistor I'm using you have to swap this plug with this one on the new plug I got a small drill and drilled the plastic fins out so I could push the connectors in red wire goes in number 3 and the black goes in number 2 83381e4c00ed99de16e4ff0df9ff6cfb.jpg8701e7171531ed4d27726384d4274e09.jpg

8d30518cc11918f6151d50ebb4b572a0.jpg

There's a hole in the fog light surround which you just pull off to look like this 86b781d75594af6efef54d264fae9901.jpg

Then there's just 3 Star screws holding it in I think that's what there called this is what the plug looks like with the wires in them I just put electrical tape around it to hold the wires in 1cbb02be09e5641d6a34651f06963ae2.jpg

Inside there is a bracket which holds the horn on and there's a horn each side and on that bracket there is a spare hole and I got some strong wire and made a hook to put the resistor on as it gets very hot I'd take a photo but can't my iPad in there then to fit the fog light back is just A reverse of what you took out here is some photos of the LED fog and Standard one there is no difference in the outer casing it's just this straight swap 2cd6e75055317436a111b05070932b56.jpg664571ce476f26ee5e1ed02e2f9c02c1.jpg778d030c8ed9229e61b0514eb2a4da4a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk