If you thought the Nissan Juke was polarising in the looks dept...

Think someone needs to go to spec savers lol

Sent from my Galaxy S3, not a Crapple!

Must be something about the juke that folks like, there are more of them on the road than yetis.

Mind you, seen loads of evoques which havn't been out that long.

Any anoraks out there got access to figures with a breakdown of how many crossovers/4x4 sold in the uk over the last few years

Any anoraks out there got access to figures with a breakdown of how many crossovers/4x4 sold in the uk over the last few years

Sorry did someone call?

How about the top 350 UK model sales for 2012?

http://bestsellingcarsblog.com/2013/02/01/uk-full-year-2012-now-with-top-350-all-models-ranking/

More Vauxhall Antaras were sold in 2012 than Yetis. I kid you not. Over 28,000 Pukes, over 18,000 Evoques, over 14,000 Kia Sportages and even more Land Rover Discoveries than Yetis of which a paltry 7,334 were sold last year. But what do you expect with absolutely ZERO TV or print advertising for the car?!

And back on topic Jeep managed to only sell 1,052 Compasses which is the closest thing to the old Cherokee they sell... Laughable eh!!?

Behold the new Jeep Cherokee!!! First some spy shots which made Jeep officially release the images at the bottom very quickly.

847985862118150094.jpg

k-bigpic.jpg

original.jpg

A chinless wonder that... hmmm.

Those slits at the top are NOT the headlights. It gets Juke like headlights in the lower bumper instead. (Which the new Citroën Picasso will also feature).

So here the official images:

2014-jeep-cherokee-2-opt.jpg

2014-jeep-cherokee-1.jpg?w=1410

Worldwide reaction has been very negative. What say the Yeti owners of this Yeti competitor's looks?

From: http://www.autoblog....ial-in-a-hurry/ There are more images there.

Its a modern day 'SUV' version of Knight Rider. If there is a red light that goes back and forth across that grill I will buy one tomorrow....along with a Davis Hasselhoff LP to match. I think you 'Yeti' people have missed the point. Bring back the 80's.

Instead of a rugged, simple body-on-frame construction like the evergreen Wrangler and current Cherokee, the new model will be based on an enlarged and uprated version of the Alfa Romeo Giulietta’s platform that underpins the Dodge Dart in the US.

It's likely to use the 2.0-litre four-cylinder engines from the Dart, with the 1.75-litre turbo petrol and 2.0 JDTM diesel being obvious fits from the Alfa line-up.

Not even a proper jeep lol

Can't see it selling well anywhere especially in America where they like their cc's

Love the press quote..." Its Crossover toughness is expressed by a front skid plate and 20" chrome wheels." :rofl:

I'm sure they would fit wee 16" wheels if you asked though! :happy:

Well this is from auto express

However, despite being built on a new platform, the Cherokee will still have impressive off-road ability, thanks to its high ground clearance and underbody protection.

So if I wound my coil overs right up and added underbody protection, will my car be better off road than a 2wd freelander? lol

Sorry did someone call?

How about the top 350 UK model sales for 2012?

http://bestsellingca...models-ranking/

More Vauxhall Antaras were sold in 2012 than Yetis. I kid you not. Over 28,000 Pukes, over 18,000 Evoques, over 14,000 Kia Sportages and even more Land Rover Discoveries than Yetis of which a paltry 7,334 were sold last year. But what do you expect with absolutely ZERO TV or print advertising for the car?!

And back on topic Jeep managed to only sell 1,052 Compasses which is the closest thing to the old Cherokee they sell... Laughable eh!!?

Thanks Johann, I thought you might oblige!

That certainly explains why we see so many jukes and evoques around.

Hardly ever see an Antara though, where are they hiding?

I think I'm the only person who actually likes this new Cherokee, and indeed the Nissan Juke. It's nice to see that all car manufacturers haven't turned into Skoda, they still produce something daring and edgy and couldn't give a stuff what people think of them. Time Jeep got a new look, I mean how long can you produce boxes for?

• Like 2

I wonder how many of the Antara, Puke, Sportage, etc. owners would have bought a Yeti if the factory delivery wasn't so long?

It does seem strange that Skoda don't up the availability of the Yeti in the UK as press coverage has been very positive and used prices indicate a demand that's probably pretty close to that of a Evoque / Q5 given the residuals.

People who adopt a Yeti really want a Yeti and are happy to wait for the stork to deliver the bundle of joy over time. Others may be happy just to make do with something else.

• Like 2

Whilst we're at it, I saw a mokka the other day and I liked that too.

A chap at work has had one for a few months now, if I was going to make do I would have considered one. But for as long as the Yeti is available I would not consider anything different at the moment.

With all these odd designs around even if the facelift Yeti takes the rather bland corporate Škoda look compared to the current one it would still be the best looking.

A few years ago people were complaining that all cars were starting to look the same - this is what you get when you complain...

• Like 2