My car wrapping disaster

BossFox

I know a few have seen it on the other makes section, but as there are possibly people around that have had a car wrapped in the last few years by the same company I thought it worth posting here as a warning to check yours.

As some of you know, I have a 2011 Nissan GT-R.

Around May time last year I had it wrapped to protect the paint.

Turns out the wrapper actually caused far more damage to the paint than if I'd left it alone, as I recently found out.

If I'd have known about the risks and the (wrong) wrapping method and lack of skill there is no way I'd have given the job to Valet Magic to damage my car in the first place.

Here are a selection of the pics, the rest are here:

http://www.gtr.co.uk...e-storm-10.html

Basically the wrap was done without taking parts off the car, instead a sharp knife was used to cut round the spoiler, window seals, wing mirrors and front wing vents.

I already know of at least half a dozen cars that are the same, not counting those that have not wanted to come forward for one reason or another.

Valet Magic Horror Wrap

2.jpg

4.jpg

10.jpg

16.jpg

20.jpg

22.jpg

25.jpg

I suspect they have a wrap at your own risk policy?

Richard, this is very unfortunate and not what you would expect. Hope you find a quality body shop to repair the paint damage.

Sorry to see such shoddy workmanship, I know there's plenty of good wrapping companies out there and at least people now know to avoid valet magic.

Very sorry to see this Richard, you are going about it calmly which if I'm honest is due some credit as I'd be going mad.

Looks like in the right hands for the second wrap, and good luck to you for trying to get some compensation out of the shoddy workmanship from the first wrappers, looks like you totally deserve it. All the best!

Another car that had a Valet Magic wrap on it, but which looked like mine when it came off, only when it went public the owner claimed a tyre company damaged a panel and they had the whole wrap replaced... obviously not then!

Sorry to see this Richard, I'm sure a man of your clout will get it sorted

to your satisfaction.

This is why I've opted for new mirror covers rather than having mine wrapped.

I was really worried about knife damage that wouldn't reveal itself until after

the wrap was removed, and my mirror covers aren't resprayable being coated

with a metallic coating of sorts. New ones would cost me over 500 quid.

My replacement covers are away at the spray shop as we speak.

Bloody hell :sweat:

Hope you get it sorted okay Richard. I don't think anyone would expect that as an outcome from having a car wrapped and they should be expected to rectify the damage at the very least IMO.

Gaz

At £2K it would have been reasonable to expect a decent job, but instead you end up with damage to your car caused by their use of their inappropriate working practices on a car like yours. Can't see they have a leg to stand on and I hope you get it sorted, not that you wanted the grief in the first case though. Best of luck