If you thought the Nissan Juke was polarising in the looks dept...

I had a look at a Mokka the other day as a friend was thinking of buying one [despite me telling him to get a Yeti--sigh!]

I didn't think it was all that bad

My first impressions were that they had over-designed it a bit- if that makes sense.

Only 2 side windows made it a bit gloomy in the back seat

As for the boot-- both about the same size below the parcel shelf--much smaller above

It also seemed much narrower inside than a Yeti---anyone with a BMI over 30 need not apply! :giggle:

Overall it's got to be a no for me

A few years ago people were complaining that all cars were starting to look the same - this is what you get when you complain...

Excellent statement.....

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

It looks like they were copying the Kia Sportage but got bored and gave up part way through.

Yea at the stage just before they put pen to paper. Copying a sportage is a decent idea as they are very good looking cars but i just dont see any similarity between a sportage and this jeep im afraid. This jeep looks like nothing else on the road but being so original isnt a good thing IMO. Nothing wrong with boring design if the original design is nice. As others have said this and ssanyong are the most tragic cars on the road in terms of design.

No, cant see that myself, all I can see is a Ford Galaxy upper half and Fiat Punto lower half! Thats a real mess imo. :(

Agree i cant see a sportage similarity. The jeep looks like its broken its back when viewed side on. Looks like its cracked in the middle and sagging.

• 4 weeks later...

The Yeti is no oil painting though, and the Juke Nismo looks fantastic :)

#

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :D

Yes, for some reason I quite like the Juke Nismo... :bandit:

The Juke Nismo also has one of the best steering wheels I've found in a production car.

Go and have a feel.

The Yeti is no oil painting though, and the Juke Nismo looks fantastic :)

Oh come on Bryan!!

How can we take anything seriously from someone who paints his wheels and grille surround gold! :giggle:

• Like 1

Oh come on Bryan!!

How can we take anything seriously from someone who paints his wheels and grille surround gold! :giggle:

Take it how you like, Graham

The Yeti is pretty ugly, no matter how you dress it up, and yet you can almost guarantee that whenever any other manufacturer brings out a Yeti-type vehicle within a matter of days, if not hours, there'll be a new thread to say how carp it looks

Maybe it's just a mechanism to convince the poster that he hasn't bought an ugly car?

Maybe it's just a mechanism to convince the poster that he hasn't bought an ugly car?

LOL no Brimma: the poster is just very much into cars hence posting all these things. :hi: And I like ugly, quirky, weird, distinctive and scarce cars. So the Yeti suits me on all those levels ta.

I agree. The Yeti is not a pretty car. I don't dislike it, and would consider buying one, but if you stopped 100 people in the street you wouldn't get a lot that said it looks brilliant. The 2008 seems a far better looking vehicle, for example.

I consider the Yeti to be an extremely handsome car, but what do I know, I drive a Roomster. I would also like to have seen the initial clay models of the Juke before they melted.

Right, what's all this 'puke' nonsense? :think:

I currently have a nissan juke. Although I am swapping it for a Yeti.

Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder.

When I first saw the Juke I loved its funky looks instantly.

Almost three years on and although I still like it, I fancy a change. Something more practical with a bigger boot, but still a crossover type.

I looked on whatcar website at the kuga, the CX-5, the IX35. I kept seeing this Yeti thing that I'd never even heard of (I do live in the back o beyond remember!) and I didn't like the look of it to start with, but eventually read the reviews, looked again and mulled it over and it grew on me. Then I found this forum and read loads of posts.

So I guess tastes change, and I now love the Yeti looks and can't wait to get my new monster.

• Like 3

I went to look at a Juke while considering my Yeti. I liked the quirky looks but my (then) 13 year old and I got in and turned to each other and both said "it's tiny"

There were only the two of us to consider and we doubted it's comfort and capacity for any more than town work-it is not in the same size group at all.

I have had and enjoyed an 02 Cooper S but have no use for a tiny car nowadays.

I went to look at a Juke while considering my Yeti. I liked the quirky looks but my (then) 13 year old and I got in and turned to each other and both said "it's tiny"

I was never suggesting that it was in the same size range, merely that, as the OP's thread title, it is one which the haters like to give a nickname to