If you thought the Nissan Juke was polarising in the looks dept...

Behold the new Jeep Cherokee!!! First some spy shots which made Jeep officially release the images at the bottom very quickly.

847985862118150094.jpg

k-bigpic.jpg

original.jpg
A chinless wonder that... hmmm.

Those slits at the top are NOT the headlights. It gets Juke like headlights in the lower bumper instead. (Which the new Citroën Picasso will also feature).

So here the official images:

2014-jeep-cherokee-2-opt.jpg

2014-jeep-cherokee-1.jpg?w=1410

Worldwide reaction has been very negative. What say the Yeti owners of this Yeti competitor's looks?

From: http://www.autoblog....ial-in-a-hurry/ There are more images there.

Wow... All I can say is... wow... Didn't think they could get it THAT wrong! I realise US tastes differ significantly to European ones, but still... Side-on, the front kind of looks like those weird-looking amphibious car / speedboats, should float quite well!

Edited by gcp

Just remember Jeep is now owned by Fiat... this Amoeba will spawn a Fiat version too. Or perhaps this is the new Fiat Multipla SUV and the real Jeep Cherokee will be released later? :giggle:

Side on I think it looks awful, but the nose grows on you. As it did for me with that Picasso.

citroen-c4-picasso-1.jpg

1.jpg

Still not pretty no... not by a long shot but not as ugly as the first Multipla.

Head-on: looks modern, maybe overstyled in the US way

Side and rear views: oh dear. Hopefully the rear license plate fills the void on the back...

Alas no. The licence plate sits in the black bumper area with the license plate lights just under the lip of the rear hatch!!! That's a HUGE expanse of metal with nothing on it.

I just wiped my eyes with bleach to see if it hurt more than looking at that - but it didn't :S

That really did fall out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Johann, how do you find all of these weird and wacky cars :giggle:

Hate the look of the rear end, to many light units on the front. I think it looks f--k--- awful would rather walk. I think i'm going to :sick: to late

Actually the second word was AWFUL.

The first word was "Flipping"

Fugly would be the word if it existed to use :-) I can see the yeti appreciating at this rate....

JeZ

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

I quite like the funky look of the juke (although I wouldnt want to own one)

But this Jeep is just terrible, what were they thinking?

Think someone needs to go to spec savers lol

Sent from my Galaxy S3, not a Crapple!

I hate this design so much. I'm actually a fan of Jeep, and used to own a '97 4.0l Grand Cherokee - awesome car for the money I paid for it. Jeep have really dropped the ball with this one though. It's on par with Ssang Yong design, i.e. they haven't.

To think the original Cherokee was the epitome of rugged off road design, and spawned a million copy cats. Why can't they just re-invent the classic design?

jeep_cherokee_2000.34509.jpg