Dash Cam & 12V Multi Adaptor Hidden Install (driver storage compartment)

FUBAR

I did similar, but with a 4-port and mounted it in the glove-box. :) (Used 3 ports fairly quickly: DashCam, Nokia Car-Kit, Samsung Galaxy Car-Dock)

I did similar, but with a 4-port and mounted it in the glove-box. :) (Used 3 ports fairly quickly: DashCam, Nokia Car-Kit, Samsung Galaxy Car-Dock)

Its just what I had lying around (there are nicer ones with USB sockets aswell on ebay), only other item that I will plug into it will be a small flush double USB adaptor for charging phone, and possibly a second camera without tapping into cars existing wiring.

My glove box has the MDI and owners books thing which more or less fills it, this little cubby hole at drivers side is something I keep forgetting is even there, but will save me having to reach over to other side etc.

ps. I have a blue plater on my finger because I was attacked just before this by an Opel Astra's windscreen wash tanks lid, which was tight and when it finally came off nail caught on inner lip and split my nail down middle. Cheap GM rubbish! :swear:

Gross :sick: lol. Good guide though mate :)

• Like 1

Gross :sick: lol. Good guide though mate :)

I fear the thing may fall off so blue plaster is to make sure I remember to be careful with it. What annoyed me more was I had to go back into work to get something to clean the blood off the stupid Astra, then finish topping up another 8 cars before cleaning and dressing it! :wall:

What can I say mate.. Vauxhall's :wall:

They normally open perfectly easily to be fair but this one......

same as this bottom right yellow filler lid.

Astra-YE07YBV-11.jpg

My glove box has the MDI and owners books thing which more or less fills it, this little cubby hole at drivers side is something I keep forgetting is even there, but will save me having to reach over to other side etc.

I chucked my MDI(USB) under the passenger seat.

Owners books????? What are they then??? ;) ;) ;)

I chucked my MDI(USB) under the passenger seat.

Owners books????? What are they then??? ;) ;) ;)

I just left MDI where the factory put it only have it for the one apple product I own (ipod classic 80gb 5 years old), I should really get the MDI-USB cable but waiting to find a brand new one in VAG packaging on ebay for under a fiver...... I am being patient. I have my owners book stuff (inc all car documents insurance etc) and some other bits in there but that's it full. That other wee compartment I fired 12V adaptor in today I only used to put used ferry boarding cards and parking tickets in as I don't like litter in or out of car. 2 years worth now removed :D

But still have more or less all the space I had before even after installed due to its location and size must get some sticky packed rubber pad thing to give it a softer floor for phones etc.

Harwired my Blackvue in last week only i didnt bother with the parking mode thing, just cut the end off stripped the wire earthed one wire and piggybacked the other job done, done the same to my pogo speed camera.

Harwired my Blackvue in last week only i didnt bother with the parking mode thing, just cut the end off stripped the wire earthed one wire and piggybacked the other job done, done the same to my pogo speed camera.

Had to google that pogo thing, any pics of it in car doing its thing? I still have a Snooper V2 somewhere, not used it since that model became illegal though :(

Really good write up, I will be doing this myself, just bought a 3 way Draper socket on ebay now

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Draper-12V-3-Way-Car-Extension-Socket-Car-Cigarette-Lighter-Socket-Ext-/200865933114?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2ec48ae73a&_uhb=1

Also ordered the piggyback fuse,

Thanks for the guide!!

• Like 1

I havent mate sorry, i can get some for you, its a great bit of kit (for me anyway)

I can think of 272 reasons why it's specifically good for you personally. :giggle:

• Like 1

Thanks for the guide - it gave me a pointy finger regarding a future installation.

Since I acquired my car a few weeks ago I've become an avid reader of this forum. There's been lots of previous queries on here regarding the fuse box and fuse allocations and although I've orientated the owners manual location diagram for a RHD car, I may not have been successful. The rear wiper fuse is listed as no.18 but from your photos it appear not to be. Have I got it incorrect (had my specs on as well!)?

I would have expected the Skoda handbook to show the correct orientation and rating values - my previous VAG car did.

• Like 1

Thanks for the guide - it gave me a pointy finger regarding a future installation.

Since I acquired my car a few weeks ago I've become an avid reader of this forum. There's been lots of previous queries on here regarding the fuse box and fuse allocations and although I've orientated the owners manual location diagram for a RHD car, I may not have been successful. The rear wiper fuse is listed as no.18 but from your photos it appear not to be. Have I got it incorrect (had my specs on as well!)?

I would have expected the Skoda handbook to show the correct orientation and rating values - my previous VAG car did.

Yea fuse box guide is rubbish the card on back of fuse box cover it lists the fuse as No.41 with the rear wiper symbol and upon removing fuse, turning ignition on and attempting to operate the rear wiper it didn't move. I shouldn't have had to double check like this but since the guide was so poor I thought it wise lol. I didn't list fuse No in my original post incase it caused any confusion for differing models, years etc. Fuse No 41 for me was (as you look at fuse box) 2nd row from bottom, 2nd from right.

Thanks Fulbar, I'll get the multimeter out! I'm awaiting a Elsawin disc so maybe the the fuse carrier layout will become clear.

Surprised nobody has posted an eye for the blind man.

The fuse box layout is utter rubbish all rows are correct if you hold card on fuse box cover up beside it but in opposite order left to right, in case there is no better option on forum I took a pic on my mobile of the card and messed with it. Post one updated to add:

***EDIT***

As the fuse box layout in my manual is utterly incorrect by sequence and allocations I have rearranged the original fuse layout card in a rather pikey fashion (MS Paint cut and past each one, took forever). Assumption is card supplied refers to LHD cars not RHD so all lines are back to front. Numbers are irrelevant as they do not correspond with the owners manual regardless of which order but symbols to locations are correct for my car now.

The following is correct for my 2011 Octavia II FL CR TDi anyway (yet I have some extra unlisted fuses in car): I am printing it out to keep in car.

Before

Fuses%25203.png

After (This now corresponds to my fuse box as I look at it holding card upright)

Fuses%25204.png

• Like 2

How did you run the cables from the 4way to the fuse box? I am interested in doing this.

How did you run the cables from the 4way to the fuse box? I am interested in doing this.

I took the glove-box out and punched a hole in the top, back, right-hand corner (behind the light).

Removed head unit

A straightened metal clothes-hanger, carefully pushed through a gap in the fusebox (on the lower left-ish there's a nice hole). Leave enough hanger to pull back on.

Mounted the 4-port and pushed the cable through the hole. With reasonable light, you should be able to see where the head-unit was. That's where you're aiming for with the hanger.

Tape the cable to the end of the hanger.

*Carefully* pull the hanger back out through the fuse-box.

Follow FUBAR's wiring instructions.

Didn't take long to do at all really.