If you thought the Nissan Juke was polarising in the looks dept...

Has no-one referred to the Skoda Petty yet?

Watch it Bryan! :@:giggle:

For once Brimma i'm with you on this matter :)

Dont get too attached though FFS! lol

Wedding bells? :giggle::kiss:

Calendar noted accordingly :)

Do I get an invite, Bryan? :kiss::giggle:

For those that can stomach it, Jeep have released more pictures of this beast:

http://www.autoblog..../#photo-5761712

And also of the rear. I was correct as to where the number plate will reside:

2014cherokee33-opt.jpg

2014-Jeep-Cherokee-16.jpg

Interesting stacked pairs of lights/exhausts at he back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

IMO, the Yeti is decent looking from the side and rear, but not pretty at the front.

However, it doesn't make me retch like that Jeep............

For some reason, I also like the Nissan Xtrail, but the front of that is sooooooooooo square looking and some might say, ugly.

When I look at a car, I go with how I feel about it...............and sometimes your view is just not explainable to anyone not like-minded.

H

• Like 1

Interesting stacked pairs of lights/exhausts at he back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It looks like one car parked on top of another kinda like a young yoof car crash stylee...;-)

JeZ

+1.

Never thought I would say that about any American SUV, but yes, in red with black wheels/highlights it does look OK. Would never buy an American vehicle though - had a couple in the past and the interior and general build quality is not in the same division as a VAG product.

• 5 months later...

Well the first decent test of this car is out:

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/09/19/2014-jeep-cherokee-review-first-drive/

2014-jeep-cherokee-fd-lead15.jpg

Seems pretty good if you can get past the looks.  Which I'm sure most people will over time.  Two interesting fearures for me is this in regards to the automatic gearbox:

"An interesting feature of the transmission is Electronic Range Select. Unlike so many other gearboxes on the market, you can't choose any gear for the nine-speed to be in; what you do is tell the transmission the range of gears it has available to it, and it will choose the best gear for the current driving situation and fuel economy. It's for situations like towing, for instance, when you're headed up a grade and you know you don't want the transmission to shift above fourth gear. When you move the gear selector over to its 'manual' position and choose fourth, the transmission doesn't take that gear – it will use any gear from first to fourth, and go no higher."

The other is this "cruise control" for off roading - which does not only work on downhill bits like normal hill decent control but works up and down hill:

"The major new feature is Selec-Speed Control, activated by pressing a button within the Selec-Terrain controller. It will keep the Cherokee moving at a base speed of 0.6 miles per hour, increasing that by 0.6-mph increments at the driver's request through nine speeds, up to 5.5 mph. There was a bit of confusion at first, because just above the button for Selec-Speed Control is the button for Hill Descent Control (HDC), which does partly the same thing and can be set in 0.6 mph increments. But whereas HDC uses the ESC system, engine torque and brake pressure to maintain a set speed on downhills and has only five speeds, Selec-Speed Control is essentially cruise control when off-roading, and it works no matter the incline, decline or obstacle and has nine speeds."

Seems pretty good if you can get past the looks.  Which I'm sure most people will over time.  Two interesting fearures for me is this in regards to the automatic gearbox:

"An interesting feature of the transmission is Electronic Range Select. Unlike so many other gearboxes on the market, you can't choose any gear for the nine-speed to be in; what you do is tell the transmission the range of gears it has available to it, and it will choose the best gear for the current driving situation and fuel economy. It's for situations like towing, for instance, when you're headed up a grade and you know you don't want the transmission to shift above fourth gear. When you move the gear selector over to its 'manual' position and choose fourth, the transmission doesn't take that gear – it will use any gear from first to fourth, and go no higher."

The other is this "cruise control" for off roading - which does not only work on downhill bits like normal hill decent control but works up and down hill:

"The major new feature is Selec-Speed Control, activated by pressing a button within the Selec-Terrain controller. It will keep the Cherokee moving at a base speed of 0.6 miles per hour, increasing that by 0.6-mph increments at the driver's request through nine speeds, up to 5.5 mph. There was a bit of confusion at first, because just above the button for Selec-Speed Control is the button for Hill Descent Control (HDC), which does partly the same thing and can be set in 0.6 mph increments. But whereas HDC uses the ESC system, engine torque and brake pressure to maintain a set speed on downhills and has only five speeds, Selec-Speed Control is essentially cruise control when off-roading, and it works no matter the incline, decline or obstacle and has nine speeds."

I saw half a dozen of these in various colours parked alongside a posh hotel in Barcelona a few days ago. I have to say, having generally universally hated the look of any motor from the Usa previously, these look really good in the flesh, much better than the photos posted here/in the link.

Edited by fastestlouigie

It is hideous!

I'm probably going to be eaten alive for posting this – and I DON'T want to sound racist, but... :

1303350406600.jpg

Edited by Hirundo

It is hideous!

I'm probably going to be eaten alive for posting this – and I DON'T want to sound racist, but... :

1303350406600.jpg

agree absolutely.  900000000 is way off the mark, (as is occasionally the case, despite seeming SO authoritative...)

• 1 year later...

Apologies for rehashing an old thread, but yikes. The latest Autocar test for this car gives it but ONE AND A HALF stars out of five!

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/jeep/cherokee/first-drives/jeep-cherokee-limited-20-jtdm-2-170-4x4-uk-first-drive-review

Most definitely a car to avoid then.