delivery delays

wendychrissam

hey i ordered a yeti se plus in september 2012 dealer said he ordered for march 2013 hopefully the first, which is this friday coming the dealer told me 3 weeks ago that it was in helland waiting to go on the boat to come to the uk, last week he told me it was definately in the uk but now they say it is in a backlog of cars at grimsby docks and probably wont be here for the 1st. has anyone else experienced or is experiencing a simular situation would be grateful of any feedback thank you x

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:36

"Asked a dealer in Pickering last week what was delivery for 4x4 2.ol SE. He said 6-8 months! Who is kidding who? Anyway found a pre registered one and will take delivery next week - if ever this stinking weather clears."

Is this the same dealer who has told another poster their car is "stuck in the docks at Grimsby"

• Like 1

hey i ordered a yeti se plus in september 2012 dealer said he ordered for march 2013 hopefully the first, which is this friday coming the dealer told me 3 weeks ago that it was in helland waiting to go on the boat to come to the uk, last week he told me it was definately in the uk but now they say it is in a backlog of cars at grimsby docks and probably wont be here for the 1st. has anyone else experienced or is experiencing a simular situation would be grateful of any feedback thank you x

I had exactly the same situation in March 2012 - everyone wants a 'new' plate and delivery 1st March so the delivery pipeline gets overloaded and transporters are overbooked. I was happy to wait until late in March so PDI checks would not be rushed and the weather would be better when I collected the car.

I had exactly the same situation in March 2012 - everyone wants a 'new' plate and delivery 1st March so the delivery pipeline gets overloaded and transporters are overbooked. I was happy to wait until late in March so PDI checks would not be rushed and the weather would be better when I collected the car.

Very wise. A lot of cars are churned out on the first day of new registrations with potentially rushed PDIs.

• Like 1

Very wise. A lot of cars are churned out on the first day of new registrations with potentially rushed PDIs.

Wise decision - My son used to do the PDIs a few years ago and they were on a bonus for the amount they could complete. Waiting a few days is good advise.

Slightly off topic: but will registrations fall from 1 March 2013 to end of August (vs. previous years) before plate change to "63" on 1st of September since it will be a "13" ?! :giggle: Or is 13 not seen as unlucky to some anymore? Beware buying a green car in those six months! hehehe

Was told yesterday my car would be with the dealer tomorrow now been told by skoda that it will be Monday yea yea il believe it when I see it they are offering me a hire car can't complain at my dealer chapmans of Pickering billy the manager is fantastic and doing all he can to help its a shame skoda let their dealerships down by not delivering

... its a shame skoda let their dealerships down by not delivering

To be fair to the dealers and / or SUK, which I am not prone to do... The cars are delivered on transporters and these are owned by a private company, they just go to the docks and pick up what needs delivering. If there are a lot of cars waiting there are no extra lorries available to make up for the shortfall.

I don't want to hear about delays thank very much :sweat: - my 1.4 TSI SE Plus was built on Feb 21st and I guess is on it's way to Emden. The salesman promised to let me know which ship she's on and it will be fun tracking her journey across the North Sea. I understand that the cars are brought into more than one UK port....would Sheerness be the most likely for a car coming to west London?

I've got a nice personal reg and will have to make decisions about the internal bikle holders and/or a tow bar soon.

I'm very much looking forward to picking her up (2 or 3 weeks time) and have learnt so much about the brand from this excellent forum. Reading this forum has added to my Skoda owning experience even before getting my mitts on the steering wheel!

My 13 year old Beemer will be off to the car auctions very soon...she's been a great car but after 12 years of ownership it's time to bid auf wiedersehen.

brgds Andy

• Like 1

To be fair to the dealers and / or SUK, which I am not prone to do... The cars are delivered on transporters and these are owned by a private company, they just go to the docks and pick up what needs delivering. If there are a lot of cars waiting there are no extra lorries available to make up for the shortfall.

they are transported on transporters but its down to skoda to get the to skoda to get more transporters on the job and get them out and according to skoda themselves they have hired extra transporters to help with the backlog this problem has been going on for the past 2 years at least surely by now someone with half a brain could see that its time to solve the problem maybe extending the registation 10 day rule in the months of Feb and Aug when they have more cars arriving if they extended the rule to say 20 days more cars would be able to be delivered earlier to the garages hence keeping the docks a little less backlogged and customers would get their cars without as many delays happy customers equals returning customers annoyed customers equals next time will look at buying something else other than skoda volkswagon seat or audi