Dash Cam & 12V Multi Adaptor Hidden Install (driver storage compartment)

FUBAR

Thanks for the idea, I did this yesterday, really happy, I opted for a multi socket without LEDs though, nice and tidy now!

I am just going to do what I used to do when I had the thing lying in passenger foot well of my we run around, cover the LED!

Really useful guide Fubar. Nicely done B)

Cheers Wardy, I tried to 'like' comment but Briski said I like too much today. :(

I%2520like%2520too%2520much.png

• Like 2

Installed mine using Fubar's excellent instructions. I did have a bit of a problem finding the correct fuse as well - ended piggy backing it on the Fan fuse at it was the only one that I could find that switched off with the ignition. The chart on the fuse box lid didn't seem to have any relation to the actual fuses either.

• Like 1

Oh dear! Try again today :)

Never hit this limit myself - do we actually know how many you're allowed per day?

Sorted! I have no idea on limit. I would have thought at least us green people it would be unlimited (as I can't see a bot paying for freedom) :D

I only glanced at your transpositions Fubar, but isn't the fuse layout a mirror? So the location is actually under the template when the cover is on?

Yup, seems a bit counter intelligent to me too.

Unless I am a complete thingy ...

I did think it was a mirror to start with, which would make sense to a degree.

But seems that certain fuses have been relocated, for the UK market, for whatever reason! Seemingly randomly...

Out of interest does anyone know if the empty fuse holders are powered ?

If you use an ignition switched fuse does that mean that you won't have the parking protection ?

Just received a BlackVue DR380 HD II from SmartCamDirect - excellent service from them next day DHL delivery.

Paul

I only glanced at your transpositions Fubar, but isn't the fuse layout a mirror? So the location is actually under the template when the cover is on?

Yup, seems a bit counter intelligent to me too.

Unless I am a complete thingy ...

Yea that's what I meant by saying

Assumption is card supplied refers to LHD cars not RHD so all lines are back to front.

I did think it was a mirror to start with, which would make sense to a degree.

But seems that certain fuses have been relocated, for the UK market, for whatever reason! Seemingly randomly...

The random lack of corrolation in fuse locations has a very French style to it. Think it seems to depend on what person did that bit of car on the day lol.

Confused :S

20130216_110120_zps862961b1.jpg

20130216_110128_zpsf5525d44.jpg

LOL my car is identical to yours only mine is a 2011 yours a 2012 but its totally different hehehe. That is why I put in my OP that the edited one I did is now correct for my 2011 anyway. The rear wiper fuse on mine was an 15amp but you seem to have the same more or less the same fuses as me but I have more on top of that lol. Your layout guide on fuse box cover is a sticker one, mine is a card that has little hooks for it to slide into and the part numbers on the layout guides are different. God knows, I would just try heated rear window fuse as they seem to be correct (if so its as you look at fuse box 4th row up from bottom 4th from right 25amp). I think yours is again for what is actually there a back to front / mirror image.

Yep! There should also be info in the back of the manual, which gives the fuse rating too. From that you should be able to work out what's what.

Yea my car they are in there but in an even more random order lol.

This is from manual I have. The numbers for sots are totally different to what I know is in them and different again from the layout card on fusebox cover. :wall: Such a simple thing to be so FUBAR, thanks Skoda lol.

Fuses%25201.png

Out of interest does anyone know if the empty fuse holders are powered ?

If you use an ignition switched fuse does that mean that you won't have the parking protection ?

Just received a BlackVue DR380 HD II from SmartCamDirect - excellent service from them next day DHL delivery.

Paul

I did think that but was worried if they were and I was to draw current some might bring up error codes on ECU if that option is not coded, or in same light it might be dead if not activated on ECU. But worth a try indeed.

Too cold out there to adding time messing round with a camera :(

I did it with garage door open and -3 Deg C and some snow falling :p

Well its freezing out there but I had a go. Might change it later to a fuse that might draw power all the time so I can use the park feature.

Looking good! I am doing the same with swapping to another fuse slot when it goes in for service shortly :devil:

• Like 2

I used an empty location on my fuse box that was labeled 12v (I think it is probably for if you have a boot power point) it was empty but I found the supply side was there and live all the time. It is the fifth from the front of the car of the top row of large fuse sizes. On mine it was empty but the contacts for the supply side are there. So I sacrificed a spare 15A fuse and Brock it up, using one side of the spade, I soldered and then heat shrunk a cable on. That has an in-line blade fuse holder (with a 3A fuse) as the perminant supply to the camera. Like everyone else I used the dash bolt for an earth. I then used some large heat-shrink sleeve to hold the camera lighter socket plug into the hard-wire kits socket. Then all tidied up where possible with loom tape and cable ties.

When I have a chance I'll post up some pictures.

Hoping that my 1 1/2 year old car battery can cope with the 3w load when in parking mode.

Interestingly it didn't record anything whilst parked in my garage last night, the last file has it in parking mode and you see the shutter close on my garage, then the next file is in parking mode when I remote opened the shutter this morning.

Paul

• Like 1

Interestingly it didn't record anything whilst parked in my garage last night, the last file has it in parking mode and you see the shutter close on my garage, then the next file is in parking mode when I remote opened the shutter this morning.

Paul

I think that was your second clue that the car wasn't stolen :p Parking mode I imagine only records when it detects motion. :giggle:

Great install Fubar, how did you get the cable hidden behind the roof lining?

I got the bits for the job tonight and will do it after work tomorrow night, it'll be connected to a permanent live as it never goes more than 2 days without being driven (and that's rare).

Thanks in advance...

• Like 1